Entropia Universe 16.5.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New Features
Codex
  • The Codex is a repository for creature information and missions. Additional features are planned to be added to the Codex in the future, currently the Codex only features Planet Calypso and Space creatures.
  • This first version of the Codex features creature entries that are unlocked by encountering creatures while exploring the universe.
  • Codex entries can be unlocked by scanning or by participating in the kill of a creature (including healing and absorbing damage).
  • Every creature entry has an associated Hunting Challenge comprised of 26 stages, with the last stage being repeatable.
  • Hunting Challenge missions are now automatically begun once a qualifying creature is killed; there is no need to visit a mission terminal or mission NPC.
  • Hunting Challenge rewards are distributed by the Codex.
  • Hunting Challenge progress supports group hunts, and is not dependent upon an avatar being a member of a team, nor is it dependent on a creature having shared loot enabled. All participants of a qualifying creature kill will gain Hunting Challenge progress relative to contribution. (Loot distribution mechanics are unaffected by the changes to mission progress).
  • All avatars start at Stage One of the Hunting Challenge for all creatures in the Codex.

Entropia Exchange
  • It is now possible to place sell orders for shares on the Entropia Exchange, with a maximum duration of 7 days.
  • Sell orders are grouped together based on price and are executed based on order timestamp, with older orders being executed first.
  • Existing shares can be acquired by browsing active sell orders on the Entropia Exchange.
  • There is a transaction fee of 0.25% of the sale price for all sell orders, with a minimum fee of 25 PEC and a maximum fee of 25 PED. Fees for the unfulfilled portion of sell orders are refunded once the order expires.
  • An alert is sent to the Message Center when a sell order has been fulfilled.

Chat Channels
  • Avatars now automatically rejoin the previous session’s custom chat channels when logging in.
  • Avatars are removed from custom chat channels when disconnected or logged out from Entropia Universe.
  • Custom chat channels no longer have restrictions on the number of members.
  • Custom chat channel membership is retained across server restarts and client login sessions.

Changes
  • Added a new option in Options/Gameplay to “Only Interact with Locked Enemies”.
  • Improved the display of persistent buffs.
  • The Client Loader no longer steals focus when launching the Entropia Universe client.
  • Objects displayed in the Item Info panel can now be rotated using the middle mouse button.
  • Adjusted the size of the recently added News interface.
  • Loot outlines now only appear on creatures that the avatar is able to loot.
  • The View Achievements context menu item is now disabled if the target avatar has not enabled the Share Achievements privacy option.
  • Adjusted interaction text for various interfaces and buttons (i.e. Auction->Place Bid, Lamps-> Turn On/Off, Body Sculpting Unit).
  • Attempting to view or place a bid on an auction which has ended will now be indicated properly.
  • Added the ability to attach enhancers to an item by dragging and dropping them onto the item’s inventory icon.
  • Avatars are now revived instantly by H-DNA consumables, but movement is restricted for 10 seconds.
  • Added a feedback message in the chat window when inviting an avatar to a team: "Team invite sent to <Avatar Name>.".
  • Opening Strongboxes can now be performed by using the Spacebar key.
  • Avatars attempting to repair mothership modules will now automatically move within range when necessary.
  • The interaction interface for repair tools now respect the tool’s range with regard to mothership modules.
  • An alert is now displayed in the login window whenever Caps Lock is active.
  • The Market Value menu option is no longer displayed for items that cannot be traded.

Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue preventing the Client Loader from repairing corrupted files upon patching.
  • Added a button in the Folders tab in the Client Loader Tools window to start local data verification.
  • Fixed an issue causing creature names to disappear when hovering the mouse over the buff icon on the creature nameplate.
  • Implemented various client stability improvements.

Known Issues
  • The Entropia Exchange does not update sell orders while the interface is open. Relaunching the interface will update the sell order information.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex, new missions, tradable shares and chat channels fixed.

Am I dreaming?

Mammoth update. Good work guys. Hopefully we won't face too many bugs and those found will be quickly dealt with. :beerchug:

The team is on standby to fix any unforeseen issues that might occur. Please post any bugs that you might find after the release to better help us identify any problems and the cause.

That sure is nice update, but you forgot to remove Entering Lootable pvp message , when you fly from Calypso to Foma or Cp

OMG, this is a wonderful update. Thank you MA :clap:

This solution for the custom chat channels sounds very much like a workaround for something which was found unfixable. Very strange, thinking back to the VU that introduced the bug. But what can you say without knowing the actual internals. Anyhow, thank you very much for getting this out at last. Can we just take home for the future to never again leave such a thing rotting for so long? In every software project I ever was a part in, breaking a previously working feature in a live system would be raised to 'critical' immediately.

But enough with the nagging. I'll slightly miss seeing those NPCs far out in the field but really like what you've done there for the big picture. Will get the download later today and look forward to trying everything out.

Cheers!
:beerchug:

Ahh awesome update! Both the anticipated new mission system and tradeable CP deeds. I think a good thing to keep it in the share center ;) Also, cant wait to just check out the bestiary. Even though I have nothing with hunting. Heck, who knows :D

Oh Corwin here is my data:

CP payout up to now:

13-05-2019 0,058
20-05-2019 0,021
27-05-2019 0,017
03-06-2019 0,020
10-06-2019 0,010
17-06-2019 0,020
24-06-2019 0,010
01-07-2019 0,010
08-07-2019 0,010
15-07-2019 0,020
22-07-2019 0,020
29-07-2019 0,020
05-08-2019 0,030
12-08-2019 0,020
19-08-2019 0,020
26-08-2019 0,030
02-09-2019 0,030
09-09-2019 0,040
16-09-2019 0,030
23-09-2019 0,030

I'm sure someone will keep track of an excel sheet like the CLD ROI

Good luck!

Looks quite interesting. :) When it comes to rewards, will we have any reward with
attribute tokens in new system, or will it be 100% skills from now on?

This looks as a awesome update to me :wtg:
Got to logg in and se what its like :cool:

95% update error on a Win10 64bit machine. Without it telling me it is redist..... is it redist again MA? Is it?
Expletives in RL with an area of effect are forecast with 100% certainty!

Looks like we can have 130 missions in codex

Also taking decay from a mob trigger the quest

Every creature entry has an associated Hunting Challenge comprised of 26 stages, with the last stage being repeatable.
26 stages? Hmm... this is going to be interesting. That sounds like a lot more stages than the old system.

bug

95% update error on a Win10 64bit machine. Without it telling me it is redist..... is it redist again MA? Is it?

Same here. Win7 x64. "Failed to update EU: An error occured while applying the update. Please try again later" at 95% Updating

Same here. Win7 x64. "Failed to update EU: An error occured while applying the update. Please try again later" at 95% Updating

Restarting the Client Loader didn't help?

same here 95% error

same 95% error here. Well I will have to check out the space missions later lol

win 10/64bit had no problem

Edit: Until i open the crafting machine and game closed :laugh:

Win7 : I had the same 95% problem, shut down the client ... restarted it, got it again, rebooted pc and now currently seems to be working.

Error then black screen instead of login.

I got the error but then it appeared to work fine then... just a black screen where login should be. Reboot didn't help.

Honestly mindark your giving planetside skills on spacemob missions - really ?
I warned about this beforehand, can someone please stop ignoring space ?

I think MA was generous.
the old and new mission systems are working alongside eachother.
It's possible to get the reward from the old mission AND the the reward for the new mission.
So you get double rewards if you still have the old mission open.

Looks like we can have 130 missions in codex

Also taking decay from a mob trigger the quest
Can you not see the reward before you complete a hunting challenge stage????

If thats the case this a step backwards.... I choose 'missions' based on the reward they give. If i can't get a preview then I won't risk doing them.

In previous big mission VU rebalancement you guys at MA posted a list of all mission rewards in each specific stage,
Right here on forum
Can you guys do the same for the codex? Or at least for the 'rank' you're in?

Win7 : I had the same 95% problem, shut down the client ... restarted it, got it again, rebooted pc and now currently seems to be working.

Tried to reboot PC and start the client again. Didn't help

Back