Paypal is Down

Status
:thumbup: Agreed. Paypal are crooks in disguise. Once u go with transferwise u'll never wanna look back.

Regardless of how much better the product or more ethical the company may be, if they aren't accepted everywhere they are useless. Paypal has ubiquity going for them.

Have been using PayPal since they paid you $5 if you sent them a new referral.

Not a single problem in that time , and it has been my source of online payments.

I have encouraged quite a few companies to use PayPal to gain my business with success.

I will not depo to Entropia without it.

Fix whatever issue there is , as I will not return to paying fees to deposit.

How to transferwise?
Can you use transferwise for webshop boxes?

Not quite yet, it is a suggestion. If MindArk had an account with them like they must have with Paypal, it would be as easy to use and better than Paypal. Otherwise, if they'd just enable ordinary bank transfer as payment method, it would function as cheapest possible interface to every payment method in the world TransferWise has enabled, and these are a lot already. There would be no difference for credit/debit card users because these are already accepted by MA directly and independently from Paypal (btw using your card via Paypal just incurs fees twice, hope nobody does that). TW is a popular service e.g. with digital nomads and freelancers offering their services internationally. I have an affiliate link if someone is interested, would be against forum rules to just throw it in.

Last edited:
Regardless of how much better the product or more ethical the company may be, if they aren't accepted everywhere they are useless. Paypal has ubiquity going for them.

This.

I don't like PayPal either but MA can't ignore this payment method when doing worldwide business.

In the case we can't get PayPal back to working conditions, I would like to see another payment option where we can buy items from the webshop with.

With events coming up I would like to be able to buy the keys for strongboxes.

In the case we can't get PayPal back to working conditions, I would like to see another payment option where we can buy items from the webshop with.

With events coming up I would like to be able to buy the keys for strongboxes.

Perhaps prepaid Mastercard/Visa cards?

How to transferwise?
Can you use transferwise for webshop boxes?

One of our fund members deposits via transferwise. However that is pure ped deposit I am guessing. MA would need to implement it as an option for the webshop boxes.

Curious to know why Transferwise is better than Paypal ?

Much cheaper to send/receive money via transferwise due to lower cost + much better exchange rates. That said from a user end perspective the lower cost does not matter as MA bear that when using paypal. So the benefit would be available to them. The better exchange rates would be of value depending on what country you are sending money from.

curious to know how we make MA implement it, both in webshop and on deposit website, and how many years it would prolly take :silly2:

Yep, also we are assuming its simple but the reality might be different.

Agreed that the convenience offered by paypal and its ubiquitous position is such that it cannot be ignored by MA.

can the community manger respond perhaps? Anyone?

When it went down they made it sound like it would be temporary (or just my interpenetration of the situation)
I am like others - I will not go back to using credit cards with fees.

can the community manger respond perhaps? Anyone?

When it went down they made it sound like it would be temporary (or just my interpenetration of the situation)
I am like others - I will not go back to using credit cards with fees.

yes please an update from an Official MA would be fantastic

I have used PayPal for a long time & never had any problems with them.

I do not understand what is going on, but am running out of funds & would deposit through PayPal if I could.

It would be good if MA would let us know the situation - its in their interest to do so

I too am running out of funds. I am able to do a deposit this week, but I feel like the returns have become abysmal since PayPal has been disabled, and if it continues with the next deposit then I will probably join the other 100 sweaters the ambu's.

I feel like the returns have become abysmal since PayPal has been disabled, and if it continues with the next deposit then I will probably join the other 100 sweaters the ambu's.

I was looking for a word to describe the returns lately, I think "abysmal" sounds pretty good..

I don't know if it's linked to PayPal story, but indeed there's something wrong.
Return is so bad lately I'm sorry to say mine just looks like an absolute scam.. :mad:

So guys you should be happy that you can't deposit, lucky you, stay away !

Fly, you fools ! :wise:

Time for an update?

I doesn't strike as a surprise that returns become worse if so many people cannot deposit. Less money in the system and equal amount out means less return in game.

In this way paypal being down affects everyone and not only the paypal users.
Maybe less the paypal users since I'm not even logging in any more until I can deposit and have some fun.

I doesn't strike as a surprise that returns become worse if so many people cannot deposit. Less money in the system and equal amount out means less return in game.

In this way paypal being down affects everyone and not only the paypal users.
Maybe less the paypal users since I'm not even logging in any more until I can deposit and have some fun.

Take the tin foil hat off please....there are many talks of loot returns being worse throughout the history of PCF.
Many come up when we are leading up to an annual mayhem event (maybe they just need the extra return to be able to pay out the prizes?). Perhaps your avatar is in a downswing which will come around (another theory), maybe you are not tracking correctly and are just going by what your pedcard looks like (a regular type of response posted on PCF), maybe you haven't cycled enough for that multiplier ( another usual type of response on PCF).

Whatever the reason is, it isn't linked to Paypal and deposits.

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en_DE

"9.1. Restricted Activities

In clause 9.1. of we have inserted the new sub-clause 9.1.ii. for clarification:

ii. Use of the PayPal Services in connection with offerings which are illegal in the location where you are using the PayPal Services, including without limitation some online gambling offerings. If you are unsure whether or not a particular offering is illegal in your location, you must confirm the legality of the offering prior to using the PayPal Services in connection with that offering;

We have adjusted the numbering of the subsequent sub-clauses accordingly; other than that clause 9.1. remains unchanged."

could that be the reason?

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full?locale.x=en_DE

In clause 9.1. of we have inserted the new sub-clause 9.1.ii. for clarification:

ii. Use of the PayPal Services in connection with offerings which are illegal in the location where you are using the PayPal Services, including without limitation some online gambling offerings. If you are unsure whether or not a particular offering is illegal in your location, you must confirm the legality of the offering prior to using the PayPal Services in connection with that offering;

We have adjusted the numbering of the subsequent sub-clauses accordingly; other than that clause 9.1. remains unchanged."

'Oof' them pesky loot boxes

Quite possibly the reason , maybe its time to move boxes to ingame purchases to avoid this issue.

Quite possibly the reason , maybe its time to move boxes to ingame purchases to avoid this issue.

I would welcome that, but would suggest to move they keys also into a craftable items, where the boxes are lootable/minable.

As there is no direct profit for MA on the purchase of the box/keys, it would eventually become a market product, where markup and construction fees will fluctuate.

Simple recipe can be used ( ie. 10 key parts + 500 nova/blazar)..

Dropping my opinion here

I think the return is indirectly related to the deposit. If paypal depositers aren't able to deposit, they will probably cease most / all in-game activities and the system will lose a potential amount of PEDs that should be generated by them.

In the long run, we will be able to feel more of it as amount in the loot pool decreases. I am one of them that have planned to deposit via paypal in the future (since I got extra income there) and haven't been able to do so, which is why I've been limiting myself to play.

I hope the issue is resolved or MA will have to find another payment provider.

https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mp...locale.x=en_DE

Could be the issue as well. Swedish players cannot buy strongbox keys, paypal finds out MA is a swedish company and was under investigation for gambling practice. I wish we got a clear clarification of what the issue really is from MA. Why are they so silent about this?

I would welcome that, but would suggest to move they keys also into a craftable items, where the boxes are lootable/minable.

As there is no direct profit for MA on the purchase of the box/keys, it would eventually become a market product, where markup and construction fees will fluctuate.

Simple recipe can be used ( ie. 10 key parts + 500 nova/blazar)..

I'd be one to support them to have it craftable or achievable in-game, but sadly, MA gets a lot of money from selling it exclusive through webshop I'd doubt they'll consider this idea.

This might be because of a trend inside the gaming community of micro transactions that might or not get you a cool item/skin/... A lot of gamers look down on it and it has been compared to gambling indeed.

People should be concerned if Mindark is not keeping up with regular banking practices.

As it is normal withdrawals are not able to be processed according to new regulations. Mindark does not have the new form to allow proper transfers, and they seem to assume I just need to convince my government and bank to use the old one.

I'll keep people updated, but I have a pending withdrawl past the window that currently cannot be completed.

We'll probably be getting news sometime this week, maybe not

Screenshot-from-2019-10-15-08-57-55.png

Happy i dont need to depo atm.

Since paypal has been down, I used one of my mastercards a couple of weeks ago to make a deposit into Entropia.
Today I got a phonecall from my CC company saying that they needed to give me a new card because of the entropia charge. I told them that it was me that made the entropia charge. They said it didn't matter. That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else or not. I'm in Canada, maybe my credit card company is being over cautious, but it's making me wonder what is going on.

I don't know if this has anything to do with why we suddenly can't use paypal, but thought I would post it here.

Since paypal has been down, I used one of my mastercards a couple of weeks ago to make a deposit into Entropia.
Today I got a phonecall from my CC company saying that they needed to give me a new card because of the entropia charge. I told them that it was me that made the entropia charge. They said it didn't matter. That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else or not. I'm in Canada, maybe my credit card company is being over cautious, but it's making me wonder what is going on.

I don't know if this has anything to do with why we suddenly can't use paypal, but thought I would post it here.

"merchant has been compromised"

Now we can't use PayPal and we risk nerfing our CC?

MA you need to comment now.

"merchant has been compromised"

Now we can't use PayPal and we risk nerfing our CC?

MA you need to comment now.

MA won't make any comments. They will stay quiet until it is fixed

That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

No idea about Swedish law, but in all US states there is a legal requirement for the company to notify customers of a data breach within a given time frame - typically less than 60 days. PCI/DSS has their own compliance policies on top of that.

Let's hope that is not the case, though, and there's a more innocuous explanation.

One time they contacted me and said there is suspected fraud because of charges to Sweden were made and asked me if they were legit. I was like ummm yea.. just like the 100 other times before that one!!!! :dunce:

Status
Back