Info: Codex Mission Details for Calypso Creatures

Next... I heard four Monria mobs got codex missions, too. (or five? more likely four but better ask on #monria)

Hadn't considered that, can anyone confirm?

And then there are punies. Do they count towards their "adult" mobs now? what about mobs like Freshwater Calypsocod, Highland Longtooth and Swampland Allophyl (if those still exist, of course)?

Bery/Tripudion/Cauda punies count towards the main mob mission, as do Prototype Drones, so I guess it's the same for all puny type mobs.

So could it be Mayhem mobs among those last, or even some new mobs that hasn't
been released yet?

Last repeatable mission on ambul is 7.81-25ped

Calamusoids in gauntlet are a mission mob. Male, female and queen visor all one mission.

Last repeatable mission on ambul is 7.81-25ped

Which is the same as reported for Sabakuma.

So perhaps all the Stage 26 rewards are the same, and the amount of kills/turnover required varies. That would certainly be more sensible than having them all take 2000 times as long as the first stage (though again, disappointingly generic).

2k seems High, didnt do the proper calc, but “each kill gives, 0,1 but not all kills give something” meaning that we are likely at 12k ish, will do a better calculation

They don't have a separate mission. I hadn't considered the possibility that they might count towards Molisk.

Have not unlocked Molisk challenge yet. Neither straight killing nor taming did anything for Kanins, Chirins, and Devils.

And then there are punies. Do they count towards their "adult" mobs now? what about mobs like Freshwater Calypsocod, Highland Longtooth and Swampland Allophyl (if those still exist, of course)?

I think I have only hunted Swampland Allophyls since VU16.5, however, have Allophyl challenge unlocked.

Ofc, anything might change with the upcoming patch scheduled for today.

Can confirm, soc mate told me shinkiba rank 26, = 0.05% per kill so 2000 kills of stalkers to complete.

It's a multiplier, not #kills. So if Rank 1 cost you 10 ped to cycle, Rank 26 would cost 20000 ped. Now we know that it isn't valid, because Hally reported that ambuli Rank 26 has the same reward as sabakuma. I tentatively conclude that all mobs have the same Rank 26 reward in ped value until further notice.

Or maybe you meant that it takes only 1 kill exactly @rank 1?

Last edited:
I've been collecting as many Stage 1 missions as I can, and have 110/130 so far.

It'd be tempting to ask you to put the Rank 1 reward on each mob so we can compute rewards for all ranks, but I suspect that it's quite simple to calculate instead - a multiplier of the lowest maturity's HP.

E.g. Molisk. lowest HP = 160 HP. Rank 1 = 10 pec
Sabakuma. lowest HP (not hatchling) = 20 hp. Rank 1 = 1.25 pec
Kerberos. lowest HP = 110 HP. Rank 1 = 6.87 pec

For all three mobs:

HP_lowest maturity /16 = Rank 1 reward in pec.

I haven't checked for other mobs, so the formula might be wrong, but so far so good..

It's a multiplier, not #kills. So if Rank 1 cost you 10 ped to cycle, Rank 26 would cost 20000 ped. Now we know that it isn't valid, because Hally reported that ambuli Rank 26 has the same reward as sabakuma. I tentatively conclude that all mobs have the same Rank 26 reward in ped value until further notice.

Or maybe you meant that it takes only 1 kill exactly @rank 1?

I pray that they not went full lazyness and made all repeatables 25 ped reward.... That would suck!

I pray that they not went full lazyness and made all repeatables 25 ped reward.... That would suck!

Aye! I was at least hoping for some cool L items, candy, pills or the likes from some repeatable missions. That'd make it more fun to grind through the ranks.

Can confirm, soc mate told me shinkiba rank 26, = 0.05% per kill so 2000 kills of stalkers to complete.

That is not confirming the matter unfortunately (or fortunately). The rank 26: 2000 figure for saba was compared to 1 for rank 1 and 100 for rank 25.
As the levels (and rewards) are based on cost it is easy to see the normal levels are different for different mobs.

My worry was the repeatable rank 26, as it is 20x the volume of rank 25 for saba.

There is now the alternative being put forward that all repeatables require the same ped spend, and reward with 25 ped (of those basic skills on offer). That changes the relative length compared to ranks 1-25 of different mobs, but all turnovers of peds would be the same at potentially 5000 peds.

In that case my worry is NOT confirmed, that bigger mobs will take hellishly long for the repeatables. Thus, once you have got a mob to repeat, as it were, the costs of all repeatables will be the same. Boring, yes, but not what I feared if true, at least. Confirmations?

The latest vu info:
The Pyrokinesis skill has been added to Codex skill rewards.
Adjusted the skill reward choices for selected creatures for various stages of Codex ranks.

I guess MA was quick enough that we didn't already have a list of the 'special' mobs with different rewards yet?
Anyway, thanks for the new variety MA...

The latest vu info:
The Pyrokinesis skill has been added to Codex skill rewards.
Adjusted the skill reward choices for selected creatures for various stages of Codex ranks.

I guess MA was quick enough that we didn't already have a list of the 'special' mobs with different rewards yet?
Anyway, thanks for the new variety MA...

Seems pyro is added to skills set #2 on some mobs

It'd be tempting to ask you to put the Rank 1 reward on each mob so we can compute rewards for all ranks, but I suspect that it's quite simple to calculate instead - a multiplier of the lowest maturity's HP.

E.g. Molisk. lowest HP = 160 HP. Rank 1 = 10 pec
Sabakuma. lowest HP (not hatchling) = 20 hp. Rank 1 = 1.25 pec
Kerberos. lowest HP = 110 HP. Rank 1 = 6.87 pec

For all three mobs:

HP_lowest maturity /16 = Rank 1 reward in pec.

I haven't checked for other mobs, so the formula might be wrong, but so far so good..

I have all those numbers and will post them once I've organised my data into a sensible format. I think you're probably right with the formula, though on some mobs it might be questionable what the lowest maturity is.

I'd say the priority now is to get more detail of what has changed in today's patch.

I have all those numbers and will post them once I've organised my data into a sensible format. I think you're probably right with the formula, though on some mobs it might be questionable what the lowest maturity is.

I'd say the priority now is to get more detail of what has changed in today's patch.

I know skill set 4 disappeared from rank 10 Levi - it’s only set 3 now (was 3+4)

Mission reward value are some % of cost needed to complete the stage

I have done some small test and came up with skill set #1 value of reward is 0.75% of cost (i just shooted, no armor, no healing involved in my test) needed to finish the stage.
You can test it with small mobs for example reward for gibnib rank 1 is 0.0062 ped of skill set #1 so if i am correct cost will be 0.0062/0.75*100 = 0.83 ped (0.8266666666666667) you can use a weapon that costs 0.04 ped per will need you to shoot 21 shots or if you use a weapon that cost 0.85 ped per shot will finish the mission in one shot. maturity doesn't matter its only the cost that matters.

Yep, X decay to complete a challenge. Varies by mob and increases per rank.

Stage 2 of Sonic Squid:

82.50 pec of Stage 2 skill categories you list on original post

I have done some small test and came up with skill set #1 value of reward is 0.75% of cost (i just shooted, no armor, no healing involved in my test) needed to finish the stage.
My testing is clear for me at 0.5% reward (1 pec reward for 2 peds spent). A reward of 1.25 pecs costs 2.5 peds, the next level is 2.5 pecs of #1 and costs 5 peds (saba). This can be seen at the higher #1 stages too.

My testing is clear for me at 0.5% reward (1 pec reward for 2 peds spent). A reward of 1.25 pecs costs 2.5 peds, the next level is 2.5 pecs of #1 and costs 5 peds (saba). This can be seen at the higher #1 stages too.

0.5% makes more sense as reward of 25ped on repeatable means 5k ped cost which seems to be OK (nice and round) for most mobs.

0.5% makes more sense as reward of 25ped on repeatable means 5k ped cost which seems to be OK (nice and round) for most mobs.

Great!

So know we know that Rank 1 reward in PEC (without needing to find the mob and let it cause decay) is HP_lowest_maturity/16.

We know the normalised multipliers for every rank (see my post page 9).

We know that the amount to cycle is 200x (0.5 %) of reward value.

So: Rank 1 reward value (pec) x 200 x normalised multiplier of rank you want to compute cycling amount (see page 8) = amount you need to cycle (in PEC) to get the reward at that rank.

Example - Molisk again:

Rank 1 reward is 10 PEC (160/16). I want to find what I need to cycle to get Rank 16 reward. Normalised Multiplier for rank 16 is 36.

10 pec x 200 x 36 = 72000 pec, or 720 ped. (reward is 3.6 ped)

Last edited:
Great!

So know we know that Rank 1 reward in PEC (without needing to find the mob and let it cause decay) is HP_lowest_maturity/16.

We know the multipliers for every rank.

We know that the amount to cycle is 200x (0.5 %) of reward value.

So: Rank 1 reward value (pec) x 200 x multiplier of rank you want to compute cycling amount (see page 8) = amount you need to cycle (in PEC) to get the reward at that rank.

Example - Molisk again:

Rank 1 reward is 10 PEC (160/16). I want to find what I need to cycle to get Rank 16 reward. Multiplier for rank 16 is 36.

10 pec x 200 x 36 = 72000 pec, or 720 ped. (reward is 3.6 ped)

nice someone with knowledge of google docs can create a calculator where user can put reward for stage one it will list reward for all stages and also cycle needed. I can make one but that will be ugly as i am noob lol

nice someone with knowledge of google docs can create a calculator where user can put reward for stage one it will list reward for all stages and also cycle needed. I can make one but that will be ugly as i am noob lol

Yeah, maybe jdegre can add it to his skill optimizer/chipping page (if he is still active).

One small correction: It is the Normalised multiplier found on page 9 on this thread one needs to use (at least for Stage 2-4 rewards. )

Sadly, set 4 is removed from rank 10 on rextelums also...

Back