Suggestion: make more uses for pets... get ideas from the original compets game...

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
In the compets game there was a whole library of actions that pets in that game could use and unlock at different levels, etc.

I've always though it'd be neat if Mindark would create something similar to the 'library' in that game for our pets in Entropia itself, possibly using the stables to do more to unlock passives... yes, passives, or permanent buffs, like in compets when pet learned new action and kept it for good.. not this temporary use for just a few days or limited time like current in game stables offer etc.

The codex is similar to something the compets game had, but with some better additions... so maybe there's some other ideas from compets that can be copied over in to Entropia Universe...

Over time I'm going to go back in time to review some of my old compet videos to possibly add new replies to this thread with different ideas on how Mindark might be able to copy some of those old library actions in to pets in Entropia Universe to use...

For those wanting to see the old videos, they are over at https://entropialoot.wordpress.com/compets/

Last edited:
Venomous Bite

This buff in compets allowed you to deal direct damage if you had initiative and then it would poison the opponent each turn for a limited number of turns. As you increased its rank it increased the damage and number of turns it could do the damage...

In entropia we already have something similar with burn damage, such as what happens to mob when you use a flame thrower.

Mindark could create a 'venom' damage type and make it work similar to the flamethrower's fire damage, and allow pets that have the 'venom' passive buff to do damage to mobs your avatar is near that you have damaged. Could even add in a 'venom' attack action if you have such a pet active that would initiate this type of passive effect and determine how long it lasts, etc., similar to how the trigger on the flame thrower initiates the burn damage on mobs.

Stables could be used to 'buy up' to new levels.

Panic

Panic action in compets dispelled all incapacitating (stun and sleep) effects and dealt a small damage to the pet and more damage to the opponent.

In Entropia we don't really have a lot of incapacitating effects but do have things that make us slow like if you get too many items in inventory, etc.

A passive in Entropia that was similar to this may be something that you could activate to decrease the attacks per minute of mob you are fighting or a maybe something in pvp mode that would decrease the speed and attacks per minute of an avatar that hit you with some damage, sort of a negative buff that temporarily lasts just a while, etc.

Stables could be used to increase the length of time the passive buff worked, and perhaps increase the effectiveness - at higher levels this could make pvp very interesting potentially.

Health Parasite

Health Parasite action in the original compets game placed a debuff on the opponent for a number of rounds and any healing done by the opponent in that time also healed you for a small amount MORE than the healing it was doing.

In Entropia this type of buff might look like something where if a mob heals over time or due to various buffs they have that increase their health faster it would heal your avatar... I suspect that the cost in nutrio for something like this would need to be fairly high to keep it from being too easy, but it could be something like a newer version of some of the passive health chips etc., only instead of using mindforce it'd be using nutrio from the pets, and/or sort of tied in to the amount of of health the mob you were hunting had (i.e. percentage of health based, etc.)...

In pvp it might look like something where if another avatar healed you get a secondary heal when they do that if they are in the buff's area of effect but you get something like 110% of the health they got for clicking on their fap... and library could be used to increase it to higher percentage rates, etc.

Claw

Claw was a base damage action in compets that simply did a lot of damage to the opponent and then did that same damage instantly a number of times. I think at level 4 it did somewhere around 4-18 damage and then it did that same amount 3 times in a row.

In Entropia this could be a damage amplifier passive buff. It would act like a weapon amplifier but would add on top of the amplifiers your avatar's weapon already have.

Stables could be used to increase the damage and strength of the buff. More than likely this would use a lot of nutrio decay in the pets in EU...

Back