Thread: Paypal is Down

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Lizzy Demon Storm
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I too am running out of funds. I am able to do a deposit this week, but I feel like the returns have become abysmal since PayPal has been disabled, and if it continues with the next deposit then I will probably join the other 100 sweaters the ambu's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy Storm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like the returns have become abysmal since PayPal has been disabled, and if it continues with the next deposit then I will probably join the other 100 sweaters the ambu's.
    I was looking for a word to describe the returns lately, I think "abysmal" sounds pretty good..

I don't know if it's linked to PayPal story, but indeed there's something wrong.
    Return is so bad lately I'm sorry to say mine just looks like an absolute scam..

So guys you should be happy that you can't deposit, lucky you, stay away !

Fly, you fools !

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Time for an update?

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Closedfile McMullen
    Blog Entries
    I doesn't strike as a surprise that returns become worse if so many people cannot deposit. Less money in the system and equal amount out means less return in game.

In this way paypal being down affects everyone and not only the paypal users.
    Maybe less the paypal users since I'm not even logging in any more until I can deposit and have some fun.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosedFile View Post
    I doesn't strike as a surprise that returns become worse if so many people cannot deposit. Less money in the system and equal amount out means less return in game.

In this way paypal being down affects everyone and not only the paypal users.
    Maybe less the paypal users since I'm not even logging in any more until I can deposit and have some fun.

Take the tin foil hat off please....there are many talks of loot returns being worse throughout the history of PCF.
    Many come up when we are leading up to an annual mayhem event (maybe they just need the extra return to be able to pay out the prizes?). Perhaps your avatar is in a downswing which will come around (another theory), maybe you are not tracking correctly and are just going by what your pedcard looks like (a regular type of response posted on PCF), maybe you haven't cycled enough for that multiplier ( another usual type of response on PCF).

Whatever the reason is, it isn't linked to Paypal and deposits.

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    freak lotus one
    Society
    Shoot 'N Loot
    Images
    https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_DE

"9.1. Restricted Activities

In clause 9.1. of we have inserted the new sub-clause 9.1.ii. for clarification:

ii. Use of the PayPal Services in connection with offerings which are illegal in the location where you are using the PayPal Services, including without limitation some online gambling offerings. If you are unsure whether or not a particular offering is illegal in your location, you must confirm the legality of the offering prior to using the PayPal Services in connection with that offering;

We have adjusted the numbering of the subsequent sub-clauses accordingly; other than that clause 9.1. remains unchanged."

could that be the reason?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by freakone View Post

In clause 9.1. of we have inserted the new sub-clause 9.1.ii. for clarification:

ii. Use of the PayPal Services in connection with offerings which are illegal in the location where you are using the PayPal Services, including without limitation some online gambling offerings. If you are unsure whether or not a particular offering is illegal in your location, you must confirm the legality of the offering prior to using the PayPal Services in connection with that offering;

We have adjusted the numbering of the subsequent sub-clauses accordingly; other than that clause 9.1. remains unchanged."

'Oof' them pesky loot boxes

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next to the Ketchup, and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
    Bare BareBones Bones
    Society
    Skillin Villains
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by K_rupT View Post
    'Oof' them pesky loot boxes
    Quite possibly the reason , maybe its time to move boxes to ingame purchases to avoid this issue.
    Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
    11 October 1884 7 November 1962

Young
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jeffrey Whoeier Middelbos
    Society
    the NBK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Quite possibly the reason , maybe its time to move boxes to ingame purchases to avoid this issue.
    I would welcome that, but would suggest to move they keys also into a craftable items, where the boxes are lootable/minable.

As there is no direct profit for MA on the purchase of the box/keys, it would eventually become a market product, where markup and construction fees will fluctuate.

Simple recipe can be used ( ie. 10 key parts + 500 nova/blazar)..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Dropping my opinion here

I think the return is indirectly related to the deposit. If paypal depositers aren't able to deposit, they will probably cease most / all in-game activities and the system will lose a potential amount of PEDs that should be generated by them.

In the long run, we will be able to feel more of it as amount in the loot pool decreases. I am one of them that have planned to deposit via paypal in the future (since I got extra income there) and haven't been able to do so, which is why I've been limiting myself to play.

I hope the issue is resolved or MA will have to find another payment provider.

Could be the issue as well. Swedish players cannot buy strongbox keys, paypal finds out MA is a swedish company and was under investigation for gambling practice. I wish we got a clear clarification of what the issue really is from MA. Why are they so silent about this?

I would welcome that, but would suggest to move they keys also into a craftable items, where the boxes are lootable/minable.

As there is no direct profit for MA on the purchase of the box/keys, it would eventually become a market product, where markup and construction fees will fluctuate.

Simple recipe can be used ( ie. 10 key parts + 500 nova/blazar)..
    I'd be one to support them to have it craftable or achievable in-game, but sadly, MA gets a lot of money from selling it exclusive through webshop I'd doubt they'll consider this idea.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast