PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Avalon Butterfly Erupter
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries

Are Moon Deeds a GOOD investment?

I know... it's hard to say anything in Entropia is a good investment..
    but from the caly-fanboy standpoint... if a CLD is a "fair" investment in terms of longevity and returns...

yes of course hard to say anything about moon deeds as they are not even tradeable yet......

small planet... gotta fly to it....
    any thoughts relevant to the topic welcome... no right or wrong answer

Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can only say the Ark Dev team are putting a great deal of work into the Moon. These deeds will generate more and more ROI.
    I haven't been blown away with the CP share returns so far.
    Last edited by Few Scars; 09-27-2019 at 08:10.
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Ark moon deeds are the worst investment

Best investment so far are the CP deeds if you bought them at 10 ped/share

Imo all deeds are a to long investment before you get your peds back, but seems an options for those who still want to invest but there are other ways to make more peds faster.
    Ores - Enmatters
    Miner's Dream - TICity - Platinum - C5
    The higher the year % - The bigger discount

DEPTH ENHANCERS Level 1 - 9

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, CP shares just became tradeable and it looks like lowest offering at the moment is 17 or so peds a share (for something that originally sold for 10 peds each)... and this is day one... Ark Moon deeds will likely do similar, just like every other blasted deed in this game. It may not be a great investement as far as returns go, but considering you might be able to sell them for more than you purchased them for, it's a potentially good investment.

Also, it depends on what you mean good investment... I did quite a few compet deeds before it went bust. Although it was lost peds, it was a good investment since I was paying in to the dream... just sad that the dream never became a reality (could be very bitter at all the damn lied about promises that there were involved in this scam but no need to dwell on the negative at the moment...)... if you like Arkadia dev team consider it paying in to the development phase. You may not get rich on it, but if you are ok with being a dreamer like many of us, that may just be ok.

I personally think the new pet is just a Mindark ploy to finally get the deeds out of the webshop many months after they thought they'd be sold out already... and it is, but if you want a pet like that why not.

Personally, as someone that did have the Oratan Axe a while ago before I sold it, with it's 45 m range for auto loot, I can say the auto loot pets could be handy, but only in certain situations...

If you are a melee user or pistol user they aren't that great. If you tank huge mobs way over your level with super long range weapons or high damage multi mob weapons like explosives it would be awesome.

Still aren't as useful as they used to be as in the old days before the new camera system came in, but could be useful in some ways. (Back then you could quick key several keys in such a way that it was literally a one key affair to get next mob with auto loot on... you could do target next with auto tool on and go crazy. Simply press select next and it would automatically do everything for you. New improvements in the camera system may have made that possible again in recent months, but it's still a bit fiddly... Now you have a bit more work between mobs to get the job done even with auto loot on, especially if your avatar isn't staring right at the mob in question... but it's a tradeoff, in some ways new system that won't let you waste a lot of ammo between mobs if you don't hit select next fast enough may be good in some folks eyes)
    Last edited by 711; 09-26-2019 at 13:54. Reason: Excessive font size

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, it depends on what you mean good investment... I did quite a few compet deeds before it went bust. Although it was lost peds, it was a good investment since I was paying in to the dream... just sad that the dream never became a reality...
    I don't know what you are smoking, compet deeds was never a good investment. You only had to look at the app to know it was never going to make it, MA were too late to the game with little to no advertising. There were plenty that mentioned it along with other reasons based on MA track record. People were too blinded to the fact that CLD and AUD did well after release so they threw their money at those deeds thinking they were going to double their investment easy.

At this stage in the game with Ark Moon Deeds, you have to weigh up the fact that the moon was released too early, the deeds are still for sale and now MA are using other tactics to try and sell the remaining deeds. I'm sure the Ark dev team are doing their best to continually improve the moon and provide content, however as someone else pointed out on another thread somewhere. Why go pay tax at a moon where you can do the same thing with no tax. There is just not enough incentive at the moment.

Hopes and dreams is nice to have but if you want to invest in something, you need to really consider all aspects and not just pay and pray, otherwise it's just gambling.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Calypso Land Deeds at 2k PED each give ~9% ROI (source)

Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~7% ROI (source)

Arkadia Underground Deeds at 75 PED each give ~4% ROI (source)

Arkadia Moon Deeds at 50 PED each give ~2% ROI (source)

Compet Deeds at whatever price they are give 0% ROI

I would say Arkadia Moon Deeds are a terrible investment, unless you want to bet on their price rise (which I doubt will ever happen).

Cheers

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.
    Last edited by Angel O2 Mercer; 09-26-2019 at 13:36. Reason: Fix cp share roi at current price

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wand AxeMurderer Silva
    Society
    Massive Dynamic
    Images
    What if they give you the robot pet?
    Is that making AMD better investment?

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~9-10% ROI (source)

Calypso Land Deeds at 2k PED each give ~9% ROI (source)

Arkadia Underground Deeds at 75 PED each give ~4% ROI (source)

Arkadia Moon Deeds at 50 PED each give ~2% ROI (source)

Compet Deeds at whatever price they are give 0% ROI

I would say Arkadia Moon Deeds are a terrible investment, unless you want to bet on their price rise (which I doubt will ever happen).

Cheers

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.
    Very interesting. Nice comparisation. Thank you very much + rep
    Ores - Enmatters
    Miner's Dream - TICity - Platinum - C5
    The higher the year % - The bigger discount

DEPTH ENHANCERS Level 1 - 9

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    The moon deed returns are utter crap.
    The pet you get now is a nice bonus...if you like pets.
    Loot pills are much cheaper.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    With the additional content that is planned for the moon I think they will be a great investment. The devs are passionate and have already created some interesting missions. I really like the moon, I usually always make money there! I made 500ped in an hour last night on sicarius, all the mobs were dropping masses of loot for their level. I don’t know if this is related to the loot rebalance but I’ll be certainly checking it out again!

Bear in mind also the AUD comparison depends on where the mechs are! They had them on the moon for a while, now back UG. I think they do need to change that, and how the are spawned.

That’s the risk that you take though, buying them cheap now with trust that when the new stuff comes, the roi will increase. Or don’t, and pay twice as much for them when they are tradable.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1200+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast