PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

Mining finder radius fake

Hey there!

I've been conducting some testing and... I want more feedback on this and more ideas on what's going on. I believe this is NOT new, just something I didn't really stop to think about before:

go to LBML (or not) and reduce radius to 27,5m on planet (calypso for example). Now go mine you'll find a path or vein of deposits... even using half the radius. How can this be?

Thoughts?

So... the subject I really wanted was... fake radius or more claims than expected in ground? What I don't get is... sometimes I'll drop a bomb and hit two claims, then run 27,5 and it finds another ORE claim for example, and the claim rod is NEXT TO my last claim... not outside. I honestly believe we're passing claims by with 55m radius... for good or bad... but I want to see if anyone can shed some light on this.
    Last edited by Nick Co0Lio; 09-30-2019 at 10:28. Reason: More info

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    This is very normal.

After a drop (dual in this case) and stand still, you might get 2 claims : 1 enm and 1 ore that is closest to you.

If you drop again now you can get another 1 or 2 claims or even a 3th after another drop but the % of finding a claim again is getting very small and not worth it.
    Ores - Enmatters - Treasures
    Miner's Dream - TICity - Platinum - C5
    The higher the year % - The bigger discount

DEPTH ENHANCERS Level 1 - 9

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    There is no path or vein of deposits anymore. Its all just RNG with some modification. You can just go 10m away from where you stood and get another claim and repeat. Hell i've ran around in a circle the size of a finder radius and got the same hit rate i would have got by dropping every 50m or 100m. Some days you get a better hit rate than others. It's up to you to stop when it's going south.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lower range on the finder is a modification factor for claim size, not claim rate or placement. Considering the somewhat calculated RNG nature of the returns, claim placement will always be a variable we will never see a consistent pattern for IMO.

Range halves indoors, thus making claims bigger.

This is also why the old school md-10-50 finders have some value beyond rarity, they are slightly smaller range and state these facts directly in the description. (which you can read on auction orders)

Join the fun at FORGOTV on Twitch!
    Regular giveaways and the best viewers on Twitch!
    Check out Forgo on YouTube!
    Entropia Utilities - search my items, blueprints + wiki data - updated!
    Celeste Harbor booth #3 on Arkadia - damage and mining depth 1-10 + more!
    The Zombie Arms on Rocktropia
    next to the Steampunks near the tangerine TP Everything you need 500+ items!
    EL profile - 1.75+ million in hunting 575k+ skills

That sucks! Really so random? Angle, distance, coordinates, nothing you do influences hitrate or loot?

So... why would people run 55m when 27 works. I could just go foma and run 10m and keep dropping and i could keep hitting hofs, right?

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Co0Lio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That sucks! Really so random? Angle, distance, coordinates, nothing you do influences hitrate or loot?

So... why would people run 55m when 27 works. I could just go foma and run 10m and keep dropping and i could keep hitting hofs, right?
    HR planetside is around 30 % .... indoor like foma 5% ....

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Livius Beyond Godlike
    Society
    Skyfall
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LeelooM View Post
    This is very normal.

After a drop (dual in this case) and stand still, you might get 2 claims : 1 enm and 1 ore that is closest to you.

If you drop again now you can get another 1 or 2 claims or even a 3th after another drop but the % of finding a claim again is getting very small and not worth it.
    By stand still you also mean that if I drop in X place and I知 running fast 100 m during the search , the claim that I値l find it will be in the nearest place from where the drop was made or in the nearest place that I知 standing after run?
    Bam ! I知 out !

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livius View Post
    By stand still you also mean that if I drop in X place and I知 running fast 100 m during the search , the claim that I値l find it will be in the nearest place from where the drop was made or in the nearest place that I知 standing after run?
    Nearest where you dropped

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    Lower range on the finder is a modification factor for claim size, not claim rate or placement.
    I've been meaning to test some of that. When you go indoors yes, but I wonder if it's different outdoors? It's possible MA set the two up to work a bit differently. Otherwise, those mining range enhancers would be lowering your claim size while paying for extra decay. That doesn't really make sense unless it does increase hit rate (though you'd need a large hit rate increase to even justify them if they do increase it outdoors and there is no claim size decrease).

All speculation at this point though.

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Closedfile McMullen
    Blog Entries
    Only check is coords when dropping, all the rest is decoration. changed prolly since CE.