PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think EU is mostly relying on old players and their deposits. Once big part of them are gone, they will either have to change the strategy completely or make subscription based version just to keep it functional.

P.S This is purely my opinion, based and 0 statistics.
    I think you have a point there. I feel that there are so few new people that can really replace the amount of money the old depositors are bringing.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlie View Post
    I think EU is mostly relying on old players and their deposits. Once big part of them are gone, they will either have to change the strategy completely or make subscription based version just to keep it functional.

P.S This is purely my opinion, based and 0 statistics.
    For 15 years new players have continually replaced older players leaving. For 15 years people have posted that the sky is falling...
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.99 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Helmet (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Stalker
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lazer"LAZZ" Nero
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    I rescue new ppl several times a week

Hi, your account was created on the following date 2004-09-26.
    Regards,
    Entropia Support

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Kerawan Kerham Maddahy
    Society
    Project Y
    Images
    Well. Mayhem and batsim were correct steps into pushing EU to new frontiers. They have nothing in common with the core concept, yet they integrated very nicely. I do trust MA they will implement more and more options, exactly to bring in elements of MoBA or card games in various game modes which to open up the experience. From this pov, Compet was a good intention (in a shitty direction, but hey, can't win each time).

If it would stay static, it would surely die. It is not and I am sure it won't become.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    I'm here quite a long time and there where several phases where this kind of threads where launched but atm this Project is still running.

I think little things would get a lot more fun into Entropia.

For example why not reinvent the Dropships you could get from mining:

It was much more exiting than getting only a Global to search the Dropship, kill the Bots to go to the ship and press the Button to get your Reward than a simple 50 ped Lyst Global.

I bet the code still lies around and could easily be reused.

Or what about unterwater mining? Why not make it possible once again to mine under water?

Or the save zone inside PvP was also allways a spot where you had a lot of other players trying to loot something nice

So I think MA could make it a lot more interresting for their users with very littel changes/additions to the game.
    I second that. Eu has lost a lot of fun factors. The alien dropship is a good example of this. I always had the panic, that some other player hit the button before me. But always it was super fun to get a such ship.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Nah, as soon as entropia becomes subsciption based it will die.
    Since then it will become like any other MMO.
    And because MA sucks in comparison to any other MMO it will fail.
    Entropia is RCE. Without RCE, no entropia.

P.S This is purely my opinion
    I must agree, no RCE, no game. I don't think I would want to 20 USD a month just to play, although I have spent way much more than that over the years.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Speaking of the dropships, it reminded me of those animations they did a year or 2 ago, it seems MA even outlasted the starfinder/pathfinders that streaked across the sky on Caly for a bit.

While MA has lasted, many of their ideas and work on new "features" has not lasted long at all.

Join the fun at FORGOTV on Twitch!
    Regular giveaways and the best viewers on Twitch!
    Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Entropia Utilities - search my items, blueprints + wiki data - updated!
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 575k+ skills

Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Nah, as soon as entropia becomes subsciption based it will die.
    Since then it will become like any other MMO.
    And because MA sucks in comparison to any other MMO it will fail.
    Entropia is RCE. Without RCE, no entropia.

P.S This is purely my opinion
    I doubt EU had been developed to what it is today, if EU didn't have
    the RCE...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Latvieshu Krutaakais Purns
    Images
    MA should do the same as Blizzard and run another game with old version. Fresh start could bring new players and old retired ones too.
    From Mindark reports 2018 had more net deposits then in 2017. This year reports can show some pattern and if its also positive, then this game will be ok for a while.
    Also as this is real cash economy and players are not protected enought, MA can do whatever they want to bait money or change value of items or other shiit

Quote Originally Posted by martinstids View Post
    MA should do the same as Blizzard and run another game with old version. Fresh start could bring new players and old retired ones too.
    Well, it would be interesting to see the results of a virtual time machine, with lots of players from "the future" able to play in "the past".
    Would you play on a clean slate EU and restart an avatar the same as everyone else?

However, you cannot make players "unknowledgable", so it would all turn out differently anyway, especially the mus, desired items etc. Also, what vu should MA chose anyway, and with or without bug fixes? Should they update that world, or keep it locked without further additions?
    Another LOL thought - is what we have now the best EU ever?

AND, are there agreements with PPs in place that the platform should not water down the playerbase any further? Reintroducing a new Old Caly would split the existing base quite a bit I suspect, even if some new players were attracted. PPs would not like that - nor would CLD and other deed holders if the 'time travel EU' didn't share the turnover with them.

Nope, the past should not be revisited if it is "alive" as an RCE, nor should EU compete with previous versions of itself...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast