Info: Codex Mission Details for Calypso Creatures

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
This thread is for collecting and presenting information on Codex mission rewards and structure.

The Codex is much more generic than the old mission system, which makes it is easy to predict the structure for each mob. Each Codex entry corresponds to a particular mob, or in some cases a group of different mobs that belong together. For example the Thorifoid entry combines all Thorifoid and Thorio mobs, including bosses, and the Halloween Creatures entry combines all mobs encountered in Halloween Mayhem instances.

For each entry there are 25 ranks, plus a repeatable rank 26. Progress through each rank is determined by the PED spent while killing mobs, so to complete a rank you need to cycle a set amount killing the appropriate mobs. The amount varies depending on the minimum HP of each mob, and the value of the skill rewards varies correspondingly. When we know the reward for rank 1, we can calculate the cycle required, and the value of reward, for every rank.

The repeatable rank 26 works differently to ranks 1-25. The reward is exactly the same for each Codex entry, and for each repetition. On completion you have a choice of all skills from Skill sets 1-3 (see 2nd post). A cycle of 5k PEDs is required to complete the first repetition. The required cycle increases with each repetition, but the amount of skill rewarded does not. Therefore you can gain skill rewards indefinitely by completing multiple repetitions, but with "diminishing returns", i.e. the amount of reward per PED cycled will decrease.

The only exception to this generic structure is that on certain mobs there is an additional selection of skill rewards available (Skill set 4) on ranks 5, 15 and 25. Work is ongoing to identify which mobs have set 4 rewards.

You can contribute to this thread in the following ways:

- Please let us know if you discover any variation or exception to the above.
- As you progress through the ranks you can post details any skill rewards that have not yet been confirmed (see Oleg's spreadsheet in post 2).
- It is especially useful if you can confirm details of rank 5, 15 and 25 rewards so that we can identify those which do or do not have set 4 rewards.

Data and calculation tools are in post 2.

(EDIT: 19 July 2020 - When I originally posted this thread, my intention was to collect data to post in the Creatures subforum, to replace the existing data about the old iron challenges. As we discovered more about how the Codex worked, it became clear that the rewards were quite generic, and therefore it was better to keep all the data collected in a single thread, rather than posting generic and repeated information on numerous Creatures threads. Some of the discussion in this thread, especially in the early posts, reflects this original intention.)

Last edited:
Skill selections
These seems to be the "standard" ones - please report if you find any variations

Skill set 1 (Ranks 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 12, 16, 17, 21, 22 and 26)

Aim, Anatomy, Athletics, BLP Weaponry Technology, Combat Reflexes, Dexterity, Handgun, Heavy Melee Weapons, Laser Weaponry Technology, Light Melee Weapons, Longblades, Power Fist, Rifle, Shortblades, Weapons Handling

Skill set 2 (Ranks 3, 4, 8, 9, 13, 14, 18, 19, 23, 24 and 26)
Clubs, Courage, Cryogenics, Diagnosis, Electrokinesis, Inflict Melee Damage, Inflict Ranged Damage, Melee Combat, Perception, Plasma Weaponry Technology, Pyrokinesis

Skill set 3 (Ranks 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 26)
Alertness, Bioregenesis, Bravado, Concentration, Dodge, Evade, First Aid, Telepathy, Translocation, Vehicle Repairing

Skill set 4 (Additional skills available on ranks 5, 15, 25 on some mobs)
Analysis, Animal Lore, Biology, Botany, Computer, Explosive Weaponry Technology, Heavy Weapons, Support Weapon Systems, Zoology

-

Data & tools

Google sheet with collated confirmed data by Oleg: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18qzG_7AaCoq9Yudo3YVbmT2fkOVjiBPn8TXvpQ5CZGE/edit?usp=sharing

All-ranks calculator created by LavaSparks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128XGIG5eMPnTl0tF5R1fl6vYqQ6q_SeH5c1uAakHAlI/edit?usp=sharing

Summary of calculated costs and rewards by Suza: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RCeyDCIy7urArSGUUq9u6pF9q-6gBmBgeqpipviDLuQ/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Allo info:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...elease-Notes&p=3727798&viewfull=1#post3727798

picsart_09-24-09.26.31.jpg

Great thread!

:yay:

I will post my Eviscerator data here as soon as I reach new ranks. (I did not screenshot the first two ranks.)

Screen prints of First few ranks of foul are over at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-s-Endeavors&p=3728104&viewfull=1#post3728104

Wow! Each Puny type now has their own mission and the bercycled puny count towards the bery mission.

Seems like some ranks have lower tt value than the rank before them. Suspect that was done on purpose, but with Mindark being at the helm, it was probably some mistake, which is why at least once there was some glitch causing crash to desktop when you claimed reward...

The screen print I had for rank 1 looks identical to rank 2 so not sure if I actually didn't take the screen print or if it really was same reward. I seem to remember it being 3.something pec but cannot verify.

Foul:
Rank 2: 6.25 pec
Rank 3: 11.71 pec
Rank 4: 15.62 pec
Rank 5: 11.71 pec
Rank 6: 50 pec
Rank 7: 62.5 pec
Rank 8: 46.87 pec
Rank 9: 54.58 pec
Rank 10: 32.25 pec

Last edited:
Reserved for collating stuff...

Skill selections (please report if you find anything different to those listed here)

1. Aim, Anatomy, Athletics, BLP Weaponry Technology, Combat Reflexes, Dexterity, Handgun, Heavy Melee Weapons, Laser Weaponry Technology, Light Melee Weapons, Longblades, Power Fist, Rifle, Shortblades, Weapons Handling

2. Aim, Anatomy, Athletics, BLP Weaponry Technology, Combat Reflexes, Dexterity, Handgun, Heavy Melee Weapons, Laser Weaponry Technology, Light Melee Weapons, Longblades, Power Fist, Rifle, Shortblades, Weapons Handling

3. Clubs, Courage, Cryogenics, Diagnosis, Electrokinesis, Inflict Melee Damage, Inflict Ranged Damage, Melee Combat, Perception, Plasma Weaponry Technology

4. Clubs, Courage, Cryogenics, Diagnosis, Electrokinesis, Inflict Melee Damage, Inflict Ranged Damage, Melee Combat, Perception, Plasma Weaponry Technology

5. Alertness, Bioregenesis, Bravado, Concentration, Dodge, Evade, First Aid, Telepathy, Translocation, Vehicle Repairing

6. Aim, Anatomy, Athletics, BLP Weaponry Technology, Combat Reflexes, Dexterity, Handgun, Heavy Melee Weapons, Laser Weaponry Technology, Light Melee Weapons, Longblades, Power Fist, Rifle, Shortblades, Weapons Handling

Basically, there's the A-list, B-list and C-list (almost like before, with ratio 3.1: 1.55 :1 -i.e. you could choose between say 3.1 ped rifle skill or 1 ped dodge skill).

After playing around with multiple different creatures, the challenges are based on decay spent to kill. I used different leveled Armatrix LBs to find this out on the same creature for sabakumas last night. This patch is beautiful~

*Edited from returns, to spent to kill*

preferably in text not in screenshots

Please...

For one thing it's unclear on screenshots whether the info on the screen refers to the current stage or to the previous completed one. Please specify which stage goes with which reward.

I can already see the stage reward categories are different per mob

Rank 5 on Armax is same rewards as in your OP
26.95 PEC of any of them

I can already see the stage reward categories are different per mob

well they are , those are not standard some creatures got different i heard but not sure what stages

well they are , those are not standard some creatures got different i heard but not sure what stages

I'll have to post some screen shots of my Levi chain...

Rewards for Rank 5 in Levi I know include skills like computer and zoology - I don't think those have ever been rewards from missions ever.

Rewards for Rank 5 in Levi I know include skills like computer and zoology - I don't think those have ever been rewards from missions ever.

Several Caly exploration missions have Computer rewards, up to 1 PED even.
Zoology - I'm not aware of any, but then until looter professions Zoology was of minuscule importance.

Two skills that have been notoriously absent from mission rewards are Pyrokinesis and Whip. You could get Clubs/Power Fist/Electrokinesis/Cryogenics but not those two.

edit: also you could get Plasma but not Gauss.

