Question about Evade

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
According to MA that no matter what you will miss about 10% of your shots fired. That seems fair to me as you can offset a few percentage points with Crit hit.

How about Evade ? I seem to take as many hits from a mob with a danger lvl of 3 as I do with a mob with a danger lvl 50 or more. Some how that does not seem fair as I am a mid-level evader and get the crap beat out of me by puntys. Your evader lvl may lesson the blow but I am not sure about that because I seem to get the same amount of damage listed in EP

Do you think there is also a min level of hits that you must also take that is similar to the misses with weapons. That would seem a bit unfair as you have no offset like a crit hit in weapons, but the mob does have crit hits. If that is the case I wasted a lot mission rewards on evader instead of something else that might have served me better.

Just a BTW. IMO the games is playing as good as it ever has and if this is the way it is then so be it. MA has done good.

Last edited:
Evader works somewhat like SIB on weapons. Either you're too low a level and you don't evade at all (some mobs can still 'miss' as they have their own max hit rate), or you're high enough level and start evading, raising your evade chance to about 50% after you're a certain amount higher than the mobs hit level. So if a mob has a regular hit rate of 75%, and requires say level 50 evader, at level 0 through 50 evader it'll hit you 75% of the time. Then once you're past 50 it'll drop from 75% to eventually 37.5% once you've ended the 'sib period' of evader for the mob, whatever length that is.

Or at least that's my understanding of it, could be completely wrong.

Puny's are an exception, they have a high chance to hit you no matter your evade level.
Even Messi would get hit often by them.

Once you move onto mobs that do not have puny in the name, evade works like it should.

Now some theory warning: :laugh:
A level 2 can be way tougher than a level 10. Imo L-value has more purposes than
just to use as a guide how tough it is. I use it as basic value ( followed by others)
when I try to find a weapon setup that suit the target. Doesn't work to 100% on
all mobs but on the other hand, MA doesn't supply us with all values either, so there
are some guessing on some mobs. Funny thing is that it works suprisingly well quite
often, even though some mobs get realy odd values. Probably just coincidences
though with those good combos I found doing this... ;)

Thanks all for the insight. I am a lvl 52 evader and thought they (puntys) would hit less. I heal more them that a regular higher lvl mob. Oh well.

Back