Codex concerns

The codex missions give a lot of skill reward and are relatively cheap to finish. The TT loss these days is way lower than it used to be. I am not saying that it is free. I am saying that it is not as expensive to reach level 100 as it was back in the day.
The result of having the codex as it is, will have some implications for the new players. They won't appreciate those advantages, because they don't know any better, but there are advantages none the less.

My highest Codex Rank is 16 on Ambus, I think I killed roughly 1500 to get there. If I remember correctly I got 5 PED in skills for the last reward. All in all I probably got around 20PED in skills on Ambus, which would be roughly the same as with the old So far it does not look to me that I get just get a smaller payout more frequently

One advantage is that you get the rewards and that makes you unlock skills a lot faster. You get to put skills in the unlocked ones and unlock all for less effort. It still takes a lot of time to reach level 100, but it will probably be 3-4 times less than it used to be.
Dont know when you hit 100, but I would assume it was way before Loot2.0, probably before the attack rebalancing and maybe even before the high health regain was even introduced but more likely before the skill nerf around 2009.
There was a time when one got a killb bonus in skills, which I have not seen in years.
There was a time when suitable guns were dropping left and right in loot and we also had a high diversity in crafted guns (the latter can not be crafted anymore, because the components stopped dropping).
There was a time when you could really hunt Aurlis and Kreltins in Gremlin at low levels, survive and get a shitload of evade (with low levels I mean Evader around 20 and Hunting around 40).
I think you may have forgotten how much easier it was in "the good old days" to level.
I have been playing the last two years way more regularly than the years before, but even with an average of 30 hours per week I only got from Level 60 to almost 75...and unlocking Commando helped a lot in that.The mission rewards from the irons, bronze and silver and gold helped maybe 10%.
To get to level 100 I would need around 7000 PED in skills or from the progress of the last two years another 5-6 years. So unless rank 26 does offer a few K Peds in Skills for killing 10k mobs (lets say Atrox), I do not see myself at level 100 in the next 1-2 years.

The impact in the economy is that more people will have the opportunity to use items of high level. Note that having a high level does not mean that it is a good idea to use items for that level. But people will, because if you can do something stupid, is likely that you will.

Having a class of items every 5 levels is good enough. More diversity than that is detrimental to the game, because even as it is, there is no markup in the game anymore. The way to have markup is to have scarcity. If you are smart, you deal with that and take advantage of the way things are, instead of complaining that the things are that way.

Sorry, but why is that so ?
Do you really think it is fun to hunt with the same gun all the time for months on and on ?
Burn 100 until you can finally use the next ?
Below level 60 one has at least some choices to choose inbetween, above ther is only Armatrix (except those rarely dropping Pirons at around 67?)
And frankly....if something is scarce and really costly, I do not buy it.
One can make money from luxury objects, but most moneys has allways been and allways will be in mass production and small margins.

Having items at levels above 100 is needed, especially if items of level 150-160 will be way better than the ones at lower levels. That will encourage people to skill up to those levels and even chip up to those levels. The result will be that skills will begin to have a market value again. I expect them to implement that, but not in the near future, because I do not see this as a priority for MA. They just want the game to be playable for as many people as possible, and that means that the lower the overall markup in the game, the better it is for most people who are incapable to take advantage of the fact that there is markup in game. Basically, having less markup, makes the game a little cheaper for idiots.

ohh...now your are insulting...
Basically having less markup makes the game become AFFORDABLE for those idiots (like me).
And since those idiots are the mayority of the playerbase (aka those that might bring in new players to become the new idiots). Paying 20 USD for a gun that last me 3 hours is just about the the idiot I am, but I am not braindead enough to pay 40USD for that (nor could my bankroll sustain it).
And yes...there is markup...you only have to be at the right level with the right outfit and have invested around 50k USD for it.

Baseline for me.....
The new Codex brings more frequent rewards on the cost of immersion.
I did not mind going somewhere around half of the planet after killing 10k Atrox and having a little chat. Most mission did not even require that anymore, mission terminal was enough.
Summed payouts are around the same and after a certain rank they are repeatable, most likely without attributes to choose from (the latter would have been a reason for me to do them again)
Not to mention, no more Wurmsteiger Cups.
All in all, for MA a system to be handled easier, dumbed down to a "kill x health of mob for rank" without any archievements for the players.
Unless the Codex brings some benefits (like more information on the mob, some infrequent buffs against the mob at higher ranks), I see no benefit. Killing x mobs may seem boring, but killing x mobs to get that 0.1 % progress is more boring (maybe they really messed up here and the thing with the PECs was meant to implented for the codex)

Sorry for going of topic, just wanted Blackhawk to know that he has forgotten the position of being below level 100 and what it takes to even become upper noob level .

Last edited:
It seems most people are generally happy with the new system. I have some concerns though and am not so hopeful.

I have a really hard time understanding where MA is coming from on this, I am certain the new management really has no comprehensive knowledge or play time in this game, and the people they rely on for suggestions, use bots.

Missions are a core part of the Entropia Experience, and so far missions have had a massive variety in what they offer the player. The variety has forced me to branch out and seek mobs, and importantly Land Areas I would never have considered otherwise. (which other customers have invested largely in mobs based on specific mob mission rewards, another major concern...those investors will vacate in short order with their money if the investment goes to shit)

As it stands, In the end people will be hunting 3-4 mobs only for the best cost on the repeatable, since skills are all the same, it would only matter which is cheapest.

This new system is lazy and bland, and offers no excitement to me the player. MA is lazy, the coding is lazy and I despise it as a customer to get such a downgrade in the mission system overall without any feedback from the people who actually play the game. Sure you might ask messi what he thinks but you are incredibly stupid to think that is an actual representative of the player base, in many cases its questionable he is even playing, only a fool would ignore the evidence that a single human being cannot possibly play that many hours in a week, let alone a year without major health problems or circumventing your own system. Also kind of interesting that messi was able to complete most of these repeatable attribute missions many many times, while 90% of the game has no idea they exist. You will end up forever locking the rest of the game from ever catching him, but perhaps that is ultimately the idea anyhow, lock in the players you want at the top.

My concerns dip into the other planets and plans from MA to change those rewards and progress. We have not seen any attributes so far. Does this mean that new players get the joy of realizing they will never ever have a chance to get caught up with stats one day? What possible motivation do they have to invest if they will forever be low stat/low skill gain players? Does this mean that specific repeatable missions which took a very long time to achieve will now disappear in favor of the same reward choices a new player has?

I have very little faith that MA is considering everything properly. I also have a high concern that these changes will drastically and negatively affect the game and its future.

I would have left long ago if not for the mission system that was in place. That is the way I climbed past most of the player base in a few short years, and all without a bot. Without that ability to overcome the rest with time and dedication, this game is pointless and has no future.

So, I am one of the people who is highly skeptical and quite concerned about the future of the game with this lazy codex in place of the very well thought out and balanced reward system we had. Same rewards is shitty, and lazy, no attributes is a concern for all. Hope they offer more improvements, but I am far from impressed, and quite upset they have to mess with it at all in all honesty. I feel bad for new players who will have a harder time getting the important attributes, and also for the land owners who invested in mobs with certain rewards, only to get 1 of 130 options for the same reward.

The ideas MA has coming out are neat in concept, but hurting the game. You guys are and have been wasting valuable time remodeling the look and feel of the game while focusing very little on the structure and mechanics of the game. Codex is a good example, you probably spend 1/10th the development time on the critical mission system than you did on the pointless camera system. These changes to look and feel are alienating more players than you seem to think it will attract.

Brilliant write up. I quit when this new mission system was first announced and know this is a massive downfall for the game. I popped back in to check it out and of course really disappointed at such a terrible system that is so far in the opposite direction of what an MMORPG stands for. To explore and find great missions to become stronger.

Also not being able to complete the old iron missions was a slap in the face. You should be able to finish and pick up the next stages.

This turn in lazy development reminds me what killed Retail World of Warcraft. Seems MA is following in those footsteps but be warned, Blizzard had to introduce the original game from 15 years ago to satisfy the customers. So I play Classic WoW now the game i played in 2004 as it is a far superior game compared to its 2019 version that no one likes.

At some point MA will need to reintroduce the old game again, why? Its really simple it was better!

I never thought Entropia would go down the dark road of other MMOs and implement changes ruining the game, I was wrong. I miss the times where you knew what you were going to get.

Makes me regret all the time invested in this game. I will pop in to say hi to friends because that is the one good thing that came out of it. However this game has gotten incredible worse since 2017. Why even play anymore? I love MMORPGs and this doesn't feel like it. Maybe I should be happy, saves me money and time of the 16 hour days i used to do skillin.

This current direction of the game is garbage and I haven't deposited in a year and will never again until they get back to the what the game used to represent. This is embarrassing for MA, they should feel bad about it. Great game died but won't be forgotten.

Thanks Abomb

Last edited:
My question is the following:
Will there be at some level atributes tokens as reward or only skill ?
I might missed some info so maybe someone can help me.
If atributes points are not rewarded that sucks big time , especially because of the stamina . Others you can skill doing various professions.

at least they don't ban players for supporting/not supporting rl events like blizzard(those dooshes) i think the game is getting better by far. and i think its a misconception to call this MMORCE an MMORPG.

If atributes points are not rewarded that sucks big time , especially because of the stamina . Others you can skill doing various professions.

You can still grind attribute tokens from 1)active old mission stages you had on Caly, and 2) missions still going on all other planets. luckily the best attribute token missions are outside of Caly. Run and grab them while you can (or just unlock mission stages until MA adds codex to all PP).

You can still grind attribute tokens from 1)active old mission stages you had on Caly, and 2) missions still going on all other planets. luckily the best attribute token missions are outside of Caly. Run and grab them while you can (or just unlock mission stages until MA adds codex to all PP).

Well if somebody doesn’t have enough time to grind 15h per day and also not 100k ped in card to hunt without giving a duck , is quite difficult, I am grinding the remaining missions and tbh I’m quite addicted to Calypso and I don’t like to much the other planets (many reasons here ) I would like to see that some missions give some atributes as reward , like lvl 1 - 1 atributes token lvl 26 maybe 50 atribute tokens. It will be nice

This!!! :lolup:

It's the lack of creativity that bothers me the most!!
Where are the creative people who created this cool work of art known as Entropia Universe?
At first I was so disappointed that I stopped playing.
I just didn't think It would happen here so fast.
I stopped making deposits.
I started selling stuff, and I had not tried to sell anything before this on the broker.
But of course I took the Ped from the sales and kept working on the daily crafting quests.
I took the Ped from those and went out and started hunting.

I still have some Iron missions I'm doing, and mining and crafting are still intact.
I went out on the weekend and did a bunch of events and the love started to come back.
I found out that I could just not look at it. It is really gross. I call it the Kotex.
I hate to think that I will never get to do a silver, or a bronze mission or talk to an NPC again.
I hate the percentage countdown that looks like the mayhem tracker.
I hate the glowing red progress bar.
I don't track anything from it on my screen.
I hate how big it is.
I hate the background.
I hate the ugly color of the creatures in it.
I hate that you can't adjust the size.

As far as getting experience from it, well you start to realize that in the beginning your not getting squat for exp anyway unless your really inexperienced.
So as far as getting an advantage from having both old and new no big deal.
For those who think running around to get the first 6 rounds of every creature on the planet seems like a waste of time.

So what would make me like it??
First off put some dam artwork around it!
Like around the loot windows.
Do you still have artists in your employment?
Make backgrounds behind the mobs in their natural habitats.
Add some color besides that ugly brown.
Add some sounds to it when you open the window to the mob.
Instead of the instant WOW reward put the NPCs back in the game and make us go see them to get it.
Have the NPCs give out the big ones and anyone who don't like to do them can do whatever it is they want to do.
I hate this forced participation scam...
Make it so I can choose to do it or not.

Like I said
I'm just going to forget it exists and collect my experience every time it dings and that's it.
It's embarrassing.
The worst, most lazy ugly code release I'v ever seen in a game.
And the question remains Why???

Ok I need to stop thinking about this it makes me sick.
I'm gonna log back in and slice Atrax up into little pieces till I can use my looted swords.
Please don't wreck anything else.
Rock!

What the hell you laughing like a cow at a fence ?

While your very impolite post should not merit a response I am feeling generous today. :)

Grinding missions that reward attribute tokens were the only thing that kept me playing. I also would like to know how we are supposed to gain attributes now that the codex rewards don't seem to contain any attribute tokens. What were they thinking? Are we missing something?

While your very impolite post should not merit a response I am feeling generous today. :)

Grinding missions that reward attribute tokens were the only thing that kept me playing. I also would like to know how we are supposed to gain attributes now that the codex rewards don't seem to contain any attribute tokens. What were they thinking? Are we missing something?

They are thinking, just not about us the players. That is what we are missing. We think they will implement ideas with the player in mind and that just isn't the case. They are implementing what is best and easiest for them. Also cheapest. So instead of paying devs to give us an awesome new mission system they saved time and money to install something a 5th grader could draw up with crayons. Im not even trying to be hard on them, the codex is literally that bad.

I am with you in that I do missions for the most important reward in the game which are attributes and to target specific skill rewards. The reason we grind 4 or 5 stages is to get to that final awesome reward. Now it's gone so no reason to grind any stages. The old 10k kill mission with bronze and very unique rewards meant you had incentives to do them. Now the incentives are all gone. Having so many stages with boring rewards each time doesn't get you excited to complete a mission chain. The rewards each stage should be exponentially better and that drives you to finish iron missions. Now every mob is the same boring reward. Midaswell just hunt kerbs or whatever with no incentive to ever hunt anything else. What a terrible step for an MMORPG that is supposed to be an adventure!

Furthermore land owners are screwed. I was on the early stages of Sumima a great attribute mission chain. Now it's gone and I will never hunt that mob again or visit that LA. I never got to the older maturity atrox missions which was good for the Atrox LAs. Now all the missions to kill certain maturities are gone and again, I now will never go and hunt on these LA again. No reason too.

It's sad that so little went into thinking about the investors and players of this game when they produced this codex. I guess we shouldn't be shocked though. If they cared they wouldn't of done it in the first place. So it's doubtful they will fix it.

We can only hope they don't ruin other planets with codex. Hope planet partners unite vs such a garbage system. The mission systems on other planets are far superior than this codex because actual thought and imagination was put into it.

I wonder if MA will ever take real feedback?

Last edited:
If there are 5 people on the forum complaining, that does not make the system bad. People complain because they have personal expectations that are not achievable. There are always people that want something else, whatever you put in front of them.
Codex is great for all the new players. Also, it makes it easier to speed skill up in a profession to unlock skills. Also, is easy to use and you do not need to do anything special to take advantage of the rewards.
Obviously, lots of people have no idea what to choose as a reward and make pointless choices, so they see no benefit of this system, but that does not make the system bad.
Players most affected are those at high skill level, because skills will not be as rewarding anymore. Other than that, people will be able to hunt whatever they want, whenever they want, and once in a while, get a reward for it. No strings attached. That is great, because you can focus on whatever mob is more profitable at a time, instead of grinding on a specific mission chain. Again, the fact that people fail to identify what is better to hunt at a point in time, is not the fault of anyone.
Codex is the best thing that happened in EU not because of what it is now, but because of what will allow to develop in future. It is, if you want, an architectural decision.
There are no attributes rewards in Codex. That does not mean that attributes will never be awarded in different ways. Codex is not the end of development. However, they can have a way to award attributes in a smart and controlled way.

Codex will impact the economy in different ways. Ways new players can't see at this point. The result of the way things are implemented is that people will need more crafted items at different skill levels, making crafting an interesting profession. That in turn, will make mining and hunting interesting, because it will drive up the markup on different items. It will not happen over night tho. I expect to see the results in about 1-2 years.

All in all, the changes to EU are on a positive trend. Life for new players is easier than it has ever been. The cost to play is a lot easier to manage. (I am not saying that is cheap, because it can be expensive for some people or free for others)

Didn't mean to post. :(

Peace, Miles

I have finished a lot of mission chains on caly and since finished have not hunted them mobs again ...it is refreshing to hunt these mobs again for the 1st time in what 5yrs or more?....bet some LA owners happy bout that.

Finished chains include spiders falx feff LT 5+ times levi mulman plongu prot rex scip sumina and about the same amount of other mobs almost finished....the new codex opens up a whole lotta fun for me :)

I don't think Im alone in saying I would like to see every mob that is on a player owned LA removed from MA free to hunt areas

MA should be less greedy and let their biggest investors have some fair play ….its just so wrong of MA to sabotage people who spend 10s of thousands US dollars forcing LAs prices and income down ...I don't think I need to give examples coz us the players know already wat MA have done and continue to do.

How about for every free MA mob they delete replace that mob with a brand new free mob until DNA is discovered and so on ...its a win for all not just MA then

MA want peeps to deposit and I don't think there is a better way to get investors involved with large sums on cash

Im posting here but also gonna start a new thread with this I think

Just one thing: Who pays the tax on taxed land? The hunter/miner, right? That's the thinking that leads hunters/miners to avoid taxed land areas completely. My thinking on it - maybe just me - is that the tax on taxed LAs needs to come out of MA's pocket in order to make land owning a meaningful investment.

Just one thing: Who pays the tax on taxed land? The hunter/miner, right? That's the thinking that leads hunters/miners to avoid taxed land areas completely. My thinking on it - maybe just me - is that the tax on taxed LAs needs to come out of MA's pocket in order to make land owning a meaningful investment.

I think a player owned land area has always been to host a mob that is unique or mining areas that have unique or high mu ores and enmats

The player owned land area can cost a lot to maintain hence the taxes

The hunter or miner pays the tax to try to loot the unique or the high mu items if they wants to...or they can hunt trox and get no mu on anything ever for example :)

I think it was and still is a great system...just needs a bit of stability and commonsense from a certain games company

Way too much to read all the posts. Having said that I would like to give a view. The OP goes into great detail but forgets one thing, this is just a game and I don't think most could not even begin to make a living from it, and if you don't like it then don't play, end of story. Myself I love the game and play it nearly every day. When I first started I had just retired and it was like going to work but much more fun. I even played close to 26 hours one day to finish an argo mission. I Did stop for about 2 years after the 2010 VU to the Cry engine because I didn't like what was done but other than that I have played nearly every single day. I have played, like I said every day for about 10 years (started in 2007 this month) I, in just the last couple of months finally hit 100 damage and hit in laser pistol and though it took 10 years I pretty much loved all the playing.

Finally, as I said, if you don't like the game, quit, because all of the dissecting will not change way MA does things.

Just my opinion no offense meant :)

Looks like the repeatable mission starts automatically.

I still have some IRON IV and V missions. I'm working on those at the same time. If the old system can still exist with this new system up, why do they have to get rid of it?? I'm upset because I only started playing this year and I will never get the chance to do bronze.. etc. We should get IRON missions after you complete the Cotex crap. Congratulations you have completed the retard missions!! Please report to Capt X at Camp XXX to receive an Iron Mission etc.. Why so freaking lame with no interaction. Everything in the game should be made to play with some kind of goal or progression. That's why they call it a Video game... Some of us do LOVE to grind! That's why we play!. for those who don't like to, you should be able to opt out! For those of us that do, give us back our BIG GRIND missions!!

Regarding the attribute tokens ... Cyrene and Toulan are a good source of them, how about we leave calypso for a season and emigrate? If there were enough players on those two planets, the thing would be fantastic there ...

I even played close to 26 hours one day...

412KBzQPclL._SY355_.jpg

Regarding the attribute tokens ... Cyrene and Toulan are a good source of them, how about we leave calypso for a season and emigrate? If there were enough players on those two planets, the thing would be fantastic there ...

And Ark. After finishing the old missions on Caly I will sure as hell leave Caly until they fuck up the missions of the other planets too. Hopefully that will take a while.

I'm in! I was wondering what planets I'd spice up my experience with once I move to my long-planned new home (Arkadia)

here again the solution is simple but I know that writing here is like talking to the wind.

personally I find advantages to codex, for cons I regret the missions with attributes in reward so I went hunting on arkadia and it is true that I like to choose the mobs according to the type of skill offered as a reward.
=> the codex is boring.

!"" "It would be nice if blocked skills are also offered as a reward.
it would be nice for arkadia IFNs to offer 5 types of skills and not 2 only. "" "

the solution to please everyone is to offer players the choice to join the codex for a mob or not; if i prefer to stay on classic irons for a mob then the codex will be disabled for this mob and will not progress.
I regret for example to know that I will not have access to stage 5 iron for some mob and not to have access to the gold on the atrox.

why not allow us to juggle the codex and the irons?

why not have pursued in the way of the iron then bronze then gold and why not diamond then; there was a satisfaction, a real challenge to get to the end.
=> the codex offers no satisfaction.

the challenges that came after the irons, counted in point and not kill was the ideal system ..
and having reached the end of the goings and challenges, there was a repetitive mission; all this was ideal, just some adjustments on the rewards and a better follow-up by refreshing the iron by bronze then gold ... would have been enough

finally, I repeat it, for my part, it is simple instead of waiting for MA and speaking in the void, henceforth I chase on arkadia; goodbye calypso.

Let's remember that there is a technical reason for this change as well. MA stated that the current system has huge, unanticipated performance overhead now that so many avatars have so many open missions.

Remember the first mission chain? Run around the lake for your orange hat - that system was not built to handle the current situation of Iron missions for so many mobs, for so many players. They were simply piled onto the original mission/quest system until it couldn't take any more - otherwise we'd have Iron missions for every mob long ago.

The codex is designed just for this scenario.

Peace, Miles

That's a good Idea!
I was going to Arkadia Moon quite a bit, but got the Aurli fever.
Trying to get more cave stuff and work my way up to Brood of All.
Wish they had spent more time designing the planets.
All the ATMs TPs and buildings pale in comparison to Calypso.
Will have to explore the planet some more..
Rock on to the Moon!! :yay:

Honestly some of the people. Quit complaining about this, that and the other thing. IT IS FREE and helps one increase his/her skills FOR NOTHING, does not cost a thing. If you don't like then don't press the button to open it, I mean really, get a life.

Honestly some of the people. Quit complaining about this, that and the other thing. IT IS FREE and helps one increase his/her skills FOR NOTHING, does not cost a thing. If you don't like then don't press the button to open it, I mean really, get a life.

honestly, if you have a problem with the players, I'm talking about players not mourners, who want to have a satisfying gaming experience and the height of their commitment in time (I play since 2004) and financial.
Why is it a problem to share experience feedback and make suggestions knowing that at the base, MA should communicate to the pre-limable of a major change and why not do surveys.
when do you see an exchange between MA and us, player and payer?

so yes as you say, it's all without flinching or break, and in this we can see that in our friends list, there are alas many and too much who choose to break it; is it a solution for you?

There are people that for any problem they find a solution, and others, for any solution they find a problem. They can only be unhappy and rage over whatever gives them a glimpse of motivation. For a moment, you get to blame the world for something and that way, you get to feel better about yourself.

There are reasons for why things are the way they are. A way to move forward is to enjoy things as they are and make the best of it. Complaining about everything won't do any good anyway, because the only reasonable thing for anyone is to ignore it.

It is one to give constructive suggestions or criticism, another to cry and want the universe to just be different.

honestly, if you have a problem with the players, I'm talking about players not mourners, who want to have a satisfying gaming experience and the height of their commitment in time (I play since 2004) and financial.
Why is it a problem to share experience feedback and make suggestions knowing that at the base, MA should communicate to the pre-limable of a major change and why not do surveys.
when do you see an exchange between MA and us, player and payer?

so yes as you say, it's all without flinching or break, and in this we can see that in our friends list, there are alas many and too much who choose to break it; is it a solution for you?

Re-read the OP, that to me is not constructive criticism, IMO , it is gripping that is not the way it should be and game is going to die because of it.

Case in point

"This new system is lazy and bland, and offers no excitement to me the player. MA is lazy, the coding is lazy and I despise it as a customer to get such a downgrade in the mission system overall without any feedback from the people who actually play the game."

Interesting use of the word in red above ME, but then acts as thought he is speaking for everyone by using the "people" in the last sentence.

Back