Several Caly exploration missions have Computer rewards, up to 1 PED even.
Zoology - I'm not aware of any, but then until looter professions Zoology was of minuscule importance.

Two skills that have been notoriously absent from mission rewards are Pyrokinesis and Whip. You could get Clubs/Power Fist/Electrokinesis/Cryogenics but not those two.

edit: also you could get Plasma but not Gauss.

Sorry, what I meant was Iron Missions.

Berycled rank 12

Berycled rank 12
--------------------------------
skill selection #1

value: 87,50 PEC

Last edited:
I'll have to post some screen shots of my Levi chain...

I also got this option for Harbingers aswell. (I thought maybe it was robot related rewards, but if on levi then I guess not)

there was 2 sets of skills. basic skills with higher tt value rewards, or option for the not usual rewards including biology, etc etc with a lower tt value choice.

The rewards as shown seem to tally with what I have seen, Overall am liking the new system, and think it will help players feel they are progressing as opposed to seeing impossibly large grinds ahead. However am saddened that the new space mob missions have exactly same rewards as planet mobs, so no real reason for people to feel the need to go there.

I also got this option for Harbingers aswell. (I thought maybe it was robot related rewards, but if on levi then I guess not)

there was 2 sets of skills. basic skills with higher tt value rewards, or option for the not usual rewards including biology, etc etc with a lower tt value choice.

Same for Droka (5) and Trooper (5/10) for me. Havent seen it on any animals/mutants so far myself.

Mmmhh…

Drone Rank 6 = 1.5ped of category 1 reward
Drone Rank 7 = 1.87 ped of category 1 reward (at least that is what is shown..)

That is not much of a difference here.

Berycled rank 13

Berycled rank 13
--------------------------------
skill selection #3

value: 65,62 PEC

Last edited:
Equus

Equus rank 1
-----------------------

Skill selection #1

Value= 17,50 PEC

===================
Equus rank 2
-----------------------

Skill selection #1

Value= 35,00 PEC

Last edited:
Allophyl rank 7
-----------------------
Skill set #1

Value= 3.12 PED

===================
Allophyl rank 8
-----------------------
Skill set #2 or ?

Value= 2.34 PED

===================
Allophyl rank 9
-----------------------
Skill set #2 or pyro

Value= 2.73 PED

===================

Edit: I am currently on rank 9 seems they added pyro to skill list of 9 so don't have the data for previous rank but i think its added to skill set #2 for some mobs.

Last edited:
Armax rank 7
-----------------------
Skill selection #1

Value= 1.15 PED

===================
Armax rank 8
-----------------------
Skill selection #2

Value= 1.43 PED

Armax rank 7
-----------------------

Armax rank 8
-----------------------
Skill selection #2

Value= 1.43 PED

#1 and #2 are same you prolly mean #3 ?

Thanks folks, keep them coming and I'll update post 2 when I can.

I'll change the labels for the seemingly "standard" skill sets to A1, A2 etc for now. If you can post the full details of any variations on that, please do, and I'll add them as separate options once we get an idea of how and where they're showing up.

So far it looks feasible that it might repeat in cycles of 5, but that stage 5, 10 etc might have variations for different mobs. And perhaps something different again for the final stage 26.

#1 and #2 are same you prolly mean #3 ?
ahh, no then it's #1 on both just different value as listed

Was happy i could get some more Longblades on both ranks, so I'm sure it was the same on 7 and 8

So far it looks feasible that it might repeat in cycles of 5, but that stage 5, 10 etc might have variations for different mobs. And perhaps something different again for the final stage 26.

Who's gonna get stage 26 first?!? :O
Probably someone grinding out a low HP mob is my guess.

2fe9c1bf32af0f1687324e38a59d78d8.png

The additional skill selection for what seems to be all rank n*5 robot challenges.

Feffox 5 also has the additional skills - choice of 1.64 PED of A5 (Alertness etc) or 1.05 of the Analysis, Animal Lore etc set. I've added that set to post 2 and called it B5.

Perhaps it's simply that some (larger?) mobs have the choice of those additional skills on stages that are multiples of 5.

Back