PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aVaLON_52 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    any thoughts relevant to the topic welcome... no right or wrong answer
    My opinion is a clear no, but there are plainly people around who disagree, as each time a sophie shows up on the rare finds, it means someone has just bought a load of deeds from the shop. Whether it is mainly because of the cute pet itself, spawnable on all planets from the start apparently, who knows?

The CP shares were for an established part of the game with sizeable revenue. Turnover was still reasonable even with events going on in the summer and has increased from that as we enter autumn. The new market price as of the vu is as it is because the payouts (seem to) justify it, whereas moon deed payouts do not currently justify purchasing of them.

Caly deeds are in a slump at under 3 peds per week, but may revive suddenly if people were holding their peds back to restart burning them when both mission types were active, old and new, which they now are. The market price is at a historical high, but I don't know why...

AUDs depend partly on underground event mobs being available or not, but still have payouts which could be considered reasonable-ish if your motivation is to support Ark.

Thus, both on their own and in comparision, I do not think moon deeds are currently a good deal in their own right, especially as they are being bought with deposits of real-world money - and not peds already in-game.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    -Saphire of Dark-
    Society
    Dark Knights Squires
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~9-10% ROI (source)

Calypso Land Deeds at 2k PED each give ~9% ROI (source)

Arkadia Underground Deeds at 75 PED each give ~4% ROI (source)

Arkadia Moon Deeds at 50 PED each give ~2% ROI (source)

Compet Deeds at whatever price they are give 0% ROI

I would say Arkadia Moon Deeds are a terrible investment, unless you want to bet on their price rise (which I doubt will ever happen).

Cheers

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.
    And how do you get the price for 1 Moon deed (prices will rise for sure) and Roi for it since were not sold all?

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by unufain8 View Post
    And how do you get the price for 1 Moon deed (prices will rise for sure) and Roi for it since were not sold all?
    You are right, I should have used 60 PED each instead of 50 PED. That makes them even worse... lol

Their price rising is pure speculation I don't know why you are so "sure". Given how much they pay compared to CP or CLD I can't see why they would increase in price.

I'm being as objective as I can, hence the numbers and the sources I posted.

Guardian
    Justine Justine Titine
    Society
    Cyreans Elite
    Images
    From my view, it do not worth to buy the package.

AMD ROI is bad and will increase probably in future (Pure speculation).
    AMD Markup will maybe rise a day (Pure speculation).
    MA will keep hand on the Moon Development. Ark devs planned many improvments but they still wait MA approvment for release them. Ark Devs can't do what they want and we know MA do not treat well Planet Partners.

Yes the PET look super cool, i really love it but if you look well, this pet is expensive to level up, this pet is expensive to use versus a loot pill and pretty no markup in future.
    There is 54k+ AMD for sell (Arkadia Official info). That mean over 1k Sophie PET if all deeds are sold with the package.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Alaina Bonnie Knight
    Society
    Titans of Space
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justine View Post
    There is 54k+ AMD for sell (Arkadia Official info). That mean over 1k Sophie PET if all deeds are sold with the package.
    The 54k left was 9 months ago, jan 2019.
    /join #space_travel 4000+member original space channel-used by the major transport providers
    Quote Originally Posted by krazykat View Post
    yes, yes, yes so y'all are the hottest skill'in team in the universe....
    EU Discord 1200+ members https://discord.gg/wjBh75B

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    -Saphire of Dark-
    Society
    Dark Knights Squires
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    The 54k left was 9 months ago, jan 2019.
    True. Saw some official statement that 1 month ago were like 32-33k left. They will sell fast now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alainax View Post
    With the additional content that is planned for the moon I think they will be a great investment. The devs are passionate and have already created some interesting missions. I really like the moon, I usually always make money there! I made 500ped in an hour last night on sicarius, all the mobs were dropping masses of loot for their level. I donít know if this is related to the loot rebalance but Iíll be certainly checking it out again!

Bear in mind also the AUD comparison depends on where the mechs are! They had them on the moon for a while, now back UG. I think they do need to change that, and how the are spawned.

Thatís the risk that you take though, buying them cheap now with trust that when the new stuff comes, the roi will increase. Or donít, and pay twice as much for them when they are tradable.

This is absolutely spot on!!

As some people seem to have a short memory let me remind you of something. AUDs were seen as a not so great investment, during some time their price stood at around 50-55 ped each. Then they were made tradable and Ark Dev Team introduced the upgrades to the Viceroy armor that were possible with the nanites and a lot of players were gunning for that in the UG. AUDs started performing better then the CLDs and their priced peaked to 85-90 ped each, maybe a bit more if you are were lucky (I sold mine for 95 each). Then came MA and nerfed Focus Blow and made changes to the loot system, this cooled the interrest of players in the Viceroy upgrades.

Ark Dev team has made Arkadia a well established planet with the second best economy in game. Their strategy with the AUDs was spot on and working well until MA decided to change the rules of the game. Im pretty sure Ark Dev team has something special in mind for the Ark Moon and will deliver, as they have with the AUDs.

Then its up to you how you manage your deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by skubahta View Post
    As some people seem to have a short memory let me remind you of something. AUDs were seen as a not so great investment, during some time their price stood at around 50-55 ped each. Then they were made tradable and Ark Dev Team introduced the upgrades to the Viceroy armor that were possible with the nanites and a lot of players were gunning for that in the UG. AUDs started performing better then the CLDs and their priced peaked to 85-90 ped each, maybe a bit more if you are were lucky (I sold mine for 95 each). Then came MA and nerfed Focus Blow and made changes to the loot system, this cooled the interrest of players in the Viceroy upgrades.

Ark Dev team has made Arkadia a well established planet with the second best economy in game. Their strategy with the AUDs was spot on and working well until MA decided to change the rules of the game. Im pretty sure Ark Dev team has something special in mind for the Ark Moon and will deliver, as they have with the AUDs.

Then its up to you how you manage your deeds.
    Good post because you describe the history of a comparable product. However, I'm not convinced of the longevity of performance for the moon compared to the Underground. It also seems to me to be lessening both - splitting the pot (as with the mechs sometimes being in one, sometimes the other). Personally, I dislike the buy-in to become a smuggler, but then again I don't know much of how either the Underground or CP is currently about levelling/missioning your way to accessing special areas, which would be similar to the smuggler buy-in I guess.

If more info becomes available I may change my balance of opinion. For the last 6 months at least, buying CP shares back in the spring was the far better investment, but maybe some players will cash in and switch to buying moon deeds in the hope of more of the same pattern. If moon deeds manage to sell out via the webshop now, then ok, financing achieved, and they will be available for peds as well soon from other players.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~9-10% ROI (source)

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.
    Mind explaining how 11.81% @ 10 peds translates to ~9-10% ROI???

My calculation shows 6.947% @ 17 peds/share. Thats way off i would say.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Mind explaining how 11.81% @ 10 peds translates to ~9-10% ROI???

My calculation shows 6.947% @ 17 peds/share. Thats way off i would say.
    You are absolutely right, let me fix it.

I did warn about my quick and dirty math...lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast