Paypal is Down

Status
What Mastercard problem you talk about ? Share pls
For me it work just perfect .

it was RavenJades experience she shared here:
Since paypal has been down, I used one of my mastercards a couple of weeks ago to make a deposit into Entropia.
Today I got a phonecall from my CC company saying that they needed to give me a new card because of the entropia charge. I told them that it was me that made the entropia charge. They said it didn't matter. That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else or not. I'm in Canada, maybe my credit card company is being over cautious, but it's making me wonder what is going on.

I don't know if this has anything to do with why we suddenly can't use paypal, but thought I would post it here.

it was RavenJades experience she shared here:

Its her experience it doesn't mean we all experience the same issue.
I would have some questions in regards to that :
-How would I know that the person who called her is talking about the same merchant (Entropia Universe) and not another one which she might have purchased something else prior to her deposit.
-How would I know that the person who called her is not incompetent and judge every potential overseas transfer as one of a high risk (US and Canada) are well known as anyone else outside their territory are the bad guys.

In 6 years I have never whiteness a deposit or a withdrawal problem so let me believe that if you encounter one its because of you most likely.If one payment method is down, I am sure that there are alternatives for your money to be deposited.Rest yourself assured that the paypal method will be available again.Yeah its working slow cuz its Mindark but it will be fixed.

He did say it was the Entropia charge. I said that I made the charge. He said it didn't matter, that the merchant was compromised.

I've made many deposits over the years with either my mastercard, visa, or paypal. This was the first time ever that my credit card company is making me get a whole new card because of the Entropia charge.

I don't know if the company is being over zealous , or what. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. I just reported what happened to me. ymmv.

Its her experience it doesn't mean we all experience the same issue.
I would have some questions in regards to that :
-How would I know that the person who called her is talking about the same merchant (Entropia Universe) and not another one which she might have purchased something else prior to her deposit.
-How would I know that the person who called her is not incompetent and judge every potential overseas transfer as one of a high risk (US and Canada) are well known as anyone else outside their territory are the bad guys.

In 6 years I have never whiteness a deposit or a withdrawal problem so let me believe that if you encounter one its because of you most likely.If one payment method is down, I am sure that there are alternatives for your money to be deposited.Rest yourself assured that the paypal method will be available again.Yeah its working slow cuz its Mindark but it will be fixed.

My bank used to flag it as suspicious. Right after PayPal was removed from webshop my bank froze my card from a charge to Entropia Universe. Had to confirm the last 50 transactions and then they labeled Entropia Universe as a recurring charge so it wont get flagged again. Happens a lot for international transactions.

My bank used to flag it as suspicious. Right after PayPal was removed from webshop my bank froze my card from a charge to Entropia Universe. Had to confirm the last 50 transactions and then they labeled Entropia Universe as a recurring charge so it wont get flagged again. Happens a lot for international transactions.

Thats their job to protect your account . But its easy to blame on MA for some people ...

MindArk management is still investigating the current PayPal issues, and plans to have an announcement available within the next several business days.

Please note that all credit/debit card transactions are processed and handled by DIBS Payment Services, our long-time payment provider.

MindArk does not store any of the credit card information, card holder information, or personal information provided when making a purchase or deposit into Entropia Universe.

RavenJade
He did say it was the Entropia charge. I said that I made the charge. He said it didn't matter, that the merchant was compromised.

I've made many deposits over the years with either my mastercard, visa, or paypal. This was the first time ever that my credit card company is making me get a whole new card because of the Entropia charge.

I don't know if the company is being over zealous , or what. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue. I just reported what happened to me. ymmv.

So... if if Mindark doesn't hold info, but DIBs does, does that mean Mindark is indirectly saying that DIBS had a data breech that affects all of us?

I have a feeling its still all related to the new legislation regarding taxing profits and transfers. id be willing to bet you don't need a new card, what they want is to issue you a new card but more importantly.. sign the new documentation that comes with it regarding these changes! =p

So... if if Mindark doesn't hold info, but DIBs does, does that mean Mindark is indirectly saying that DIBS had a data breech that affects all of us?

MindArk hasn't directly or indirectly said anything. They are reminding you that they do not handle the credit card transacation themselves so that you do not blame them for everything like the player base seems to do.

There is no record of DIBs having a data breach except for ONE person claiming their bank advised them. What about all the other banks? They must not care about their customers or dealing with fraud. I have deposited via cc the last few months, i have a canadian bank as well, no call from them, no new card.

As someone else said, most likely some terms & conditions were updated and this is their way of having the consumer agree with those terms since activating the new card constitutes as agreeing to the terms.

How are you using TransferWise? MA support told me they don't take it.

That is very strange because one of the EntropiaInvest fund members confirmed with me a week back that he had deposited via Transferwise and this was actually his second time doing so. I am pretty sure there is no reason for MA not to take transferwise payments as long as there is possibility to track payment and tag it to the account associated.

If you want me to hook you up to the guy contact me ingame and i'll see what i can do.

MindArk management is still investigating the current PayPal issues, and plans to have an announcement available within the next several business days.

Please note that all credit/debit card transactions are processed and handled by DIBS Payment Services, our long-time payment provider.

MindArk does not store any of the credit card information, card holder information, or personal information provided when making a purchase or deposit into Entropia Universe.

Anything? This should not be too hard to tell us what is going on.

Thread name could be changed :

Paypal is dead.

Thread name could be changed :

Paypal is dead.

I just logged in my paypal and its not dead.Therefore your suggestion is wrong but we feel your frustration.

define next several business days..

After waiting more then a few working days i think MindArk could at least give us an update.. This is starting to look very unprofessional and for the players who want to deposit and have Paypal as their preffered method its getting more and more frustating

After waiting more then a few working days i think MindArk could at least give us an update.. This is starting to look very unprofessional and for the players who want to deposit and have Paypal as their preffered method its getting more and more frustating

They gave a Deposit Methods Update on October 24.

tl;dr: no Paypal anymore.

Status
Back