Make night cycle optional

ClosedFile

Mature
John Closedfile McMullen
Make day/night cycle optional (a switch under options).

why I understand that night can be cool. I have trouble seeing and can't turn up gamma unless I go full screen.
And with winter coming and days are getting shorter, I like to play a game that gives full summer sunlight. I know, but the night cycle depresses me.

So please give us the option for eternal sunshine.

ugh...

we have been a pain in the ass of MA to get that day and night cycle for almost a decade and then finally got it delivered in 2010 or so.
mostly ppl who dont know what they ask for in the meaning of gameplay impact, but still, they did.

MA promised "night mobs" which only come out at night and other cool stuff, but well.... they are MA....
so all we got was a different sky background at night with some stars and a darker tone.
but hey, after all they somehow fulfilled our plea.

be happy and condemn those who asked for day and night cycle, if you wish.

Last edited:
On Calypso night lasts about 20 minutes due to 'feedback' from players who dislike the night and it is also a lot brighter than it used to be in most locations with a moon size improvement some years ago.

Personally, I prefer the night though. :vampire:

Have you tried Ancient Greece? - it never gets dark there.

Can't let it pass to add me on the "dislike night please make it optional" list. We had this topic a couple times , i started some threads years back and well night is still not optional :(

Whenever i browse old Entropia Pictures i really really miss all the different sky boxes , we had azure blue sky, morning red glowing sky , alien looking sky and today we have some blue"ish" grey mesh with some white pixels that glow when it gets darker. The night is like soaking out all the color and making the enviroment a depressive expirience. Back in 2005 the sky complimented the landscape today it lost all of it's former magic.

The day/night cycle adds character to the game experience. I say keep it and intensify the experience.

Yes. I usually switch server locations to escape the dark and if I can't find something to do in a daylight server I log off. I won't play on a pitch black screen.

Why do you need to see? Just hit F!

Back