What is the best skill?

KenoZuki

Old Alpha
KenoZuki TheGreySoldier OneOfMany
What is the best skill for the new mission system? :)

Personally I go for Evade -> Athletics -> Courage

Especially the defense skills are slow to aquire if you are not chipping in. Weapon skills you get over time anyway.

The best skill is the one you need the most to achieve your goals or to maximize your profits if you have any plans with this game.There is no right answer.

The best skill is the one you need the most to achieve your goals or to maximize your profits if you have any plans with this game.There is no right answer.

While this is very true, it is beneficial to understand how skills play into the professions.

I recommend perusing www.entropiawiki.com, specifically under the "skills" and "professions" tabs to familiarize yourself with the effects of various skills on the professions ingame.

Personally my priorities are as follows: Looter Professions > Health > Defense Professions > Offense Professions

best skills = highest mu, so best skill will now, going forward be those you CANNOT obtain in the new missions.

As for choices for mission rewards, choose what you want... I'm sticking with heavy melee or evade mostly as it helps with the swords, etc.

Last edited:
Evade , it will increase your posibility to evade good HoF’s , Dodge is quite the same

Especially the defense skills are slow to aquire if you are not chipping in. Weapon skills you get over time anyway.
I also choose similar but my preferences are Athletics-->Courage -> Dodge / Evade / Alertness . If none of thse skills on list i will go for skill that contributes to hp most

I go for the same, Evade or Dodge are my first choices, then athletics, courage, bravado, combat reflexes, dex etc ....
Skills like weapon handling, rifle, meelee, etc ... are gained when using the weapon.

EDIT : as for mining pros / surv / trea :)

Last edited:
I've been taking perception lately, it boosts all three looter profs... lol

Is there any sane reaseon to take any other skills besides looter ones?

Analysis > Zoology > Biology > Alertness > Perception > Dexterity

Order may vary a bit depending on their impact to my looter levels

For the moment I am pushing for commando, so I prioritize whatever boosts my highest hit pro. Afterwards, I will revert to defensive & hp ones.

I go balls deep on perception, Looterskills r insanely slow after 50. Also picking a bit of melee combat/powerfist/clubs

Only responding to the title of the thread

"pay the bills"

I will believe when I see it in my spreadsheets. So far I see no difference beyond decimals between post-2.0 pre-looter, the initial 22 lvl level in animal looter, and the current 45 lvl in it. I don't doubt there is an effect since MA said it, but I'll rather choose a skill reward which effect I do know for sure.

I agree for the most part. The only good thing about looter for me is the unlocks, it hasn't shown to help in any other facet.

Also how MA intends for something to work and how it actually works are 2 very different things. Think we all should know that.

Of course someone out there is probably saying its your low looter level Svarog. Maybe more perception :laugh:

Is there any sane reaseon to take any other skills besides looter ones?

Analysis > Zoology > Biology > Alertness > Perception > Dexterity

Order may vary a bit depending on their impact to my looter levels

All of these skills are attained easily by Harvesting. Besides the Analysis, Zoology, Biology are all such low TT reward amounts compared to the better options. Easy to raise those skills naturally then take the better reward. Or take some Heavy Weapons for space HP if you don't like shooting mobs up there.

Last edited:
Back