blueprint - type of residue on hoverover.

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
it'd be nice if on the blueprint mouse over thing that shows you ingredients, etc., that it would show the type of residue that that bp can use... especially on L bps you don't have enough residue for yet to up tt value to full amount... gets a little confusing when some can use all 3 types and others only one, etc. ... I think on some armor sets certain pieces in the same set actually use different types, etc.

Last edited:
it'd be nice if on the blueprint mouse over thing that shows you ingredients, etc., that it would show the type of residue that that bp can use.

Good idea :)

Really? Do you need that, when you already see the incredents you should know which residue can be used, as it is exactly all forms of the residue this BPs can drop.

People should learn that from their mentor, but well there is a lot of bad mentors out there who dont even know it themselves :)

Anyways it would make it easyer for new players who dont have a mentor or have a bad mentor, why not?

To expand on what Goni said, things that use skins and tailoring materials can drop tailoring remnants, Using crafted components means they can drop metal residue, using nanocubes means they can drop metal residue, using mineral ingots means they can drop metal residue, using enmatters means they can drop enmatter residue, using animal oils means they can drop oil residue, and using robot parts means they can drop robot component residue. Anything the item can drop can be used as residue for increasing the items tt value if applicable.

I disagree that it's straightforward and everyone should know it though as Goni suggested. I even probably missed some even though I have a pretty good knowledge of crafting. Most of them make logical sense, but some could be interpreted wrong like whether the nanocube is an enmatter or metal as an example. It should definitely be included on the BP what residue can be used IMO.

Good suggestion ! I will have disagree with Goni as well as it can get confusing for people who aren't crafting everyday and i think its an intuitive and practical addition to the interface.

I don't think type of residue is a decision factor when crafting full TT items for sell or use, but ofc it's easy to program. Original list is in crafting machine when BP is loaded.

For me personally huge improvement would be BP name search without that cluncky window

I don't think type of residue is a decision factor when crafting full TT items for sell or use, but ofc it's easy to program. Original list is in crafting machine when BP is loaded.

For me personally huge improvement would be BP name search without that cluncky window

The margins can make a big difference long term. If you have the ability to use any other residue vs metal residue. The price between animal oil residue or robot component residue and metal residue often exceeds 1.5% and enmatter residue is almost always <.5% cheaper than metal res. Those margins can mean a lot when the majority of an items total value is made up with residue.

The margins can make a big difference long term. If you have the ability to use any other residue vs metal residue. The price between animal oil residue or robot component residue and metal residue often exceeds 1.5% and enmatter residue is almost always <.5% cheaper than metal res. Those margins can mean a lot when the majority of an items total value is made up with residue.

Thats absolutely true!

Sidenote:

If you have a BP in the crafting mashine you can see what optional residue can be used as you can select/deselect all possible Res and you also can select/change the order in which existing Res should be used.

Its not hard to find out how that works even for new players.

Sidenote:

If you have a BP in the crafting mashine you can see what optional residue can be used as you can select/deselect all possible Res and you also can select/change the order in which existing Res should be used.

Its not hard to find out how that works even for new players.

The boxes only appear if you currently have the residue. If you keep one of every residue type you can use this method. I think the big problem here is more of a player not being able to know what residue can be used without actually owning the blueprint or knowing about which materials make what residues. This can be a problem for someone who is deciding what blueprints to consider buying. A good mentor would give their disciple one of every residue so they can check at the machine for any bp they already own, but I seriously doubt most mentors even know that is the requirement needed for the check boxes to appear.

Back