Paypal is Down

Status
That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

Thx for the info. It'll be nice to have any info on how come the merchant is compromised. It may give us clue on what is actually happening in MA

EDIT: Added paypal - merchant agreement for information should anyone wants to know the possibilities of suspended service

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/ua/merchservices-full

Section 10.1

10.1 Term; Renewal.
This Agreement will commence on the later of (i) the date Merchant accepts the terms of this Agreement (the "Effective Date"), or (ii) the date that Merchant's Payflow account is activated for live Transactions, if different; and will continue for a period of one (1) year (or two (2) years if Merchant prepays for two years), unless terminated earlier or suspended according to the provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement will thereafter automatically renew for successive twelve (12) month terms (or twenty-four (24) month terms if Merchant prepays for twenty-four months), unless either party gives the other party written or electronic notice, in accordance with the terms herein, of its intention not to renew the Agreement, at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the then-current term or renewal term if termination is by PayPal. Any renewal of your Services is subject to our then-current terms and conditions, successful completion of any applicable authentication procedure, if any, and payment of all applicable service fees at the time of renewal. Additional payment terms may apply to the PayPal Services you purchase, as set forth herein and in the applicable Schedules to this Agreement.

Section 10.2b

Notwithstanding Section 10.1, PayPal may suspend Merchant's access to the Services or terminate this Agreement as follows:

Following ten (10) days prior electronic or written notice (such as an overdue invoice) if (a) Merchant breaches the Agreement, (b) perpetrates fraud, (c) causes or fails to fix a security breach relating to the Services, (d) fails to comply with PayPal's best practices requirements for security management or to respond to an inquiry from PayPal, concerning the accuracy or completeness of the information Merchant is required to provide pursuant to this Agreement, (e) if PayPal reasonably suspects fraudulent activity on Merchant's payment services account, (if such breach is not cured within such 10-day period), (f) in the event that certain third party licenses or access to third party components of the Services are terminated, or (g) non payment of invoice; or

Immediately, without prior notice, if PayPal reasonably believes Merchant's breach compromises the security of the Services in any material fashion, if fraudulent Transactions are being run on your account, or Merchant's financial processor or Financial Institution with which Merchant has a merchant account requires such termination or suspension.

Last edited:
Since paypal has been down, I used one of my mastercards a couple of weeks ago to make a deposit into Entropia.
Today I got a phonecall from my CC company saying that they needed to give me a new card because of the entropia charge. I told them that it was me that made the entropia charge. They said it didn't matter. That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else or not. I'm in Canada, maybe my credit card company is being over cautious, but it's making me wonder what is going on.

I don't know if this has anything to do with why we suddenly can't use paypal, but thought I would post it here.

When not using PayPal I always use single time credit card numbers specifically designed for online use, so no. My bank didn't inform me on that. But thanks for sharing.

:thumbup: Agreed. Paypal are crooks in disguise. Once u go with transferwise u'll never wanna look back.

How are you using TransferWise? MA support told me they don't take it.

How are you using TransferWise? MA support told me they don't take it.

Instructions are on https://transferwise.com/

It is not required that MA holds an account with them (it would benefit them for facilitating deposits though). At a withdrawal, all they need to do is enter your code in the comment field so TW knows to which customer an incoming transfer belongs, while the actual bank account belongs to them. What am I saying, the mechanics are basically the same as with Paypal. The sender could also pay by card or through various methods available in every country, but then the fees will be different.

I thought we would see a statement from MA this week and its already Thursday.
Ahh well.

Ahh well.

Soon™

The message you have entered is too short.

Last edited:
Ahh well.

I don't know about you but in Romania Thursday is somewhere in the middle of the week.We end the week with Sunday.I assume Mindark use similar therefore they have 3 days left to let us know what happen so please breath and have patience.Don't forget to TRUST. :wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

I don't know about you but in Romania Thursday is somewhere in the middle of the week.We end the week with Sunday.I assume Mindark use similar therefore they have 3 days left to let us know what happen so please breath and have patience.Don't forget to TRUST. :wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

And in Sweden they go home at 5pm on Friday.

(Well, some do.)

And in Sweden they go home at 5pm on Friday.

I've seen them many times posting valuable information Saturday and Sunday and I always trust the history over emotions.

Mastercard cannot be used neither ... just tried to buy some key's for mining strongboxes.

Mastercard cannot be used neither ... just tried to buy some key's for mining strongboxes.

So we don't have working paypal, now CCs are having problems with deposit. Some ppl also have problem with withdrawal to overseas bank due to new regulation (in which MA should have already known and adapted). Plus, not even a word from MA about all this

Confusing times, we truly live in

MindArk management is still investigating the current PayPal issues, and plans to have an announcement available within the next several business days.

Please note that all credit/debit card transactions are processed and handled by DIBS Payment Services, our long-time payment provider.

MindArk does not store any of the credit card information, card holder information, or personal information provided when making a purchase or deposit into Entropia Universe.

MindArk management is still investigating the current PayPal issues, and plans to have an announcement available within the next several business days.

Please note that all credit/debit card transactions are processed and handled by DIBS Payment Services, our long-time payment provider.

MindArk does not store any of the credit card information, card holder information, or personal information provided when making a purchase or deposit into Entropia Universe.

Well that's a bit of a downer. When announcing an event too. Bad timing for sure

MindArk management [...] plans to have an announcement available within the next several business days.

So you tell us to wait for a notice.
Since 4 weeks.
And the long awaited answer after 4 weeks is "We will say something later...".

And you wonder why people dont trust MA anymore?

Jeeez!

So you tell us to wait for a notice.
Since 4 weeks.
And the long awaited answer after 4 weeks is "We will say something later...".

And you wonder why people dont trust MA anymore?

Jeeez!

I was going to post that I was happy they responded, but didn't connect how they already said something that long ago. I also hate how I added to this thread asking for a reply from communication manager and that took several days.
I don't play this game frequently anymore, I also have not spent money - almost a year I didn't spend...YET
I had time to check the forum nearly daily. How can someone who's job it is and gets paid by this game can't check it and respond (asking for 30mins a day maybe)

Are we going to get any kind of news with all of this from MA or just be told to wait constantly..? Kind of hard to keep any kind of trust in this game when putting out a statement is so tough. The people that deposit are the ones paying your bills by the way in case you guys have forgotten, remaining silent on an issue such as this makes people think the worst case scenario.

Well Mindark have made a statement - they are obviously taking things seriously - in the circumstances I am prepared to wait several business days.

I think the problem is bigger than paypal itself. As someone mentioned before in this thread, CCs are getting replaced by issuing banks after deposit to MA due to compromised merchant. Some others are also having problem with withdrawal due to new banking regulations. I believe these are related to each other

I think the problem is bigger than paypal itself. As someone mentioned before in this thread, CCs are getting replaced by issuing banks after deposit to MA due to compromised merchant. Some others are also having problem with withdrawal due to new banking regulations. I believe these are related to each other

Dibs has been mucho bueno for me ����

Not so much the fee tho

Bring back PP please

Put 3 unrelated things together, just make up they have to do with each other and imply that MA is having issues.
They have not answered finally on the issue because they're obviously still trying to figure out a solution to the problem.
If there were real issues, it would mean that the payments wouldn't get accepted at all by the CC provider.
(So far) fust another thread of people making up stuff to talk badly about MA.

Since paypal has been down, I used one of my mastercards a couple of weeks ago to make a deposit into Entropia.
Today I got a phonecall from my CC company saying that they needed to give me a new card because of the entropia charge. I told them that it was me that made the entropia charge. They said it didn't matter. That the merchant has been compromised and that they must issue me a new credit card.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else or not. I'm in Canada, maybe my credit card company is being over cautious, but it's making me wonder what is going on.

I don't know if this has anything to do with why we suddenly can't use paypal, but thought I would post it here.

hmm... merchant compromised you say?...

hmm... merchant compromised you say?...

All those information round up for me that MA is having a credibility problem.

First PayPal.
Then Mastercard.
Merchant compromised.
Who is next? VISA?
When the struggled tiny playerbase loses faith in MA, too, then MindArk can shut down.

Time for an official MindArk statement, which doesnt translate "We are under investigation for money laundry, credit card fraud, or whatever" into "The webshop's PayPal link is broken".

I know you hate transparency or telling the truth, MA.
But i beg you to put the cards on the table and save the last remaining trust some players (and I) have in you.
This concept may be unknown to you, MA, but actually Telling the truth can restore trust!

All those information round up for me that MA is having a credibility problem.

First PayPal.
Then Mastercard.
Merchant compromised.
Who is next? VISA?
When the struggled tiny playerbase loses faith in MA, too, then MindArk can shut down.

Time for an official MindArk statement, which doesnt translate "We are under investigation for money laundry, credit card fraud, or whatever" into "The webshop's PayPal link is broken".

I know you hate transparency or telling the truth, MA.
But i beg you to put the cards on the table and save the last remaining trust some players (and I) have in you.
This concept may be unknown to you, MA, but actually Telling the truth can restore trust!

What Mastercard problem you talk about ? Share pls
For me it work just perfect .

I dont like this at all , maybe time to take money out of game :wise:

Status
Back