PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: Codex concerns

  1. #51
    Prowler Lefty's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy's Spaceship Afterworld
    Avatar
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Posts
    1,547
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Inferno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regarding the attribute tokens ... Cyrene and Toulan are a good source of them, how about we leave calypso for a season and emigrate? If there were enough players on those two planets, the thing would be fantastic there ...
    I'm in! I was wondering what planets I'd spice up my experience with once I move to my long-planned new home (Arkadia)
    .... just one man's opinion

  2. #52
    Alpha Spacejanitor's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Avatar
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Posts
    535
    Images
    76

    Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

  3. #53
    Elite
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Avatar
    Herco Coz Mann
    Posts
    4,212
    Images
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by GradenFoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL good point I meant "At one sitting"
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

  4. #54
    Mature
    Joined
    Jan 2018
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    France
    Avatar
    overtime luck nicolas
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Posts
    52
    Images
    11
    here again the solution is simple but I know that writing here is like talking to the wind.

    personally I find advantages to codex, for cons I regret the missions with attributes in reward so I went hunting on arkadia and it is true that I like to choose the mobs according to the type of skill offered as a reward.
    => the codex is boring.

    !"" "It would be nice if blocked skills are also offered as a reward.
    it would be nice for arkadia IFNs to offer 5 types of skills and not 2 only. "" "


    the solution to please everyone is to offer players the choice to join the codex for a mob or not; if i prefer to stay on classic irons for a mob then the codex will be disabled for this mob and will not progress.
    I regret for example to know that I will not have access to stage 5 iron for some mob and not to have access to the gold on the atrox.

    why not allow us to juggle the codex and the irons?

    why not have pursued in the way of the iron then bronze then gold and why not diamond then; there was a satisfaction, a real challenge to get to the end.
    => the codex offers no satisfaction.

    the challenges that came after the irons, counted in point and not kill was the ideal system ..
    and having reached the end of the goings and challenges, there was a repetitive mission; all this was ideal, just some adjustments on the rewards and a better follow-up by refreshing the iron by bronze then gold ... would have been enough

    finally, I repeat it, for my part, it is simple instead of waiting for MA and speaking in the void, henceforth I chase on arkadia; goodbye calypso.

  5. #55
    Prowler Miles's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Avatar
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Posts
    1,213
    Blog Entries
    92
    Images
    362
    Let's remember that there is a technical reason for this change as well. MA stated that the current system has huge, unanticipated performance overhead now that so many avatars have so many open missions.

    Remember the first mission chain? Run around the lake for your orange hat - that system was not built to handle the current situation of Iron missions for so many mobs, for so many players. They were simply piled onto the original mission/quest system until it couldn't take any more - otherwise we'd have Iron missions for every mob long ago.

    The codex is designed just for this scenario.

    Peace, Miles
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.
    Albert Bartlett

  6. #56
    That's a good Idea!
    I was going to Arkadia Moon quite a bit, but got the Aurli fever.
    Trying to get more cave stuff and work my way up to Brood of All.
    Wish they had spent more time designing the planets.
    All the ATMs TPs and buildings pale in comparison to Calypso.
    Will have to explore the planet some more..
    Rock on to the Moon!!

  7. #57
    Elite
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Avatar
    Herco Coz Mann
    Posts
    4,212
    Images
    89
    Honestly some of the people. Quit complaining about this, that and the other thing. IT IS FREE and helps one increase his/her skills FOR NOTHING, does not cost a thing. If you don't like then don't press the button to open it, I mean really, get a life.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

  8. #58
    Mature
    Joined
    Jan 2018
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    France
    Avatar
    overtime luck nicolas
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Posts
    52
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly some of the people. Quit complaining about this, that and the other thing. IT IS FREE and helps one increase his/her skills FOR NOTHING, does not cost a thing. If you don't like then don't press the button to open it, I mean really, get a life.
    honestly, if you have a problem with the players, I'm talking about players not mourners, who want to have a satisfying gaming experience and the height of their commitment in time (I play since 2004) and financial.
    Why is it a problem to share experience feedback and make suggestions knowing that at the base, MA should communicate to the pre-limable of a major change and why not do surveys.
    when do you see an exchange between MA and us, player and payer?

    so yes as you say, it's all without flinching or break, and in this we can see that in our friends list, there are alas many and too much who choose to break it; is it a solution for you?

  9. #59
    Elite BlackHawk's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Bucharest
    Avatar
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Posts
    3,911
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly some of the people. Quit complaining about this, that and the other thing. IT IS FREE and helps one increase his/her skills FOR NOTHING, does not cost a thing. If you don't like then don't press the button to open it, I mean really, get a life.
    There are people that for any problem they find a solution, and others, for any solution they find a problem. They can only be unhappy and rage over whatever gives them a glimpse of motivation. For a moment, you get to blame the world for something and that way, you get to feel better about yourself.

    There are reasons for why things are the way they are. A way to move forward is to enjoy things as they are and make the best of it. Complaining about everything won't do any good anyway, because the only reasonable thing for anyone is to ignore it.

    It is one to give constructive suggestions or criticism, another to cry and want the universe to just be different.
    When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Is just hard on the others.
    Same when you're stupid.

  10. #60
    Elite
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Arizona
    Avatar
    Herco Coz Mann
    Posts
    4,212
    Images
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by flipflap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    honestly, if you have a problem with the players, I'm talking about players not mourners, who want to have a satisfying gaming experience and the height of their commitment in time (I play since 2004) and financial.
    Why is it a problem to share experience feedback and make suggestions knowing that at the base, MA should communicate to the pre-limable of a major change and why not do surveys.
    when do you see an exchange between MA and us, player and payer?

    so yes as you say, it's all without flinching or break, and in this we can see that in our friends list, there are alas many and too much who choose to break it; is it a solution for you?
    Re-read the OP, that to me is not constructive criticism, IMO , it is gripping that is not the way it should be and game is going to die because of it.

    Case in point

    "This new system is lazy and bland, and offers no excitement to me the player. MA is lazy, the coding is lazy and I despise it as a customer to get such a downgrade in the mission system overall without any feedback from the people who actually play the game."

    Interesting use of the word in red above ME, but then acts as thought he is speaking for everyone by using the "people" in the last sentence.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook