Question: Are Moon Deeds a GOOD investment?

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
I know... it's hard to say anything in Entropia is a good investment..
but from the caly-fanboy standpoint... if a CLD is a "fair" investment in terms of longevity and returns...

yes of course hard to say anything about moon deeds as they are not even tradeable yet......

small planet... gotta fly to it....
any thoughts relevant to the topic welcome... no right or wrong answer :laugh:

I can only say the Ark Dev team are putting a great deal of work into the Moon. These deeds will generate more and more ROI.
I haven't been blown away with the CP share returns so far.

Last edited:
Ark moon deeds are the worst investment

Best investment so far are the CP deeds if you bought them at 10 ped/share

Imo all deeds are a to long investment before you get your peds back, but seems an options for those who still want to invest but there are other ways to make more peds faster.

Well, CP shares just became tradeable and it looks like lowest offering at the moment is 17 or so peds a share (for something that originally sold for 10 peds each)... and this is day one... Ark Moon deeds will likely do similar, just like every other blasted deed in this game. It may not be a great investement as far as returns go, but considering you might be able to sell them for more than you purchased them for, it's a potentially good investment.

Also, it depends on what you mean good investment... I did quite a few compet deeds before it went bust. Although it was lost peds, it was a good investment since I was paying in to the dream... just sad that the dream never became a reality (could be very bitter at all the damn lied about promises that there were involved in this scam but no need to dwell on the negative at the moment...)... if you like Arkadia dev team consider it paying in to the development phase. You may not get rich on it, but if you are ok with being a dreamer like many of us, that may just be ok.

I personally think the new pet is just a Mindark ploy to finally get the deeds out of the webshop many months after they thought they'd be sold out already... and it is, but if you want a pet like that why not.

Personally, as someone that did have the Oratan Axe a while ago before I sold it, with it's 45 m range for auto loot, I can say the auto loot pets could be handy, but only in certain situations...

If you are a melee user or pistol user they aren't that great. If you tank huge mobs way over your level with super long range weapons or high damage multi mob weapons like explosives it would be awesome.

Still aren't as useful as they used to be as in the old days before the new camera system came in, but could be useful in some ways. (Back then you could quick key several keys in such a way that it was literally a one key affair to get next mob with auto loot on... you could do target next with auto tool on and go crazy. Simply press select next and it would automatically do everything for you. New improvements in the camera system may have made that possible again in recent months, but it's still a bit fiddly... Now you have a bit more work between mobs to get the job done even with auto loot on, especially if your avatar isn't staring right at the mob in question... but it's a tradeoff, in some ways new system that won't let you waste a lot of ammo between mobs if you don't hit select next fast enough may be good in some folks eyes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, it depends on what you mean good investment... I did quite a few compet deeds before it went bust. Although it was lost peds, it was a good investment since I was paying in to the dream... just sad that the dream never became a reality...

I don't know what you are smoking, compet deeds was never a good investment. You only had to look at the app to know it was never going to make it, MA were too late to the game with little to no advertising. There were plenty that mentioned it along with other reasons based on MA track record. People were too blinded to the fact that CLD and AUD did well after release so they threw their money at those deeds thinking they were going to double their investment easy.

At this stage in the game with Ark Moon Deeds, you have to weigh up the fact that the moon was released too early, the deeds are still for sale and now MA are using other tactics to try and sell the remaining deeds. I'm sure the Ark dev team are doing their best to continually improve the moon and provide content, however as someone else pointed out on another thread somewhere. Why go pay tax at a moon where you can do the same thing with no tax. There is just not enough incentive at the moment.

Hopes and dreams is nice to have but if you want to invest in something, you need to really consider all aspects and not just pay and pray, otherwise it's just gambling.

Calypso Land Deeds at 2k PED each give ~9% ROI (source)

Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~7% ROI (source)

Arkadia Underground Deeds at 75 PED each give ~4% ROI (source)

Arkadia Moon Deeds at 50 PED each give ~2% ROI (source)

Compet Deeds at whatever price they are give 0% ROI

I would say Arkadia Moon Deeds are a terrible investment, unless you want to bet on their price rise (which I doubt will ever happen).

Cheers

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.

Last edited:
What if they give you the robot pet?
Is that making AMD better investment?

Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~9-10% ROI (source)

I would say Arkadia Moon Deeds are a terrible investment, unless you want to bet on their price rise (which I doubt will ever happen).

Cheers

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.

Very interesting. Nice comparisation. Thank you very much + rep :)

The moon deed returns are utter crap.
The pet you get now is a nice bonus...if you like pets.
Loot pills are much cheaper.

With the additional content that is planned for the moon I think they will be a great investment. The devs are passionate and have already created some interesting missions. I really like the moon, I usually always make money there! I made 500ped in an hour last night on sicarius, all the mobs were dropping masses of loot for their level. I don’t know if this is related to the loot rebalance but I’ll be certainly checking it out again!

Bear in mind also the AUD comparison depends on where the mechs are! They had them on the moon for a while, now back UG. I think they do need to change that, and how the are spawned.

That’s the risk that you take though, buying them cheap now with trust that when the new stuff comes, the roi will increase. Or don’t, and pay twice as much for them when they are tradable.

any thoughts relevant to the topic welcome... no right or wrong answer :laugh:

My opinion is a clear no, but there are plainly people around who disagree, as each time a sophie shows up on the rare finds, it means someone has just bought a load of deeds from the shop. Whether it is mainly because of the cute pet itself, spawnable on all planets from the start apparently, who knows?

The CP shares were for an established part of the game with sizeable revenue. Turnover was still reasonable even with events going on in the summer and has increased from that as we enter autumn. The new market price as of the vu is as it is because the payouts (seem to) justify it, whereas moon deed payouts do not currently justify purchasing of them.

Caly deeds are in a slump at under 3 peds per week, but may revive suddenly if people were holding their peds back to restart burning them when both mission types were active, old and new, which they now are. The market price is at a historical high, but I don't know why...

AUDs depend partly on underground event mobs being available or not, but still have payouts which could be considered reasonable-ish if your motivation is to support Ark.

Thus, both on their own and in comparision, I do not think moon deeds are currently a good deal in their own right, especially as they are being bought with deposits of real-world money - and not peds already in-game.

Cheers

And how do you get the price for 1 Moon deed (prices will rise for sure) and Roi for it since were not sold all?

And how do you get the price for 1 Moon deed (prices will rise for sure) and Roi for it since were not sold all?

You are right, I should have used 60 PED each instead of 50 PED. That makes them even worse... lol

Their price rising is pure speculation I don't know why you are so "sure". Given how much they pay compared to CP or CLD I can't see why they would increase in price.

I'm being as objective as I can, hence the numbers and the sources I posted.

From my view, it do not worth to buy the package.

AMD ROI is bad and will increase probably in future (Pure speculation).
AMD Markup will maybe rise a day (Pure speculation).
MA will keep hand on the Moon Development. Ark devs planned many improvments but they still wait MA approvment for release them. Ark Devs can't do what they want and we know MA do not treat well Planet Partners.

Yes the PET look super cool, i really love it but if you look well, this pet is expensive to level up, this pet is expensive to use versus a loot pill and pretty no markup in future.
There is 54k+ AMD for sell (Arkadia Official info). That mean over 1k Sophie PET if all deeds are sold with the package.

With the additional content that is planned for the moon I think they will be a great investment. The devs are passionate and have already created some interesting missions. I really like the moon, I usually always make money there! I made 500ped in an hour last night on sicarius, all the mobs were dropping masses of loot for their level. I don’t know if this is related to the loot rebalance but I’ll be certainly checking it out again!

Bear in mind also the AUD comparison depends on where the mechs are! They had them on the moon for a while, now back UG. I think they do need to change that, and how the are spawned.

That’s the risk that you take though, buying them cheap now with trust that when the new stuff comes, the roi will increase. Or don’t, and pay twice as much for them when they are tradable.

This is absolutely spot on!! :beerchug:

As some people seem to have a short memory let me remind you of something. AUDs were seen as a not so great investment, during some time their price stood at around 50-55 ped each. Then they were made tradable and Ark Dev Team introduced the upgrades to the Viceroy armor that were possible with the nanites and a lot of players were gunning for that in the UG. AUDs started performing better then the CLDs and their priced peaked to 85-90 ped each, maybe a bit more if you are were lucky (I sold mine for 95 each). Then came MA and nerfed Focus Blow and made changes to the loot system, this cooled the interrest of players in the Viceroy upgrades.

Ark Dev team has made Arkadia a well established planet with the second best economy in game. Their strategy with the AUDs was spot on and working well until MA decided to change the rules of the game. Im pretty sure Ark Dev team has something special in mind for the Ark Moon and will deliver, as they have with the AUDs.

Then its up to you how you manage your deeds.

As some people seem to have a short memory let me remind you of something. AUDs were seen as a not so great investment, during some time their price stood at around 50-55 ped each. Then they were made tradable and Ark Dev Team introduced the upgrades to the Viceroy armor that were possible with the nanites and a lot of players were gunning for that in the UG. AUDs started performing better then the CLDs and their priced peaked to 85-90 ped each, maybe a bit more if you are were lucky (I sold mine for 95 each). Then came MA and nerfed Focus Blow and made changes to the loot system, this cooled the interrest of players in the Viceroy upgrades.

Ark Dev team has made Arkadia a well established planet with the second best economy in game. Their strategy with the AUDs was spot on and working well until MA decided to change the rules of the game. Im pretty sure Ark Dev team has something special in mind for the Ark Moon and will deliver, as they have with the AUDs.

Then its up to you how you manage your deeds.

Good post because you describe the history of a comparable product. However, I'm not convinced of the longevity of performance for the moon compared to the Underground. It also seems to me to be lessening both - splitting the pot (as with the mechs sometimes being in one, sometimes the other). Personally, I dislike the buy-in to become a smuggler, but then again I don't know much of how either the Underground or CP is currently about levelling/missioning your way to accessing special areas, which would be similar to the smuggler buy-in I guess.

If more info becomes available I may change my balance of opinion. For the last 6 months at least, buying CP shares back in the spring was the far better investment, but maybe some players will cash in and switch to buying moon deeds in the hope of more of the same pattern. If moon deeds manage to sell out via the webshop now, then ok, financing achieved, and they will be available for peds as well soon from other players.

Mind explaining how 11.81% @ 10 peds translates to ~9-10% ROI???

My calculation shows 6.947% @ 17 peds/share. Thats way off i would say.

Mind explaining how 11.81% @ 10 peds translates to ~9-10% ROI???

My calculation shows 6.947% @ 17 peds/share. Thats way off i would say.

You are absolutely right, let me fix it.

I did warn about my quick and dirty math...lol

I feel cld's are the best deed. It is the only deed that MA can't screw over without screwing themselves. How ever in general is is better to buy a balanced selection of deeds

Buy cp shares... the are cheap now (17), and after that wait few years and see how the price get higher and higher..

Buy cp shares... the are cheap now (17), and after that wait few years and see how the price get higher and higher..

You better would have bougth it at 10 PED each directly from MA, then you could sell now for 17 and have an very fast really high profit.

Speak the inital sale of CP shares was a very good investment, while for Ark Deeds we still have to wait for additional content to make it a good investment, therefor I dont consider it a good investment at the given time.

As already pointed out by others, it has potential to become a good investment.

Fact is:
CLD, CP and AUD shares where all good from start, while Moon deeds aren´t good from start.

Well already invested in some Moon deeds, not to much as there is other options that perform better atm.

Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~7% ROI (source)

Cheers

I've received a couple of PMs informing me that the ROI of CLD is actually closer to 7%. The Average ROI of them is only 9%+ because of averaging since they started paying very well but their return has gone down consistently over the years. If you calculate the average ROI of the last 6 months you get 7.7% at 2k PED per CLD, their current price is closer to 2.1k per deed, so yeah that's ~7% ROI. So ok fair enough you are right.

In my head this makes CP shares better than CLD, but stop bullying me I did say it was quick and dirty math.

Do your own calculations before you invest, I'm just a dumb fool on the internet :)

You win please stop taking the math I did in the head as perfect investment indicators... jeez.

CP deeds are not a bad investment at all. They are roughly the same as CLD in their payout per ped invested into them. I don't take all CLD payouts of the past into account either. I'm looking at actual payouts over the last 23 weeks in both of them. They are about the same @2050 per CLD and 17 per CP share. You can even opt that CLD are closer to 2.1k now, yes and CP shares.. Well i bought some more for 16,50 so at those prices CP actually gain a slight lead on the CLD.

Yes, its only over 23 weeks but the CLD have been in linear regression when it comes to payout/week.. While going up in price. So I started a new comparison the moment CP and CLD were BOTH ingame. not comparing one with payouts the other deed got years ago. FYI CLD average pay per week over 2018 was 3,1669PED/week. So far in 2019 they are sitting at 2,9918... And yes i know what you are thinking. We still got MM. True enough. But we also had a lot of Migration weeks. With migration included in the 23 weeks i calculated over.. the CP deeds and CLD are roughly similar in ROI at current prices. One being way worse or better than the other is bullshit.

Besides the ROI there are many more advantages one can think of why one might still be better than the other though. But find out for yourself...

As for AUDs.. they are bad compared to CP and CLD, yes. And moons.. well lets not even mention those :D But remember that this game is DYNAMIC. Things can always change. Some good updates somewhere might change the balance between the deeds again.

Actually, let's do mention the Moons... Since I forgot the starting question of this thread... Are they a good investment? Absolutely not. Will they be? Oh yeah... at some point they will be. I think a lot of people will dump AMD's as soon as they become tradeable... Just because of what I heard from many other players that have them. Not all will sell them.. But I know a lot probably will.. They will have a tough time IMHO once they become tradeable.. At some point they will be going up in payouts while the price has gone down..

So again a good investment? No, not now. Will they be? At some point yeah.

Last edited:
I've received a couple of PMs informing me that the ROI of CLD is actually closer to 7%. The Average ROI of them is only 9%+ because of averaging since they started paying very well but their return has gone down consistently over the years. If you calculate the average ROI of the last 6 months you get 7.7% at 2k PED per CLD, their current price is closer to 2.1k per deed, so yeah that's ~7% ROI. So ok fair enough you are right.

In my head this makes CP shares better than CLD, but stop bullying me I did say it was quick and dirty math.

Do your own calculations before you invest, I'm just a dumb fool on the internet :)

You win please stop taking the math I did in the head as perfect investment indicators... jeez.

Thank you for posting #'s with links. I agree with you, CP Shares are likely one of the better investments at the current moment.

I do believe that CP Shares will hit or go above 20 PED/share in the next 6 months. In the next two years it's definitely possible they even reach as high as the high 20's. What the CP Shares lack that the AUD and CLD have is history and community trust.

Assuming a couple of things:
1) CP Share payouts stay stable at 9-12% ROI, and
2) Significant time passes with stable results

The result will be a major upward climb in the share price. Why wouldn't it? They're highly liquid and the bar to entry is so low anyone can purchase a share.

The closest competitor to the CP Share is the AUD. At 75 PED a pop people are ok getting a 4% ROI. Whereas, the CP Share is only 16-17 PED right now, and offers double the ROI%, currently.

In time, assuming payouts stay fairly constant the CP Share will inevitably go up to match that similar 4% ROI like an AUD (which puts the price in the high 20's for sure). The only way this doesn't happen is if activity ceases or slows way down up there, or some other unforeseen cause.

I'm not saying sell everything and double down on CP Shares, that's not wise. I think weigh your options, diversify your investments, and see what CP does over the next several months.

Currently, the CP Shares are still very new and building a history that the other deed alternatives have already built. On top of that you have a glut of investors who are cashing out for their 160% payday that have kept the price where it's at. When dust settles, expect the share price to go up.

And if anyone is wondering about my own motives, I haven't purchased any CP Shares since they became tradeable -- and vice versa I am not liquidating the shares I currently have. I also didn't get anywhere near the amount I wanted to buy (like everyone else) they sold out too damn fast! For now, I'm holding on to the few that I do have, and going along for the ride.

As for Moon Deeds, right now they are a very bad investment. But, the Ark team is pretty freaking awesome, so I have an idea they have some sweet content yet to be released there... so don't discount the Moon altogether yet.

My two cents

Last edited:
Sophie's autoloot feature unlocks at level 30.
Normal autoloot pets have level 17 as a requirement. That's a huge difference. So with more and more Sophies coming into the universe, the selling price will come down considerably, probably taking the price of other autoloot pets with it, even though they already unlock at level 17.

In Entropia "investment" is a codeword for speculation. I don't believe moon deeds are worth speculating for, but against, I actually believe their price will crash beyond the best offer in the webshop when they will become available.

And that is when I will buy. Because in terms of actual investment, I believe the moon is one of the best projects out there, hand in hand with Monria and Mayhem and for an actual investor they will pay out, I would estimate a waiting time of 2 to 3 years until it will be in full speed in terms of roi.

id expect them to crash down to 20ish peds in the first 2 months and then stay like that for about a year and then slowly climb up again.

oh and the further up the moon deeds go the lower the price for aud will be.

In Entropia "investment" is a codeword for speculation. I don't believe moon deeds are worth speculating for, but against, I actually believe their price will crash beyond the best offer in the webshop when they will become available.

And that is when I will buy. Because in terms of actual investment, I believe the moon is one of the best projects out there, hand in hand with Monria and Mayhem and for an actual investor they will pay out, I would estimate a waiting time of 2 to 3 years until it will be in full speed in terms of roi.

You kind of contradict yourself there. Waiting for them to crash and buying cheaper is a speculation based on the fact that you believe that people will sell them under the price they paid for them. The deeds are a game investment with play money so people tend to hold on to them instead of selling at a loss unless they prove a definite failure like Compet. The prices are set first by supply/demand and after ROI or other indicators are used.

Last edited:
Back