Suggestion: Codex improvements

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
First of all I want to say that, VU 16.5.0 is one of the best VUs in recent memory. So great job on that MA!

But alas, that doesn't mean it can't be improved upon. And this codex system has a lot of potential.

It could become the Entropia wiki for creature information.

It should be possible to see each mob in codex for each maturity it has and show HP of mob, max damage of mob, and damage types.

At each maturity tab it should say how much % you gain per mob. Or alternatively an approximate estimate of how many kills more you need to do. I suspect at higher ranks it will be harder to notice progressbar moving, unlike with previous killpoints/kills system. This is its biggest drawback.

One thing that would be truly epic. If you guys show the current loot list that each mob in codex can drop. With drop rates being show like on Entropia wiki. From common to extremely rare.

I would also like to see, how much reward you've gained in each skill reward you picked in previous ranks (a summary). And how many times you've done the repeatable in that mob, again showing summary for repeatable ranks too.

I not know of anyone that has reached repeatable yet, but I truly hope that you are able to pick any skill from all previous ranks in the repeatable mission, allowing you 100% flexibility on improving your avatar.

Well this is all I could think of at 6:00 am. Will update post later today if something pops in my head.

Feel free to add more suggestions. :D

Great suggestions Sub Zero. I would love to see such features implemented, especially since we no longer have a full time Entropia Wiki updater.

let the icon at least be copied out of the action library so that you can quick key it.

It would be nice if the loot tables were in there, but I highly doubt that will ever be publicly known since it changes from vu to vu and they don't publish the info in case someone dropped the ball before vu day or made some typo that causes it to not work etc. Maybe a planet to planet decision to allow based on pp choice would be nice touch though?

Ye..sofar i like the Codex Idea...it was said that its atm only the start of it and it will bei enhanced/improved ....

And also some options on it possible also what former ppl posted...

Maybe also consider (updateable) spawn locations (maturity sorted with Waypoints?) ...

lets also make the codex kill the mob for ya? go codex!!!

It should be possible to see each mob in codex for each maturity it has and show HP of mob, max damage of mob, and damage types.

This is by far the best suggestion. I've heard from newcommers to the game over and over that when starting to play it is a true pain in the ass to figure out things like damage type. Let's not forget that most newcommers never heard of the (sometimes outdated) wiki.

This is by far the best suggestion. I've heard from newcommers to the game over and over that when starting to play it is a true pain in the ass to figure out things like damage type. Let's not forget that most newcommers never heard of the (sometimes outdated) wiki.

Pain in the ass? Just check wiki...

A lot of players before you went through wasted peds and boring tests to figure this out. Figuring out loot, damage and so forth is the heart of the game. It is part of the exploration - and quite a bit of the fun. If MA now give out all the data for free, this game will be just like the idle mobile games...utterly mindless, utterly boring.

Should be able to attach a note to each codex entry to add things like dmg type and locations

Pain in the ass? Just check wiki...

Please read my entire post, this is exactly what I am adressing. If we want the game to grow, we must improve the experience of new players. Even if this means that us oldtimers no longer have an advantage over noobs.

You guys do realize what they just did to the game?
They deleted all the Iron Mission NPCs.
That includes the ones on Crystal Palace, Twin Peaks etc.. etc..
Nice reward..
Calypso is crying..
MA just committed the genocide of it's own people.

The Codex is your new Mind Ark I-pad.
So now you get to play the game on your new I-pad inside the game.
Just like the real world that you traded for an I-phone.
But in this case you can't put it down ever...
You have no choice.

Please read my entire post, this is exactly what I am adressing. If we want the game to grow, we must improve the experience of new players. Even if this means that us oldtimers no longer have an advantage over noobs.

Improving the experience for new AND old players should be MA's priority. For newcomers, better information in general would be good, but figuring out damage types and loot composition is something worthwhile people can do when they have learned the basics. The only reasons this game stands out is 1)RCE and 2)the fact that the community have had to figure most things out by themselves - and many people find that rewarding. Better than spoon-feeding newcomers all kinds of information hard won by the community, they should be properly guided to a mentor or getting a good tutorial of the chat system so they can ask questions there. That way they will have to ask around for info, which makes for more player interaction.

Better then to:

* Improve information of how to get started, and how the interface works.
* Making interesting story line quests (PROPER ones) and improve current tutorial quests
* Improve the mentoring system
* Seasonal changes in story line quests to build a bigger lore/story - more involving for rpg players, both new and old.
* Removing 1000 useless items from the game
* Changing ammo types on BLP, laser and attack nanochips to "generic ammo" (i.e. tt'able universal ammo)

Who is a new player in this day and age??
Give me a break.
There's no such thing as a kid that don't know how to play an MMOG.
I'v heard this argument every time a game starts to go down the toilet.
I'm a new player to your game!
I will not give MA another dime of my money to create this mindless BS.
That means you and everyone else will not get another dime of my money.
That's coming from your new player!!

Well if this happen miners will also ask for their own in game map with where resourses are found, at which depth can be found and so on . Don’t get me wrong but I think is not such a good idea, because all the people that spent time and peds testing to find out will be a little pissed and also will ruin the experience of exploring ( and MA won’t take profit from the non experienced players that don’t know how to go “good prepared” at a certain mob ; and also it will be a lot of mobs that don’t loot good stuff and people will stop hunting them)
But , they can add only a part of what you said . Like for example X mob attack with stab impact and electric, the % of each must be figured out of each player, because there are mobs that change the % on various types of damage depending on maturity. Or go look wiki if updated. And also X mob can loot X rare UL armor or UL gun . Not the entire loot .
My opinion. But to be honest I won’t see this happening tbh.

Would be nice if they could implement my old wish with the Land Area Terminal in Codex. :silly2:

LAT2.jpg

I think information in the codex should be unlocked depending on your INVESTIGATOR lvl.

LVL10 Maturities
LVL20 Health Lvls
LVL30 Damage Types
LVL40 Loot Composition

Etc.

I think information in the codex should be unlocked depending on your INVESTIGATOR lvl.

LVL10 Maturities
LVL20 Health Lvls
LVL30 Damage Types
LVL40 Loot Composition

Etc.

In theory a good idea, in practice not. Since they nerfed the scanning skilling, it's virtually impossible to get the the leves you are listing. Older avatars on the other hand - who took advantage of afk scanner skilling in the early days - would benefit.

The most elegant, simple solution would be to just add an area in the Codex for each mob where we can take notes.

In theory a good idea, in practice not. Since they nerfed the scanning skilling, it's virtually impossible to get the the leves you are listing. Older avatars on the other hand - who took advantage of afk scanner skilling in the early days - would benefit.

The most elegant, simple solution would be to just add an area in the Codex for each mob where we can take notes.

Another solution is to tweak scanning again, and adjust values from skills gained.
Specific skills for Investigator should be as "old time" while skills that are involved
in many professions like Biology, Zoology and so on can be a bit harder to gain.

The list of Caly mobs in the codex is growing fast, and space mobs are there too.
Would it not make better sense for each planet and space to have own page (tabs) within the codex, so that we don't end up with a huge monolithic list of every mob in game to scroll through to get to the zeladoth

Revive SCANNING!
The more you scan a mob, the MORE ACCURATE results you get on all mob specific stats.

Beginner levels of scanning reveal some basic stats like
  • Attributes
  • spawn waypoints

Advanced levels of scanning reveal more detailed stats like
  • Attack types
  • Damage types (no ratio)
  • spawn waypoints with maturity

Professional levels of scanning then can reveal increasingly accurate numbers for
  • Damage distribution (hit ratio for foot/shins/harness/...)
  • Damage type distribution (now with ratio)
  • spawn waypoints with maturity and density
  • etc...

Master level experience in fighting a mob (combination of scans AND total numbers killed), knowing about the mobs weak spots should reward in knowledge about the mob with certain codex entries like
  • revealing this or that
  • increasing the chance for a critical hit
  • increasing the chance to evade
  • spawn waypoints with maturity and density and alien mob pollution

An absolute number of successful scans (which isnt irrationally high) to reveal a certain stat would be nice, so everybody can complete his codex for a certain mob.
Scan success should be relative to mob level vs. professional level.

Last edited:
Revive SCANNING!
The more you scan a mob, the MORE ACCURATE results you get on all mob specific stats.

Let the first levels of scanning reveal some basic stats like
  • Attributes

Then some more specific stats like
  • Attack types

And Pro-level-scanning then can reveal increasingly accurate numbers for
  • etc...

An absolute number of successful scans (which isnt irrationally high) to reveal a certain stat would be nice, so everybody can complete his codex for a certain mob.

I also think that experience in fighting a mob (total numbers killed) should reward in knowledge about the mob with certain codex entries, revealing this or that...

Imo the problem with scanning is, it's data. Every mob of its kind has the same data (atk numbers, dmg types, etc.) and it only takes one person with high lvl scanning skill to put the information to entropiawiki and then, scanning profession is again rendered obsolete. Why spend peds scanning mobs when you can just find the complete data in the wiki?

Ofc it may be usable when MA decides to tweak some numbers on mobs regularly

Revive SCANNING!

Let the first levels of scanning reveal some basic stats like
  • Attributes

Then some more specific stats like
  • Attack types

And Pro-level-scanning then can reveal increasingly accurate numbers for
  • etc...

I also think that experience in fighting a mob (total numbers killed) should reward in knowledge about the mob with certain codex entries, revealing this or that...

I'm all for reviving ALL professions (Scanning, Haistyling, Coloring, etc, the more the better).
Maybe this FULL INFORMATION could be then sold to other players as "Kerberos Codex, Atrox Codex")... etc.
MAKE SCANNING GREAT AGAIN :yay:

Sure tell us where to find the mob (whith an auto-TP in the codex), what it drops, what damage type it deal, what armor to wear for it, what gun to use..
Then make an auto-hunt like crafting and we can hunt whith tycoon..

Or even better, just remove every mob, mining, crafting, delete the whole game client, and let only the boxes from the shop that we can open from the website, whith only PED inside, then we can directly deposit/open boxes/crying OR whitdraw.. So much time saved! And so much EASIER, people will love that and the game will soon be crowded whith new players! :wtg:

Hmm.. :banghead:

I would be happy if it just logged locations and maturity levels as you found creatures and I teracted with them. This is what the scanner should have always been for.

Sure tell us where to find the mob (whith an auto-TP in the codex), what it drops, what damage type it deal, what armor to wear for it, what gun to use..

So you're telling me you never used entropiawiki?

Mob location in the codex would be really amazing too! The less we need to wiki the better.

Also more of a comfort thing but when you open the codex if the search field could be the default focus right away so you can open the codex and just start typing to find a mob would be totally incredible :)

i bet some people would prefer universal ammo, daily/combat tokens or whatever else as reward, instead of the same skills over and over and over ... while they try to stay in their current mayhem cats :scratch2:

Should be able to attach a note to each codex entry to add things like dmg type and locations

yup 100% this. even import or just link read(not explorer fffs) wiki.

Back