Seasonal boxes being converted to the most recent year.

lethal

Prowler
lethal jewgirl saint
I have mixed feelings on this because I liked the ability to have a chance at looting a ring from 3 years ago in a box, but there are also benefits to making items exclusively looted only in one time frame. Something that I think needs to be addressed and changed though is that box items are sometimes being looted before they should be IMO. For instance a Halloween 2019 ring was looted today, but a Halloween 2019 box hasn't dropped yet.

I've checked my DEX and the word I could associate it is : Huge incompetence.

This should be considered an exploit IMO

edit: in saying that, its not the avatars fault, its MA, but they should fix this asap

edit 2: they should go back to year named boxes, that way they can control the loot for each box

This should be considered an exploit IMO

edit: in saying that, its not the avatars fault, its MA, but they should fix this asap

edit 2: they should go back to year named boxes, that way they can control the loot for each box

Yeah, if they named the boxes by year this would fix the potential scamming someone could do by trying to sell a current box and saying it's last year's box. IDR if they actually named them in the past, but it's definitely a fix. There have a been a lot of claims about having really high chances to loot a ring from the prior year if you save your boxes until the next year, so maybe if this had some truth to it, then that's what caused them to convert all boxes to the most recent variant initially. Seems unlikely, but I can't come up with many other reasons. If this was the case though they could fix it by either manually adding a specific amount of rings to the loot pool, or by having ring drops return to the pool dynamically based on how many boxes are being opened.

Last edited:
Yeah, if they named the boxes by year this would fix the potential scamming someone could do by trying to sell a current box and saying it's last year's box. IDR if they actually named them in the past, but it's definitely a fix. There have a been a lot of claims about having really high chances to loot a ring from the prior year if you save your boxes until the next year, so maybe if this had some truth to it, then that's what caused them to convert all boxes to the most recent variant initially. Seems unlikely, but I can't come up with many other reasons. If this was the case though they could fix it by either manually adding a specific amount of rings to the loot pool, or by having ring drops return to the pool dynamically based on how many boxes are being opened.

There is no this year or last year boxes, they are all the same. MindArk added 2019 ring early to the loot pool this year. Bad for those who only open their own boxes and have none left, good for box hoarders and resellers. As far as I know, no previous year ring has been looted when new ring replace the last year ring.

Congratz to the looter, but is wrong to have the item dropping before the event even started.

Like, the looter could, if he/she would have some graphical skills, make a thread with nice pics showcasing the Halloween 2019 ring. Before MindArk.

It's embarrassing.

There is no this year or last year boxes

I am pretty sure the first editions were confined to respective year & event and were even named so. And then, iirc, they had Christmas rings dropping from last year during this year (was it 2015s looted in 2016? Do I have fake memories?), because they can't stop people hoarding them.

What they should have done is to restrict the opening process itself to the event window, but heyy..

It's incompetence from MA's side.

New rings should start dropping - and old stop dropping - the moment the Mayhem event starts. Simple as that. How hard can it be to make this happen?

just make em time limited. Don't open in 90 days and bingo they turn in to shrapnel.

Loot boxes and whole system for it was never meant to be for someone to hold boxes for decades imho.

Boxes are not tied to year, they drop the seasonal ring that is active in the content table of the seasonal box, this is confirmed by support.

But to put new ring in the table weeks before the Event starts....

Anyone managed to get the stats from the Hallo 19 ring that dropped? So its not 2018 ring renamed.....

Boxes are not tied to year, they drop the seasonal ring that is active in the content table of the seasonal box, this is confirmed by support.

But to put new ring in the table weeks before the Event starts....

Anyone managed to get the stats from the Hallo 19 ring that dropped? So its not 2018 ring renamed.....

Yeah, you're right. I was under the impression that people were saving boxes for a year or more in hopes of having a better chance at the last year's ring, but once the next edition of the ring has come out, no previous editions have ever been found. It's hard to keep up with fact checking all of the rumors that swirl around with this game.

BTW Halloween 2019 ring stats are: Left hand, 10% run speed, 1% lifesteal, 3% reload speed, 16% increased critical damage, and 1.8% critical chance

Yeah, you're right. I was under the impression that people were saving boxes for a year or more in hopes of having a better chance at the last year's ring, but once the next edition of the ring has come out, no previous editions have ever been found. It's hard to keep up with fact checking all of the rumors that swirl around with this game.

BTW Halloween 2019 ring stats are: Left hand, 10% run speed, 1% lifesteal, 3% reload speed, 16% increased critical damage, and 1.8% critical chance

I thought you said the ring was worse than H18 lol. Pretty Comparable :D

I thought you said the ring was worse than H18 lol. Pretty Comparable :D

Nah, was Wild3mon who said that. I just shared the stats because Failivrin asked.

Back