Notice Regarding L.A.R.A and C.A.R.A Pets

Something too good to be true again, Bertha? (from what I heard it was just an acceleration buff)

Well, at least they reacted in about a week. (as they say in these parts, "well picked up is not dropped" :))

Something too good to be true again, Bertha? (from what I heard it was just an acceleration buff)

Well, at least they reacted in about a week. (as they say in these parts, "well picked up is not dropped" :))

LARA has acceleration and 5 metre autoloot as the second one. CARA is currently bugged and not tamable.

This is gonna need a lot of popcorn :yup:
LARA has acceleration and 5 metre autoloot as the second one. CARA is currently bugged and not tamable.
"Incorrect" probably means that LARA has CARA's buffs atm, but as a common is meant to be like 10% taming or something.

LOL

Now that tons of people spent days taming tons of them, you'll change the buff..

Since the mission there is probably bugged and it was not suposed to works that way, I thought you would make them untradable or something like that, but changing buff.. :eyecrazy: :laugh: :cheer: :popcorn:

PS: I think it would be very kind to tell us what will be the "new" buff. :wise:
Then we can choose now if we want to continue feed it (for level it up), or let it die starving..

"Incorrect" probably means that LARA has CARA's buffs atm, but as a common is meant to be like 10% taming or something.

Could be this indeed.
I also thought that was some nice buff for a pet that is very easy to get.

Then NI staff must have really wondered why so many people are there trying to get so much of that pet..!? :confused: ;)

PS: I think it would be very kind to tell us what will be the "new" buff. :wise:
Then we can choose now if we want to continue feed it (for level it up), or let it die starving..

But then MA would lose revenue from all those feeding and whip decay :whip:

Hey People, let's be a little optimistic,

Following the incorrect passive effects and stats corrections, the acceleration buffer could be increased at least to 15% and the autoloot to 30m :D

This is totally UNACCEPTABLE MA!!!
Leave my L.A.R.A pet ALONE.

It's only 5m autoloot buff, I've spent time leveling to lvl 11. Are you gonna give me back my nutrio bars and time wasted? If not LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE.

Give superior pet buff to C.A.R.A pet or whatever you wanna name it.
It should never be acceptable to change an item after its been in-game for long enough... Unless you provide compensation!!! Are you gonna compensate us on this!? I think not.

This is completely bullshit, it's super obvious you guys messed up, and didn't realize that this pet would compete with Arkadia moon deeds, which you guys are desperate to help yourself and Arkadia studios sell. Fucking greediness level over 9000!!!! :mad:

Hey People, let's be a little optimistic,

Following the incorrect passive effects and stats corrections, the acceleration buffer could be increased at least to 15% and the autoloot to 30m :D

I think you are right! :yay:

By the way I'm selling some L.A.R.A pets right now, 4K PED each. :deal:

adwdqawd.jpg

Glad I didn't make a trip to NI yet. Still blows for people who tamed it and got the buff already or are in hot pursuit of it..

I'd expect support cases, but MA will probably just respond with "Uhh it's not our problem, it's the planet partners at NI. We'll forward your complaints over for you!" Then never hear anything about it again.

Perfect.. 10/10 good job everyone.

Giving such buffs to these very ordinary pets is utter stupidity, and this must be corrected quickly. Moreover, the design of these robot pets is extremely poor, this is just a botched job.

I don't know who exactly manages NI, but as a whole this is not very professional...

LOL

Now that tons of people spent days taming tons of them, you'll change the buff..

I read that this pet was intended to be tamed only 1 per avatar... So, people crying now make me laugh a bit, it just cost few whip strikes to get one. And I think noone has leveled it up to level 16 yet.

The lack of details is not really encouraging too...:confused:

I truly cannot believe that those effects been not intended. It is not like they implemented a ton of different pets and there was a real chance to mix up some buffs. And since they aren't stupid either, they are obviously making things up here.

For me it looks like everyone (and his/ her mother) owning one of the 'old' and recent pets with an auto loot feature wrote a support case in order to protect their 'investments'. Poor souls that envy the average player getting hold of an affordable pet with an auto loot feature. Even though this auto loot feature only has a range of 5m and bad eco.

Unfortunately, it's not the first time things like this happened. Anyone remember A.R.C. Initiate / Stolen Imperium Armor? I am sure there is more cases like that but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

I really hope they leave the L.A.R.A. pet the way it is. As far as I can tell the pet made a lot of ppl visit Next Island. I seen ppl hunting and doing missions on that planet. I was really pleased to see how the implementation of a little pet caused such a positive development on this planet. It would be a shame if that vanishes again.

P.S. Yes I also own a L.A.R.A. pet and it's lvl 8 and I was really looking forward to have an emergency option for auto-loot available (in events e.g.). I am tempted to sell it now and to never visit NI again.

Reading this thread and remembering the rain of uber scanners at RT some years ago. :facepalm:

Ah well. Even if the pet doesn't live up to my hopes, it was worth it. Had a good time in this game. Got to do a few more missions and see the nice changes that've been implemented.

While at it, could you please remove the big dump on Next Island, too? Thank you and sorry if someone always has to mop up someone else's mess.

So much bitchin over autoloot!? new interface removed the need for such an option!? Press F to shoot, press F again to loot, press F to move and autoshoot next mob and repeat. U litteraly only need 1 finger to play this game now is it really to much to handle for you.

So much bitchin over autoloot!? new interface removed the need for such an option!? Press F to shoot, press F again to loot, press F to move and autoshoot next mob and repeat. U litteraly only need 1 finger to play this game now is it really to much to handle for you.

yep... for the most part... but it is still annoying sometimes having to loot if you get swarmed by a bunch of mobs, especially if you are the type that goes in way the hell above your level without being maxed or having the right armor... even if everyone tells you don't do that... quite a few folks do still do that from time to time.

Only other situation I could see it being really handy is if your primary weapon is grenades... and you are killing tons of mobs all at once and are worried you cannot loot em all in time before they disappear... but only a few handful of folks in game do that type of stuff.

I truly cannot believe that those effects been not intended. It is not like they implemented a ton of different pets and there was a real chance to mix up some buffs. And since they aren't stupid either, they are obviously making things up here.

For me it looks like everyone (and his/ her mother) owning one of the 'old' and recent pets with an auto loot feature wrote a support case in order to protect their 'investments'. Poor souls that envy the average player getting hold of an affordable pet with an auto loot feature. Even though this auto loot feature only has a range of 5m and bad eco.

Unfortunately, it's not the first time things like this happened. Anyone remember A.R.C. Initiate / Stolen Imperium Armor? I am sure there is more cases like that but that's the first thing that came to my mind.

I really hope they leave the L.A.R.A. pet the way it is. As far as I can tell the pet made a lot of ppl visit Next Island. I seen ppl hunting and doing missions on that planet. I was really pleased to see how the implementation of a little pet caused such a positive development on this planet. It would be a shame if that vanishes again.

P.S. Yes I also own a L.A.R.A. pet and it's lvl 8 and I was really looking forward to have an emergency option for auto-loot available (in events e.g.). I am tempted to sell it now and to never visit NI again.

I agree. it smells more like NI intended it, but MA decides that the buffs are too OP for a pet that rarity (maybe a tip from anonymous intending to protect their "investment").

For a little while, due to ppl going around taming and lvling LARA, NI actually got a lot of economic activities going around. People are doing activities and trading here and there and some items manage to get their daily/weekly MU going on. It's a shame that they are going to nerf it. (It's only freaking 5 m autoloot!! I'd rather walk to the goddamn corpse to loot at that distance)

yep... for the most part... but it is still annoying sometimes having to loot if you get swarmed by a bunch of mobs, especially if you are the type that goes in way the hell above your level without being maxed or having the right armor... even if everyone tells you don't do that... quite a few folks do still do that from time to time.

Only other situation I could see it being really handy is if your primary weapon is grenades... and you are killing tons of mobs all at once and are worried you cannot loot em all in time before they disappear... but only a few handful of folks in game do that type of stuff.

It's also handy when u got a bugged corpse buried under the terrain. I had this case twice on caraboks

This is a very strange situation, given the fact that such a pet design is not an accident, I spent 5 days on this stupid planet, was forced to buy nutrio at an overpriced %, and now it turns out that it was all in vain? This is very disappointing! If the mission was bugged - leave at least one pet in one hands with the option of autoloot! As it was conceived. Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:
As far as I can tell the pet made a lot of ppl visit Next Island. I seen ppl hunting and doing missions on that planet. I was really pleased to see how the implementation of a little pet caused such a positive development on this planet. It would be a shame if that vanishes again.

Given the way NI is so badly managed and developed, it will surely vanish again. This is not how a loyal community is built on a planet...

for me its not about autoloot.
its about trust and HOW MA and planet partners (or whoever owns NI) handle such things.
like another dude said in this thread, this facebook post of NI-representatives could not be taken serious.
its not like you implement a feature in a software without checking all dependencies and given the fact that real money is involved this is even more sad that they obviously have no / bad communications with MA at all.

we all know that, maybe some of us have been part of such things. your company makes a mistake, customers are upset, shit hits the fan. then its up to the management if you are "soft-lying" to your costumers or try to reach a solution that makes them happy again. and how ma/ni behaves here is by far the worst case of custumer relation management i ever saw. basically they fuck up customers over a bug/wrong mgmt decision THEY made.

ive been away 7 yrs now and started again in may. some things obviously never change.
sad.

now flame on :laugh:

For a common easy lvl 0 mob, the buffs were unbalanced, particularly if you compare it to others of that level. Proof of this was the vast numbers of resellers there taming 30+ of them to sell on. I guess there has to be a balance or PPs could all easily release things out with the norms that could cause chaos to the economy.

As for why wasn’t this stopped before release, both the Lara and Cara are bugged. Maybe it’s something as simple as Lara has caras buffs. There is also to Lara mission bugged, which seems they were originally an unrepeatable mission reward, which would have limited their numbers. However as this was bugged they made a quick fix.

I heard in rookie/NI chat, and now on here, the rumour that this is all Sophie/leprechaun/oratan owners fault for doing support cases , yet I haven’t heard of a single owner of these pets who has complained. I know it’s all very pitchforks at the moment but being mad at your fellow players for something they didn’t do is silly.

Last edited:
...this facebook post of NI-representatives could not be taken serious.
its not like you implement a feature in a software without checking all dependencies and given the fact that real money is involved this is even more sad that they obviously have no / bad communications with MA at all.

Fully agree. There is no real forum, this facebook page is a joke. The NI development has just become ridiculous. These new robot pets are poorly and cheaply designed, just pieces of crap that are an embarrassment for EU. The buff story is grotesque.

Some players (not official representatives) have been discretly promoting NI for quite a long time now, obviously because they have some "secret" interest to do so. I would like to know who really manages NI in a such irresponsible and incompetent way.

For a common easy lvl 0 mob, the buffs were unbalanced, particularly if you compare it to others of that level. Proof of this was the vast numbers of resellers there taming 30+ of them to sell on. I guess there has to be a balance or PPs could all easily release things out with the norms that could cause chaos to the economy.

As for why wasn’t this stopped before release, both the Lara and Cara are bugged. Maybe it’s something as simple as Lara has caras buffs. There is also to Lara mission bugged, which seems they were originally an unrepeatable mission reward, which would have limited their numbers. However as this was bugged they made a quick fix.

I heard in rookie/NI chat, and now on here, the rumour that this is all Sophie/leprechaun/oratan owners fault for doing support cases , yet I haven’t heard of a single owner of these pets who has complained. I know it’s all very pitchforks at the moment but being mad at your fellow players for something they didn’t do is silly.

dont get me wrong here, bonnie .. im not mad at any players. its just a fact that MA/NI/Whoever made a clearly mistake that has dependencies. add poor comunication and angry players (ofc it is time and money involved) and viola there we are.

i was there, i saw the line, i saw the ppl farming them like crazy .. knowing (or not) that this is a bug.
i assumed that it is not by intend (read the mission text and you know how it should be) and that something like we have now will follow (because im here since 2005 maybe :tongue2: )

i dont know theyr technical standards but WHY tf didnt they just stop this shit (with a hotfix fe.) when the bug came to surface, instead of letting ppl farm and in the aftermath risk this shit here. i just dont get it.
its now how much days since the last VU ?

Back