Male | Male
    Fronske Frank VDBank
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pain in the ass? Just check wiki...

Please read my entire post, this is exactly what I am adressing. If we want the game to grow, we must improve the experience of new players. Even if this means that us oldtimers no longer have an advantage over noobs.

You guys do realize what they just did to the game?
    They deleted all the Iron Mission NPCs.
    That includes the ones on Crystal Palace, Twin Peaks etc.. etc..
    Nice reward..
    Calypso is crying..
    MA just committed the genocide of it's own people.

The Codex is your new Mind Ark I-pad.
    So now you get to play the game on your new I-pad inside the game.
    Just like the real world that you traded for an I-phone.
    But in this case you can't put it down ever...
    You have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronske View Post
    Please read my entire post, this is exactly what I am adressing. If we want the game to grow, we must improve the experience of new players. Even if this means that us oldtimers no longer have an advantage over noobs.
    Improving the experience for new AND old players should be MA's priority. For newcomers, better information in general would be good, but figuring out damage types and loot composition is something worthwhile people can do when they have learned the basics. The only reasons this game stands out is 1)RCE and 2)the fact that the community have had to figure most things out by themselves - and many people find that rewarding. Better than spoon-feeding newcomers all kinds of information hard won by the community, they should be properly guided to a mentor or getting a good tutorial of the chat system so they can ask questions there. That way they will have to ask around for info, which makes for more player interaction.

Better then to:

* Improve information of how to get started, and how the interface works.
    * Making interesting story line quests (PROPER ones) and improve current tutorial quests
    * Improve the mentoring system
    * Seasonal changes in story line quests to build a bigger lore/story - more involving for rpg players, both new and old.
    * Removing 1000 useless items from the game
    * Changing ammo types on BLP, laser and attack nanochips to "generic ammo" (i.e. tt'able universal ammo)

Quote Originally Posted by Fronske View Post
    Who is a new player in this day and age??
    Give me a break.
    There's no such thing as a kid that don't know how to play an MMOG.
    I'v heard this argument every time a game starts to go down the toilet.
    I'm a new player to your game!
    I will not give MA another dime of my money to create this mindless BS.
    That means you and everyone else will not get another dime of my money.
    That's coming from your new player!!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Images
    Well if this happen miners will also ask for their own in game map with where resourses are found, at which depth can be found and so on . Donít get me wrong but I think is not such a good idea, because all the people that spent time and peds testing to find out will be a little pissed and also will ruin the experience of exploring ( and MA wonít take profit from the non experienced players that donít know how to go ďgood preparedĒ at a certain mob ; and also it will be a lot of mobs that donít loot good stuff and people will stop hunting them)
    But , they can add only a part of what you said . Like for example X mob attack with stab impact and electric, the % of each must be figured out of each player, because there are mobs that change the % on various types of damage depending on maturity. Or go look wiki if updated. And also X mob can loot X rare UL armor or UL gun . Not the entire loot .
    My opinion. But to be honest I wonít see this happening tbh.
    Bam ! Iím out !

Would be nice if they could implement my old wish with the Land Area Terminal in Codex.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    True TJ Juan
    Society
    Cz-Sk Crows
    Images
    I think information in the codex should be unlocked depending on your INVESTIGATOR lvl.

LVL10 Maturities
    LVL20 Health Lvls
    LVL30 Damage Types
    LVL40 Loot Composition

Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by True Juan View Post
    I think information in the codex should be unlocked depending on your INVESTIGATOR lvl.

LVL10 Maturities
    LVL20 Health Lvls
    LVL30 Damage Types
    LVL40 Loot Composition

Etc.

In theory a good idea, in practice not. Since they nerfed the scanning skilling, it's virtually impossible to get the the leves you are listing. Older avatars on the other hand - who took advantage of afk scanner skilling in the early days - would benefit.

The most elegant, simple solution would be to just add an area in the Codex for each mob where we can take notes.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    In theory a good idea, in practice not. Since they nerfed the scanning skilling, it's virtually impossible to get the the leves you are listing. Older avatars on the other hand - who took advantage of afk scanner skilling in the early days - would benefit.

The most elegant, simple solution would be to just add an area in the Codex for each mob where we can take notes.
    Another solution is to tweak scanning again, and adjust values from skills gained.
    Specific skills for Investigator should be as "old time" while skills that are involved
    in many professions like Biology, Zoology and so on can be a bit harder to gain.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    The list of Caly mobs in the codex is growing fast, and space mobs are there too.
    Would it not make better sense for each planet and space to have own page (tabs) within the codex, so that we don't end up with a huge monolithic list of every mob in game to scroll through to get to the zeladoth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast