Codex concerns

In a realistic stand point. The codex system is a worthy investment into this game. Most of your "Ubers" or high level players have been here for about 10+ years unless they came into this game and dumped $5000-$20,000 right on the spot.

Free to play players have absolutely no chance in hitting uber levels. Hell, even someone like me who depos' around $500 a month barely gets any ground.

I started about 4 years ago but i wasnt consistant. The game wasnt new player friendly at all.

"Oh you ran out of ped for ammo? Guess youre going to have to sweat 40 hrs a week for 1 hour of hunting."

From an mmo aspect this was a grindfest like a korean style MMO. But reality this game was/is a money pit. There has been many talks of "Well if you cycle 234891279783 ped youll have a 94-95% return without including markup."

This is the thing. Most players do not have time to hurdle around this game for 10+ more years not knowing if it will still be around.

Players back in even 2010 even doubted this game would stick around. But look at it now.

The current player base consists of about 15% being ubers or high levels who already made the grind. 15% who are mid way trying to make it. Then the last 70% is pretty much all your new and F2P players who believe 1 ped is their entire life savings.

Most of your big ubers already cashed out and left the game. The new codex breaths fresh air in the illusion that maybe becoming an uber is possible without spending $5000-$20,000 or wasting 10 years on the maybe 5k ped drop.

I've played hundreds of MMOS and ive never seen more players quit a game than this due to the grind fest being tied to your wallet instead of actual game progression. The new codex system will bring that actual game progression back into store.

The whole "kill 30,000 of this creature" for petty rewards from an iron challenge was a waste of time and ped. I wanted to burn out my eyes even after doing the 10,000 puny challenge for only 00.39 evade. It was a complete joke.

In a realistic stand point. The codex system is a worthy investment into this game. Most of your "Ubers" or high level players have been here for about 10+ years unless they came into this game and dumped $5000-$20,000 right on the spot.

Free to play players have absolutely no chance in hitting uber levels. Hell, even someone like me who depos' around $500 a month barely gets any ground.

I started about 4 years ago but i wasnt consistant. The game wasnt new player friendly at all.

"Oh you ran out of ped for ammo? Guess youre going to have to sweat 40 hrs a week for 1 hour of hunting."

From an mmo aspect this was a grindfest like a korean style MMO. But reality this game was/is a money pit. There has been many talks of "Well if you cycle 234891279783 ped youll have a 94-95% return without including markup."

This is the thing. Most players do not have time to hurdle around this game for 10+ more years not knowing if it will still be around.

Players back in even 2010 even doubted this game would stick around. But look at it now.

The current player base consists of about 15% being ubers or high levels who already made the grind. 15% who are mid way trying to make it. Then the last 70% is pretty much all your new and F2P players who believe 1 ped is their entire life savings.

Most of your big ubers already cashed out and left the game. The new codex breaths fresh air in the illusion that maybe becoming an uber is possible without spending $5000-$20,000 or wasting 10 years on the maybe 5k ped drop.

I've played hundreds of MMOS and ive never seen more players quit a game than this due to the grind fest being tied to your wallet instead of actual game progression. The new codex system will bring that actual game progression back into store.

The whole "kill 30,000 of this creature" for petty rewards from an iron challenge was a waste of time and ped. I wanted to burn out my eyes even after doing the 10,000 puny challenge for only 00.39 evade. It was a complete joke.

hmmmm...so you mean getting attributes like AGI does not give you anything ? Do you know hard it is for to gain those points above 80 ? STA might just be fancy, but things like STR and PSY ?
And do you really think, that those "great" skill rewards now are for free?
The higher I go up the codex the worse my return gets. Might not be noticable on Punies or Kerberos, but it is definiately on lower medium level mobs like Leviathans, Aurlis, Kreltins.
And the relly bad thing is, you can not stop the codex mission..no way to drop, it is simply pushed in your throat until you puke.
Yeah right...great rewards....25PEDs in Laser Weaponry give me some lousy 25 points in skills, which gives me an awesome boost of 0.03 in ranged Laser....only takes me 15 hours to get it and saves me mabe 3hours, but again, from my return rates it would have been cheaper if I bought that 25PED Skill implant on auction.

And I think your percentages are way off...we got maybe 5% ubers, 60% around medium and the rest new players.
And as far as the money insert goes, I do not believe one bcomes an uber without inserting at least 150K...Skills alone will costs probably half of that, another 50K at least to have a halfway decent out fit and the rest is learning and making mistakes.
hell....according to your calculation I must be an uber now...inserted at least 30k till now :D
and all I have to show are my slightly above noob level 270K skills and highest profession on level 80...
Ah...and a bunch of shirts and towels

...and I really would like to know on what you spent those 500$ per months, can't be on those Kerberos....

Back