Impact of deposits on loot

ClosedFile

Mature
John Closedfile McMullen
What is the impact of deposits on average loot return. Not on an individual basis but as a whole.
Let me clarify; since PayPal is down, me and probably a lot more people can't deposit. Does this mean that loot will be adjusted downwards so that MA still receives a base amount of income to cover their costs?

If so, when paypal gets active again we should see an uptick in average return again after a couple days.
Are there people willing to keep track of this? Would be interesting to see if there is a direct influence.

Are you suggesting a 'miraculous fix' before Halloween Mayhem?

deposits are not tied up with your returns god damn
returns are tied up to efficiency and looter god damn it x 2 read the god damn x 3 developer notes god damn x4

Return shouldn't change just because you are not depositing.
It's based on what you cycle. You could sweat and earn 100 ped then cycle that, doesn't mean you return suffers because you didn't deposit.

If you are not cycling then you do not need to worry about return either.

I'm guessing your meaning that because a lot of people use Paypal to deposit that MA's coffers are running low.
Pretty sure that people can still use other methods such as credit cards. Just because you can't/won't, doesn't mean others won't as well.

If MA's coffers are hit big time, then they will figure out another deposit method, or bring out some "insert way to make money" deed/share....where people will use any means necessary to buy them.

returns are tied up to efficiency and looter god damn it x 2 read the god damn x 3 developer notes god damn x4

This message was fun enough whithout the "god damn".
The sad part is that yourself don't even believe what you say..

Efficiency ?.. :eek: And what ? Looter professions ? Best joke ever.. :eyecrazy:

Anyway it was not about a link between YOUR deposit and YOUR loot (even if it clearly exist since 2.0 sadly).
I think it was more about a link between YOUR loot and MY (just an example) deposit/losses.

If everyone stop depositing and loosing money now, then loot returns will be worse and worse.

And what will pay for people who own deeds ? :confused:

The sad part is that yourself don't even believe what you say..

The sad part is actually the one of the few who actually do what they say.
I use the highest efficiency ingame and have the higher looter ingame and I read all developer notes.

Deposits do not affect loot. At all.

The sad part is actually the one of the few who actually do what they say.
I use the highest efficiency ingame and have the higher looter ingame and I read all developer notes.

If you really believe that efficiency and looter prof is why your returns are good then you are very naive..
But I know you are not.. :)

Just in case I'll tell you why: Because you invested ALOT of money in the game.

Now make a test, chip-out your looter skills and use common weapons..
I bet you'll never have 50/60% return that I (and lot of others) have VERY VERY often.

Efficiency ? Let's be serious..
I use 60/75% efficiency guns and you use 90/95% ?
That's a theorical maximum of ~1% in TT return.

Don't even talk about Looter profession please, since nobody knows what it does..

And IMO they introduced it for one single reason: Prevent EU from falling under the scope of anti-gambling laws.
Its efficiency is probably something like 0.00001% per level..
My return was waaay better when I was L15 looter than now I'm at L40.. :rolleyes:

MA like to say "All avatar are equal", but it's politician talk.

Cause indeed they are all equal, but this until one deposit 1000 x more money than another..

MA don't care so much about small/medium depositors, they know some new people always come to try and deposit a bit, some leave, some others comes..

But people who deposit 100K, 200K, or 500K$ ingame are pretty rare, and these ones have special treatment, they have to be pampered.. :rolleyes:

So that's very nice for you and the few that have alot of money to invest, but just Stop letting people believe that it's possible for everyone, cause it's NOT anymore possible, and will be worse and worse mainly cause of the deeds system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

:wtg:

If you really believe that efficiency and looter prof is why your returns are good then you are very naive..

First of all you and no one else know my returns other than Mindark.Since I never share my returns you can just speculate.
I strongly believe returns has nothing to do with how much you deposit or what is your name in this game.Its purely a system which operates with numbers automatically.

If what you say its true then you never bothered to actually pay attention to the game history.You would have known that the most successful players were the ones who didn't invest as much as you claim or believe and on the other hand there are ppl who actually deposited that much and they are nowhere near as successful.So your claim is false from different angles.

How about I keep my looter skills and you find an idiot to chip out his.
I bet you'll never have 50/60% return that I (and lot of others) have VERY VERY often.
Of course I would never have 50% returns because my hunting rounds are not 100 ped on feffox dominant you dummy.

There is no such thing as 95% efficiency weapon ingame you dummy.
Mindark never claim how much 1% in tt are represented in Efficiency or looter, its just speculation from player base.
Don't even talk about Looter profession please, since nobody knows what it does..
I am talking just what Mindark say in their official notes you dummy, its not my notes.

All avatars start equal , once we shoot the first monster we make choices and we are no longer equal, our result is no longer equal therefore one is more competent than others therefore receive more.Just fundamentals.

But people who deposit 100K, 200K, or 500K$ ingame are pretty rare, and these ones have special treatment, they have to be pampered.. :rolleyes:
I don't think I can count 3 players that have deposited 100k$ and I believe none of them are doing well.I think its pretty straight forward why but you refuse to see it.

