Suggestion: Just a stupid idea for the future of entropia

thestupidone

Young
The Stupid One
Longevity Of Entropia, the ingame VR tournament plan.

First off, let's just just start with the fact that I'm not sure if something like this has ever been written before.
Also, I'm rather bad with words so just think of this as the concept plan I can actually form with words,
so feel free to add, edit or remove anything. (Also I've not played for that long so might miss some parts about the game)

We've all felt it, how the MU's are shrinking and the TT ratios we get back feels to get smaller
(or I used to have more luck, I don't know)
Some people are saying that Entropia has seen the golden days (I think they might still be ahead of us)
So I was thinking of how MA is going to make the game last forever, and I think I might have come with an idea that might fix it.

So the only way to increase MU on items is to make people buy and consume more for a markup.
And adding patches and events are good temporary ways to fix this but in the long run who is going to pay for all the MU?
"just add a seasonal competition mode where people only could use (L) items, and only loots Ped, and then reset the characters every year"
But who the f... would play such a mode (except the most hardcore players ofc)

Then I started thinking out a plan, a long one.
Let's start with making a few ground rules made up, I know they are not correct but let's not take a doctorate in loot theory aye?
Loot return is NOW (before this concept) 95% and 5% to shareholders and fertilizer or whatever. (No I know it's not but let's work with this number...)
MA got ALL the planet partners to agree to do this. (this is for a long and better future for ALL the game, including all their planets)
MA agrees not to take ANY profits or never sell off or use any of the equity generated in this concept before the game is dead, like really dead. (you'll understand later)
MA agrees to keep everything about this completely see trough so we know we're not getting getting scammed.
This works considering MAs taxes and stuff like that.
This is a slow process that might that a long time to implement and execute.

So what's the plan? A VR tournament that goes for 11 months, once per year.
Having a spacebase somewhere where people can buy their yearly "VR headset" wich gives them acces to this years tournament.
(all of the price of the headset goes to "yearly prizes")
They can then use the headset to teleport into the tournament, in wich they have a separate character at level 1 with a separate inventory (and storage).
Outside somewhere on every planet there is a place to access this storage and only (L) items, Ammo, skill implants and peds can deposited.
In the VR world loot distrubutions would be different then in the normal EU.
For those playing in here loot TT value returns would seem like outside, but only drop in PED and tickets.
That means 95% goes back to them as usual.

the remaining 5%? first skip all the "planet running fees"
This place consumes markup everyone can hunt for on the other planets.
move 4% into ticket wins (1% daily tickets, 1% weekly, 1% monthly, 1% yearly)
the remaining 1% move into realworld assets like S&P 500 indexes and other stuff like that.
Use the dividends paid from those assets and move them back into the game in the form of ticketprizes. (and ofc MA you can take a SMALL (1-2%) cut as a management fee)
then they could put maybe 2-3% to HOFs around the universe for all I care.

At the end of the day, pay out daily tickets daily, same with weekly and monthly.
Make sure that we can see the value of everyday amount cycled and value off the "fund" somewhere.
For the yearly have a portion of the prize pot split between most globals, biggest hofs, highest levels and stuff like that.
Stop the tournament stop at last December.
Then mid January every year orginize a "gala" where this years winners are anounced and all the yearly tickets paid out.
Have this livestreamed (Hey, free twitch commercial if we all watch it)
Then start a new season first Feb, where everyone is back to level 1.
(Wether to move all the skills aquired in the season to the main character or just remove them is up to MA I guess)

So what are the benefits I see this could bring?

For us:
(L) hunters able to hunt with same TT losses, but then get 80% of losses back in prize tickets with increasing profit potential in the future
UL hunters getting higher MU on their items due to more (L) items being burnt trough in the tournament. (and not selling the materials to make them either)
Newer players seeing the numbers of the prizepools and wanting a share of it, and having higher TT returns might make them stay.
A great social event every year, with a good mood and everyone having the possibility to win alot.
Crafters and miners having the demand of their products go up, making their lossess smaller.
Due to dividends being added to all the daily pools, alot of people are gonna make sure to get at least one or a few daily tickets.

For MA:
Increasing the longevity of the game by making this cover some of our losses.
If the game eventually dies out, they have all those funds making sure they could go public and have a good equity value, bringing up their shareprice.
Eventually increasing the amount hunted on all planets wich means more money cycled in the game.

Risks I see happening:

Reduced amount hunted on the other planets for a while
Loosing people to this place who completely stop hunting on other areas
Reducing their profit margins and might even make MA operate at a loss untill an rebalance of the hunt happen again.

I'm not very at explaining thing but core concept goes.
This might have been tought off before and shut down but it came to mind and didn't want to waste the tought.
Just my stupid idea.

So what's the plan? A VR tournament that goes for 11 months, once per year.
Having a spacebase somewhere where people can buy their yearly "VR headset" wich gives them acces to this years tournament.

With the current CE2 engine MA is using, there is almost no way to support VR. Also, not everyone (but the most hardcore, as you said) would use VR to play this game. There are tons of other games that utilize VR better and give better value for money than EU

With the current CE2 engine MA is using, there is almost no way to support VR. Also, not everyone (but the most hardcore, as you said) would use VR to play this game. There are tons of other games that utilize VR better and give better value for money than EU

shit, maybe should've made it clear that the vr part was just a part meant for the ingame "lore"
not an actuall VR thing.
like use an ingame vr headset to move in or out of the tournament.

Batsim didn't work...

Having people start over at level 1 after they spent millions of peds skilling to where they are won't make them happy I suspect.

A lot of this sounds like battle net seasons. U want that go over there....

Last edited:
shit, maybe should've made it clear that the vr part was just a part meant for the ingame "lore"
not an actuall VR thing.
like use an ingame vr headset to move in or out of the tournament.

and as mastermesh has said, even batsim does not work.

It's better to improve the overall game (cost-to-play, returns, gameplay, etc.) rather than branching to another genre.

and as mastermesh has said, even batsim does not work.

It's better to improve the overall game (cost-to-play, returns, gameplay, etc.) rather than branching to another genre.

I think it could work tough, with newer players that does not have theese extreme amount spent on skills, being able to play this, allowing them to cycle around more peds of (L) items due to loosing less TT value.

Even having just a few people playing here would start off the snowball effect bringing in even better returns for
future years, allowing those that do play here on to cycle even more (L) items.

for the people owning UL items or just having lotsa skills. , this is meant to increase their MU,
not give them something new to do.

I'd rather they return to the original lore than turn it into some sort of an arena or a leisure park.

What vr sets? It's the final frontier, it's dirt and blood and scarcity of everything and we are holding back the robots assault with the last of our strength.

What vr sets? It's the final frontier, it's dirt and blood and scarcity of everything and we are holding back the robots assault with the last of our strength.

And our lore-friendly viking swords and pink bunnies.

I think it could work though, ...

First of all, let me give a big thumbs up to the idea of having ideas :).
I try and quickly look at feasibility, possible advantages/disadvantages when I see ideas come up.

EU already has areas which can be thought of as VR within VR, or VsquaredR, such as Batsim, fort events, Ancient Greece, the Hub and the Mayhems. These have their own restrictions or benefits compared to the rest of EU.

So, your suggestion is, in effect, about having an area that is reset each year, with separate but linked avatars playing them. You have also tried to work in both restrictions and benefits (restrictions can be helpful too in game design).
Restrictions are that all avatars start at some base level and know they will be returned to that after 11 months. Also, only (L) stuff can be used. Presumably this means there would be a change (and rise) in what (L) is in demand over the year, from LR-10 to LR-40?, as these V2R avatars skill up, before being reset again.

This would have the effect of benefiting (L) sales back in the main bits of EU without outlawing unlimiteds, so a change of balance, but not absolute, ok. I didn't understand what you mean by tickets, at least not after reading through once... nor exactly how you want to deal with revenues going to MA (after all, they still need their incomes).

On another note to others, just because one thing fails - batsim - it doesn't mean something else has to if set up differently. This is why I would like to see a 'player toolbox instance' option, maybe in connection with land plots, for players to design (initially) simple instances with parameters to play with. I believe RT has something like that, but I've suggested the concept of instance 'levels' to play through for years. It would be nice if we could design some within a limited 3-D box space and criteria even for moving from one to another...

Anyway, nice OP, and good to see people thinking about the longer term lifetime of EU.

Edit: ok, I understand some of the finer details now. One or two observations:
I believe MA cannot payout peds anymore in loot (and had to remove even ammo as well and replace it with shrap) for 'gaming' reasons... but your plan is basically to have all-shrap loot then...

Your plan includes being able to send skill chips to your V2R character, but thinking about it, the skills would only enable people to increase turnovers and numbers of tickets they get. On a law of averages, I don't see a benefit of this embedded VR-world, however, except that losses will be less than outside by several percent. Players will have to buy the (L) stuff too, though, so that is a small added loss to players back in main EU. It could be that this world offers cheaper fun and thus be popular, I accept that, but can you explain why people would want to improve their skills there, especially why it would be worth chipping over?
Edit2 lol: ahh, unless you mean empty ESIs can be loaded into V2R storage from the main EU and some of the otherwise lost skills from resets can thus be rescued at the end of the year...

(This shows me your ideas are worth thinking about seriously, dear OP - two edits already!!!)

Last edited:
Why do so many people want to transform an RPG into a shooter, isn´t there enough shooters out there ?

First of all, let me give a big thumbs up to the idea of having ideas :).
I try and quickly look at feasibility, possible advantages/disadvantages when I see ideas come up.

Nice to see that you took oyour time and read it thoroughly, I appriciate it!

I think some stuff went missing due to me being bad at formulating the idea.
The "VR" part was just a "lore"/idea part, where our characters take on their vr headset and
move them into the "tournament world"

The main concept (trying to keep it short)
A longer tournament, where loot is split like this.
Only (L) items used and us starting as a new character each season,
95% back (or whatever is the normal amount)
4% split between daily, monthly and yearly raffletickets, each paid out seperatly (yearly adding to big reward like highest BLP sniper (hit) level or whatever)

And here is the important part wich I think noone picked up.
The last 1% MA takes and move into assets like index funds or bond funds.
Use dividends paid from theese funds and move them back into the game in the form of the raffle tickets.
MA could take a small management fee for this ofc, >2% should be plenty.
This would make it possible to maybe profit if noone else is hunting a certain day or just being lucky like allways,
and the more this goes on this would cause a snowball effect.

The hunters outside of the tournament then would need to keep them supplied with (L) items,
This would make both MA and planet partners their money rather then adding direclty from the hunt,
increasing all returns without them actually taking a cut from their % elsewhere.

*EDIT* So not RL us taking on our VR goggles, our ingame characters.

And here is the important part wich I think noone picked up.
The last 1% MA takes and move into assets like index funds or bond funds.
Use dividends paid from theese funds and move them back into the game in the form of the raffle tickets.
MA could take a small management fee for this ofc, >2% should be plenty.
This would make it possible to maybe profit if noone else is hunting a certain day or just being lucky like allways,
and the more this goes on this would cause a snowball effect.

Well, I picked up on it - but silently ;), for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, one percent is unlikely to be able to leverage anything usefully compared to the effort of implementation.

Secondly, players who have been around for a long time will remember tales of 'pink castles'. More recent 'investment areas', such as mobile games or the world of tokens, also don't seem to be an MA strongpoint. Essentially you are expecting MA to take some of our money and get real life mu out of it, then give us most of that mu back in prizes? Hmm... too much interaction with the real world there I think!

On what you wrote above, the only 'snowball' I know of that actually works is when there is a lottery roll-over and more people buy tickets the next week to try and win the larger jackpot. If nobody wins, the roll-over becomes even bigger (for a maximum of a few weeks) and the number of tickets bought 'snowballs'. Your suggestion seems to be different...

I do like the concept overall, however. I'm also in no way in principle against having areas of the game I don't visit such as batsim, if it is done well enough to get participants. It is when areas are introduced badly, screwed up or significantly affected by bugs and then allowed to die that I get annoyed.

Many areas of EU as it stands have reached pinacles of uselessness - I need not make a list. Personally I would prefer these to be fixed first, but like I said, I like the idea.

and monster trucks

and ferrari Quads

and slutty vixens

and luxury sport cars

Hey after a long hard day of fighting back the robots and monsters of this wild and savage frontier we are trying to colonize, I like to hop in my luxury sports car and drive through the wilderness back to my luxury high rise condominium in the middle of nowhere.

Well, I picked up on it - but silently ;), for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, one percent is unlikely to be able to leverage anything usefully compared to the effort of implementation.

Secondly, players who have been around for a long time will remember tales of 'pink castles'. More recent 'investment areas', such as mobile games or the world of tokens, also don't seem to be an MA strongpoint. Essentially you are expecting MA to take some of our money and get real life mu out of it, then give us most of that mu back in prizes? Hmm... too much interaction with the real world there I think!

On what you wrote above, the only 'snowball' I know of that actually works is when there is a lottery roll-over and more people buy tickets the next week to try and win the larger jackpot. If nobody wins, the roll-over becomes even bigger (for a maximum of a few weeks) and the number of tickets bought 'snowballs'. Your suggestion seems to be different...

I do like the concept overall, however. I'm also in no way in principle against having areas of the game I don't visit such as batsim, if it is done well enough to get participants. It is when areas are introduced badly, screwed up or significantly affected by bugs and then allowed to die that I get annoyed.

Many areas of EU as it stands have reached pinacles of uselessness - I need not make a list. Personally I would prefer these to be fixed first, but like I said, I like the idea.

The thing is as long as MA don't try and do something crazy with the investments and stick to index funds like vanguard all-world index funds theese money should steadily increase.

The prices of one of theese is 850 ped, giving roughly 3-6 ped back every 4 months.
So for every 85k ped cycled in this area we would see a increase in daily rewards.
Adding that rest of it is given back already this would already be an increase for alot of hunters.
And just seeing the yearly pot for this could be bragging rights for MA showing how much everyone
could possibly win just like the lottery snowball you talk about, further increasing the amount they manage
in the fund.

Only takes one or two people cycling ammo there for a while to get the snowball going, then it will slowly attract more people.
Hell if alot of people try it out and decide they don't like it, the few who DO stay might actually be profitable.

Back