Entropia Universe 16.5.0 Release Notes

Having PEC's allows us to see the micro-PEC's that were always invisible in the interface. Being able to see these values is helpful in a number places - BP values, fruits and sweat, at least. Please don't jump too-quickly to undo it - keep the micro-PEC's visible in your solution.

Peace, Miles.

Utterly weird, thinking that the client loader itself wasn't on the list of changes now. I had smooth updates before when everybody else reported problems but this time was a real ordeal. One thing it doesn't seem to like is losing focus, i.e. you doing something else while download and installation run in the background. Well, it's finally done and the client itself can download remaining planet data when needed. Here is to hoping that medium-term plans include choosing one cold and sunny day to take this client loader behind the barn and shoot it.

Did we get more variety in the avatar chatterbox or was it a bug that it always played only one soundfile before this update? Nice little detail, thanks ;)

I have a question, since the new codex missions all work the same and can be acquired by just scanning a creature. Does this mean we will have codex missions for event mobs too? (mayhems, etc...)

Also, the "Progress" button cannot be put on the screen (dashboard).

Also, why do primordial longu count for longu challenge? Are they the same creature now?

Jeez :)

Last edited:
I have a question, since the new codex missions all work the same and can be acquired by just scanning a creature. Does this mean we will have codex missions for event mobs too? (mayhems, etc...)

Also, why do primordial longu count for longu challenge? Are they the same creature now?

Are you talking about "tracked mission" if so that works fine for me.

To get progress bar onto desktop, go to codex, select the mob, then click track button at top right of panel
To claim reward for completion of a stage, go to codex and click claim button at lower right

Are you talking about "tracked mission" if so that works fine for me.

To get progress bar onto desktop, go to codex, select the mob, then click track button at top right of panel
To claim reward for completion of a stage, go to codex and click claim button at lower right

No no, I mean the "Progress" thingy that was implemented many VUs ago. That displays progress on skills, professions and current weapon.

I had the icon for it in my desktop and it disappeared with this VU, the icon is in the library but cannot be dragged out.

It's very weird.

EDIT: This thing:
progress.jpg

No no, I mean the "Progress" thingy that was implemented many VUs ago. That displays progress on skills, professions and current weapon.

I had the icon for it in my desktop and it disappeared with this VU, the icon is in the library but cannot be dragged out.

It's very weird.

progress.jpg

After VU16.5 I found my desktop icons not only rearranged, but in part also stacked one upon another. Try L and check whether your progress icon is hidden. Would also explain that you cannot drag it out from the library.

I have mine on desktop.

After VU16.5 I found my desktop icons not only rearranged, but in part also stacked one upon another. Try L and check whether your progress icon is hidden. Would also explain that you cannot drag it out from the library.

I have mine on desktop.

You know what, you are right. It was hidden under one of the other icons.... damit.

Thank you !

It is a good and pleasant update, you should had a poll in each update thread so everyone can share their feeling on the update content. :)

It's very weird.

progress.jpg

I had it on my desktop and still have it. Are you sure it's not buried under something else?

Oops, nvm, should read the whole thread to the end first.

I think the Longu getting lumped together is something that will be common in the codex. I noticed that the Thorio's are included with the Thorofoids.

Peace, Miles

I think the Longu getting lumped together is something that will be common in the codex. I noticed that the Thorio's are included with the Thorofoids.

Peace, Miles

I think it was lazyness, but for some reason they made a separate codex for daikiba and shinkiba. While the previous iron mission it was for both of them at same time... :laugh:

Also, for above poster problem.. I crashed when I claimed Rextelum rank 2 reward. No idea if I got the reward or not... Fked up.

crashed on last claimed reward on foul too.

After some investigation we can see that all who claimed the reward and crashed, got it correctly.

We are currently looking into the issue.

Thanks for the update :)

After some investigation we can see that all who claimed the reward and crashed, got it correctly.

We are currently looking into the issue.

After also having crashed a couple of times I made a note of my chosen reward skills before taking them. The next time I crashed I could then see after logging back on that I had received the reward. So if the crash is consistent, then yes, we get the reward.
What causes the crash? Dunno, but I think I also levelled up the time I checked and crashed, so there is a small chance that the level-up message we get failed in this case in combination and is the cause of the crash.
Hope that helps... :)

Love pretty much everything on this update, thank you MA and a massive gratz for fixing some quite long-standing issues as well! :yay:

Only thing I've found so far is how the PEC balance on items looks now. Why did you make PEC look like PED on low value items? This is very easy to get mixed up when you're dealing with a lot of loot items and trades, and will be particularly hazardous for n00bs. I hope you bring back the old PED/PEC display.

Cheers! :beerchug:

*** Edit ***

Wow, that was fast. Lol. :laugh:

Last edited:
When sorting the Codex by "Latest", it just seems to be a random sort. I certainly cannot make sense of it. It should sort according to the last mob that was interacted with.

When sorting the Codex by "Latest", it just seems to be a random sort. I certainly cannot make sense of it. It should sort according to the last mob that was interacted with.

Just wondering how many missions you have going at the same time that would not be able to see them all at a glance ?

Just wondering how many missions you have going at the same time that would not be able to see them all at a glance ?

Not that it matters, but if I run across a mob not already added, I scan it and add it. But don't worry, you'll get there one day.

Not that it matters, but if I run across a mob not already added, I scan it and add it. But don't worry, you'll get there one day.
Not a chance, been there and done that. I kill smaller mobs just for the fun of the game.

I have to say a huge Gratz to MA for they have now put in a icon so players can take screenshots.
Took only about 12 years of players asking for that.:yay::yay::yay:

I have to say a huge Gratz to MA for they have now put in a icon so players can take screenshots.
Took only about 12 years of players asking for that.:yay::yay::yay:

That has been there for a while, but we always had Tracker and it does the globals, etc. by itself. :)

looks like theres no primordial longu on my codex - hope im not too obviously missing something - and a quick look doesnt link any primordial longu issues - so is anyone else missing the Primordial Longu mob from the codex?

looks like theres no primordial longu on my codex - hope im not too obviously missing something - and a quick look doesnt link any primordial longu issues - so is anyone else missing the Primordial Longu mob from the codex?

It's just "Longu", all of them are the same species apparently. If you noticed in the codex for "Longu" you have right and left arrows to check which mobs are included in the challenge.

If I remember correctly the ones included in Longu are: Longu, Primordial Longu and Bloodclaw (boss).

Gl

Back