PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
    Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Closedfile McMullen
    Blog Entries

Make night cycle optional

Make day/night cycle optional (a switch under options).

why I understand that night can be cool. I have trouble seeing and can't turn up gamma unless I go full screen.
    And with winter coming and days are getting shorter, I like to play a game that gives full summer sunlight. I know, but the night cycle depresses me.

So please give us the option for eternal sunshine.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eleria 'Orion' Starwind
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    ugh...

we have been a pain in the ass of MA to get that day and night cycle for almost a decade and then finally got it delivered in 2010 or so.
    mostly ppl who dont know what they ask for in the meaning of gameplay impact, but still, they did.

MA promised "night mobs" which only come out at night and other cool stuff, but well.... they are MA....
    so all we got was a different sky background at night with some stars and a darker tone.
    but hey, after all they somehow fulfilled our plea.

be happy and condemn those who asked for day and night cycle, if you wish.
    Last edited by Orion; 09-30-2019 at 01:33.
    The +1 PED Shop: /wp [Calypso, 34282, 48134, 111, Genesis Star Tower B, Block B, Shop #4]
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/2/2/shaolin_member_signatur_orion.jpg

Proud Citizen of Calypso since February 9th, 2002

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    On Calypso night lasts about 20 minutes due to 'feedback' from players who dislike the night and it is also a lot brighter than it used to be in most locations with a moon size improvement some years ago.

Personally, I prefer the night though.

Have you tried Ancient Greece? - it never gets dark there.

Can't let it pass to add me on the "dislike night please make it optional" list. We had this topic a couple times , i started some threads years back and well night is still not optional

Whenever i browse old Entropia Pictures i really really miss all the different sky boxes , we had azure blue sky, morning red glowing sky , alien looking sky and today we have some blue"ish" grey mesh with some white pixels that glow when it gets darker. The night is like soaking out all the color and making the enviroment a depressive expirience. Back in 2005 the sky complimented the landscape today it lost all of it's former magic.

Old
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Deathplace of Bausch & Lomb, Kodak, Xerox
    Hellbound Happy Heathcliff
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    The day/night cycle adds character to the game experience. I say keep it and intensify the experience.
    HHH Says: If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Yes. I usually switch server locations to escape the dark and if I can't find something to do in a daylight server I log off. I won't play on a pitch black screen.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Why do you need to see? Just hit F!
    Xen Shop Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted