Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Matt Copping
    Society
    freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I feel cld's are the best deed. It is the only deed that MA can't screw over without screwing themselves. How ever in general is is better to buy a balanced selection of deeds

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Captain Cereal Crunch
    Buy cp shares... the are cheap now (17), and after that wait few years and see how the price get higher and higher..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buy cp shares... the are cheap now (17), and after that wait few years and see how the price get higher and higher..
    You better would have bougth it at 10 PED each directly from MA, then you could sell now for 17 and have an very fast really high profit.

Speak the inital sale of CP shares was a very good investment, while for Ark Deeds we still have to wait for additional content to make it a good investment, therefor I dont consider it a good investment at the given time.

As already pointed out by others, it has potential to become a good investment.

Fact is:
    CLD, CP and AUD shares where all good from start, while Moon deeds aren´t good from start.

Well already invested in some Moon deeds, not to much as there is other options that perform better atm.

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    Calypso Land Deeds at 2k PED each give ~9% ROI (source)

Crystal Palace Shares at 17 PED each give ~7% ROI (source)

Arkadia Underground Deeds at 75 PED each give ~4% ROI (source)

Arkadia Moon Deeds at 50 PED each give ~2% ROI (source)

Compet Deeds at whatever price they are give 0% ROI

I would say Arkadia Moon Deeds are a terrible investment, unless you want to bet on their price rise (which I doubt will ever happen).

Cheers

PS: I did the math quick and dirty, do your own calculation if you want accuracy.

I've received a couple of PMs informing me that the ROI of CLD is actually closer to 7%. The Average ROI of them is only 9%+ because of averaging since they started paying very well but their return has gone down consistently over the years. If you calculate the average ROI of the last 6 months you get 7.7% at 2k PED per CLD, their current price is closer to 2.1k per deed, so yeah that's ~7% ROI. So ok fair enough you are right.

In my head this makes CP shares better than CLD, but stop bullying me I did say it was quick and dirty math.

Do your own calculations before you invest, I'm just a dumb fool on the internet

You win please stop taking the math I did in the head as perfect investment indicators... jeez.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    King Richie Took
    Society
    Soldiers of Fortune
    Images
    CP deeds are not a bad investment at all. They are roughly the same as CLD in their payout per ped invested into them. I don't take all CLD payouts of the past into account either. I'm looking at actual payouts over the last 23 weeks in both of them. They are about the same @2050 per CLD and 17 per CP share. You can even opt that CLD are closer to 2.1k now, yes and CP shares.. Well i bought some more for 16,50 so at those prices CP actually gain a slight lead on the CLD.

Yes, its only over 23 weeks but the CLD have been in linear regression when it comes to payout/week.. While going up in price. So I started a new comparison the moment CP and CLD were BOTH ingame. not comparing one with payouts the other deed got years ago. FYI CLD average pay per week over 2018 was 3,1669PED/week. So far in 2019 they are sitting at 2,9918... And yes i know what you are thinking. We still got MM. True enough. But we also had a lot of Migration weeks. With migration included in the 23 weeks i calculated over.. the CP deeds and CLD are roughly similar in ROI at current prices. One being way worse or better than the other is bullshit.

Besides the ROI there are many more advantages one can think of why one might still be better than the other though. But find out for yourself...

As for AUDs.. they are bad compared to CP and CLD, yes. And moons.. well lets not even mention those But remember that this game is DYNAMIC. Things can always change. Some good updates somewhere might change the balance between the deeds again.

Actually, let's do mention the Moons... Since I forgot the starting question of this thread... Are they a good investment? Absolutely not. Will they be? Oh yeah... at some point they will be. I think a lot of people will dump AMD's as soon as they become tradeable... Just because of what I heard from many other players that have them. Not all will sell them.. But I know a lot probably will.. They will have a tough time IMHO once they become tradeable.. At some point they will be going up in payouts while the price has gone down..

So again a good investment? No, not now. Will they be? At some point yeah.
    Last edited by King Took; 10-15-2019 at 17:48.

Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    I've received a couple of PMs informing me that the ROI of CLD is actually closer to 7%. The Average ROI of them is only 9%+ because of averaging since they started paying very well but their return has gone down consistently over the years. If you calculate the average ROI of the last 6 months you get 7.7% at 2k PED per CLD, their current price is closer to 2.1k per deed, so yeah that's ~7% ROI. So ok fair enough you are right.

In my head this makes CP shares better than CLD, but stop bullying me I did say it was quick and dirty math.

Do your own calculations before you invest, I'm just a dumb fool on the internet

You win please stop taking the math I did in the head as perfect investment indicators... jeez.
    Thank you for posting #'s with links. I agree with you, CP Shares are likely one of the better investments at the current moment.

I do believe that CP Shares will hit or go above 20 PED/share in the next 6 months. In the next two years it's definitely possible they even reach as high as the high 20's. What the CP Shares lack that the AUD and CLD have is history and community trust.

Assuming a couple of things:
    1) CP Share payouts stay stable at 9-12% ROI, and
    2) Significant time passes with stable results

The result will be a major upward climb in the share price. Why wouldn't it? They're highly liquid and the bar to entry is so low anyone can purchase a share.

The closest competitor to the CP Share is the AUD. At 75 PED a pop people are ok getting a 4% ROI. Whereas, the CP Share is only 16-17 PED right now, and offers double the ROI%, currently.

In time, assuming payouts stay fairly constant the CP Share will inevitably go up to match that similar 4% ROI like an AUD (which puts the price in the high 20's for sure). The only way this doesn't happen is if activity ceases or slows way down up there, or some other unforeseen cause.

I'm not saying sell everything and double down on CP Shares, that's not wise. I think weigh your options, diversify your investments, and see what CP does over the next several months.

Currently, the CP Shares are still very new and building a history that the other deed alternatives have already built. On top of that you have a glut of investors who are cashing out for their 160% payday that have kept the price where it's at. When dust settles, expect the share price to go up.

And if anyone is wondering about my own motives, I haven't purchased any CP Shares since they became tradeable -- and vice versa I am not liquidating the shares I currently have. I also didn't get anywhere near the amount I wanted to buy (like everyone else) they sold out too damn fast! For now, I'm holding on to the few that I do have, and going along for the ride.

As for Moon Deeds, right now they are a very bad investment. But, the Ark team is pretty freaking awesome, so I have an idea they have some sweet content yet to be released there... so don't discount the Moon altogether yet.

My two cents
    Last edited by MsPudding; 10-15-2019 at 20:02.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Sophie's autoloot feature unlocks at level 30.
    Normal autoloot pets have level 17 as a requirement. That's a huge difference. So with more and more Sophies coming into the universe, the selling price will come down considerably, probably taking the price of other autoloot pets with it, even though they already unlock at level 17.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    In Entropia "investment" is a codeword for speculation. I don't believe moon deeds are worth speculating for, but against, I actually believe their price will crash beyond the best offer in the webshop when they will become available.

And that is when I will buy. Because in terms of actual investment, I believe the moon is one of the best projects out there, hand in hand with Monria and Mayhem and for an actual investor they will pay out, I would estimate a waiting time of 2 to 3 years until it will be in full speed in terms of roi.

id expect them to crash down to 20ish peds in the first 2 months and then stay like that for about a year and then slowly climb up again.

oh and the further up the moon deeds go the lower the price for aud will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerham View Post
    In Entropia "investment" is a codeword for speculation. I don't believe moon deeds are worth speculating for, but against, I actually believe their price will crash beyond the best offer in the webshop when they will become available.

And that is when I will buy. Because in terms of actual investment, I believe the moon is one of the best projects out there, hand in hand with Monria and Mayhem and for an actual investor they will pay out, I would estimate a waiting time of 2 to 3 years until it will be in full speed in terms of roi.
    You kind of contradict yourself there. Waiting for them to crash and buying cheaper is a speculation based on the fact that you believe that people will sell them under the price they paid for them. The deeds are a game investment with play money so people tend to hold on to them instead of selling at a loss unless they prove a definite failure like Compet. The prices are set first by supply/demand and after ROI or other indicators are used.
    Last edited by Ino; 10-16-2019 at 12:02. Reason: misspeling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast