PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Why do so many people want to transform an RPG into a shooter, isnīt there enough shooters out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, let me give a big thumbs up to the idea of having ideas .
    I try and quickly look at feasibility, possible advantages/disadvantages when I see ideas come up.
    Nice to see that you took oyour time and read it thoroughly, I appriciate it!

I think some stuff went missing due to me being bad at formulating the idea.
    The "VR" part was just a "lore"/idea part, where our characters take on their vr headset and
    move them into the "tournament world"

The main concept (trying to keep it short)
    A longer tournament, where loot is split like this.
    Only (L) items used and us starting as a new character each season,
    95% back (or whatever is the normal amount)
    4% split between daily, monthly and yearly raffletickets, each paid out seperatly (yearly adding to big reward like highest BLP sniper (hit) level or whatever)

And here is the important part wich I think noone picked up.
    The last 1% MA takes and move into assets like index funds or bond funds.
    Use dividends paid from theese funds and move them back into the game in the form of the raffle tickets.
    MA could take a small management fee for this ofc, >2% should be plenty.
    This would make it possible to maybe profit if noone else is hunting a certain day or just being lucky like allways,
    and the more this goes on this would cause a snowball effect.

The hunters outside of the tournament then would need to keep them supplied with (L) items,
    This would make both MA and planet partners their money rather then adding direclty from the hunt,
    increasing all returns without them actually taking a cut from their % elsewhere.

*EDIT* So not RL us taking on our VR goggles, our ingame characters.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNi View Post
    Why do so many people want to transform an RPG into a shooter, isnīt there enough shooters out there ?
    Wat? this is primarly and RCE tough

Quote Originally Posted by thestupidone View Post
    And here is the important part wich I think noone picked up.
    The last 1% MA takes and move into assets like index funds or bond funds.
    Use dividends paid from theese funds and move them back into the game in the form of the raffle tickets.
    MA could take a small management fee for this ofc, >2% should be plenty.
    This would make it possible to maybe profit if noone else is hunting a certain day or just being lucky like allways,
    and the more this goes on this would cause a snowball effect.
    Well, I picked up on it - but silently , for a couple of reasons.
    Firstly, one percent is unlikely to be able to leverage anything usefully compared to the effort of implementation.

Secondly, players who have been around for a long time will remember tales of 'pink castles'. More recent 'investment areas', such as mobile games or the world of tokens, also don't seem to be an MA strongpoint. Essentially you are expecting MA to take some of our money and get real life mu out of it, then give us most of that mu back in prizes? Hmm... too much interaction with the real world there I think!

On what you wrote above, the only 'snowball' I know of that actually works is when there is a lottery roll-over and more people buy tickets the next week to try and win the larger jackpot. If nobody wins, the roll-over becomes even bigger (for a maximum of a few weeks) and the number of tickets bought 'snowballs'. Your suggestion seems to be different...

I do like the concept overall, however. I'm also in no way in principle against having areas of the game I don't visit such as batsim, if it is done well enough to get participants. It is when areas are introduced badly, screwed up or significantly affected by bugs and then allowed to die that I get annoyed.

Many areas of EU as it stands have reached pinacles of uselessness - I need not make a list. Personally I would prefer these to be fixed first, but like I said, I like the idea.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    and monster trucks

and ferrari Quads

and slutty vixens

and luxury sport cars

Hey after a long hard day of fighting back the robots and monsters of this wild and savage frontier we are trying to colonize, I like to hop in my luxury sports car and drive through the wilderness back to my luxury high rise condominium in the middle of nowhere.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by jetsina View Post
    Well, I picked up on it - but silently , for a couple of reasons.
    Firstly, one percent is unlikely to be able to leverage anything usefully compared to the effort of implementation.

Secondly, players who have been around for a long time will remember tales of 'pink castles'. More recent 'investment areas', such as mobile games or the world of tokens, also don't seem to be an MA strongpoint. Essentially you are expecting MA to take some of our money and get real life mu out of it, then give us most of that mu back in prizes? Hmm... too much interaction with the real world there I think!

On what you wrote above, the only 'snowball' I know of that actually works is when there is a lottery roll-over and more people buy tickets the next week to try and win the larger jackpot. If nobody wins, the roll-over becomes even bigger (for a maximum of a few weeks) and the number of tickets bought 'snowballs'. Your suggestion seems to be different...

I do like the concept overall, however. I'm also in no way in principle against having areas of the game I don't visit such as batsim, if it is done well enough to get participants. It is when areas are introduced badly, screwed up or significantly affected by bugs and then allowed to die that I get annoyed.

Many areas of EU as it stands have reached pinacles of uselessness - I need not make a list. Personally I would prefer these to be fixed first, but like I said, I like the idea.
    The thing is as long as MA don't try and do something crazy with the investments and stick to index funds like vanguard all-world index funds theese money should steadily increase.

The prices of one of theese is 850 ped, giving roughly 3-6 ped back every 4 months.
    So for every 85k ped cycled in this area we would see a increase in daily rewards.
    Adding that rest of it is given back already this would already be an increase for alot of hunters.
    And just seeing the yearly pot for this could be bragging rights for MA showing how much everyone
    could possibly win just like the lottery snowball you talk about, further increasing the amount they manage
    in the fund.

Only takes one or two people cycling ammo there for a while to get the snowball going, then it will slowly attract more people.
    Hell if alot of people try it out and decide they don't like it, the few who DO stay might actually be profitable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2