So that's very nice for you and the few that have alot of money to invest, but just Stop letting people believe that it's possible for everyone, cause it's NOT anymore possible, and will be worse and worse mainly cause of the deeds system.
I can prove anyone who ask for truth that its possible.I won't do it publicly or for free.Clearly not for everyone and I don't recommend anyone to follow my steps or my advises.
I would advise everyone to pay attention to what players do not what they say.

I've asked several times do people are actually that dumb or they just play a game to trigger me and maybe reveal some information by mistake?I seriously can't tell.

I was wrong on one point: You are naive.

I'm tired now, and unlike you I don't have an inferiority complex that forces me to show I'm always right and want the last word, so I'm not going to answer everything, but you're talking a lot of crap here...

Just for example LP70 fen edition is 92.2% Effi (not sure who's the dummy..)
And I think some Amp are 95% Effi.

About Effi, you say you read all dev notes, obviously you missed one..
"The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."
And it has been said by MA that it was "maximum possible".
So the difference between a 0% Effi and 100% effi COULD be at MAX 7%
Now I let you calc again the difference between 65% and 90% Effi..

Please show us where MA tell how Looter professions works (the one you say you have read) ? :confused:

And now you say I just "speculate" on your return..
So that means your returns are bad ?.. :confused:

Damn, you said so much here that Effi/Looter is the key.. now the key to what ? Bad loot ?
Then don't need to talk anymore since we agree! :)

I'm tired now, and unlike you I don't have an inferiority complex that forces me to show I'm always right and want the last word, so I'm not going to answer everything, but you're talking a lot of crap here...
The stake here is not to be right its about not being wrong.There are 2 different things and you are mixing them.Sometimes not being wrong can be right but not all the time.
Just for example LP70 fen edition is 92.2% Effi (not sure who's the dummy..)
And I think some Amp are 95% Effi.
Just in case you forgot what you said : 92.2 eff is not 95 and guns are not amps so please stop mixing stupid words.Before posting dumb stuff check basic website : http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon
Sort it out by efficiency
About Effi, you say you read all dev notes, obviously you missed one..
"The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."
And it has been said by MA that it was "maximum possible".
So the difference between a 0% Effi and 100% effi COULD be at MAX 7%
I've read their notes 10 times word by word and I haven't missed a comma.I compltely understand what they said in their note and I act as I thought its best for me.7% more loot from 0-100% is already too much considering later on they introduced looter.Its obvious cost has the most impact on loot, efficiency and looter is just a modifier to increase your revenue.
Now I let you calc again the difference between 65% and 90% Effi..
You can't calculate that dummy because Mindark never specified that efficiency works linear and not exponential.

Please show us where MA tell how Looter professions works (the one you say you have read) ? :confused:
They have never explained how it works they said twice that it increase your tt returns dummy.You don't have to explain your salary has been increased you just feel it in your pocket.If you don't trust it its a different thing , sue Mindark for lying.
And now you say I just "speculate" on your return..
So that means your returns are bad ?.. :confused:
Speculation is all your have.I have not said its good or bad.The truth is in my customer support ticket written as %, easy to read.
Damn, you said so much here that Effi/Looter is the key.. now the key to what ? Bad loot ?
Looter and effi is the key to increase your tt returns per Mindark official notes.Obviously this will not happen after 10 kerbs you might shoot.

And next you want to tell us that crafting skills & BPs QR rating would make a difference :laugh::laugh:

What your return is simply depends on how lucky/unlucky you get with multipliers.

@OP deposit doesn't impact return.

And next you want to tell us that crafting skills & BPs QR rating would make a difference :laugh::laugh:

It was exactly what I was going to talk about next.How did you guess?
You must be a genius mate.

You call me "dummy" because it helps you feel stronger (still inferiority complex, thanks internet helps you), but I'll call you clown because that's what you are.. :rolleyes:

Just for info 90/95 meant "between" 90 and 95..

Good night clown.. :dunce:

You call me "dummy" because it helps you feel stronger (still inferiority complex, thanks internet helps you), but I'll call you clown because that's what you are.. :rolleyes:

Just for info 90/95 meant "between" 90 and 95..

Good night clown.. :dunce:

I call you dummy because you act dummy and you post stupid information and you have no arguments to back it up.
If you meant between 90-95 eff then say it.Use proper words to make me understand exactly what you are trying to say.
This reason alone is the best example 90% of the people reading Mindark developer notes fail to understand them.Instead of reading them word by word they come up with their words into the sentence or use their own projections of reality into the equation.

I did specifically state not on a individual basis. But I suggested that if deposits are down and MA's bills stay the same the money needs to come from somewhere.
It is nowhere stated in the developers note that MA can't lower global loot returns to fit their needs

I call you dummy because you act dummy and you post stupid information and you have no arguments to back it up.
If you meant between 90-95 eff then say it.Use proper words to make me understand exactly what you are trying to say.
This reason alone is the best example 90% of the people reading Mindark developer notes fail to understand them.Instead of reading them word by word they come up with their words into the sentence or use their own projections of reality into the equation.

You need to learn to take dev notes with a grain of salt. Pretty naiv of you to blindly believe everything they say and/or that they would tell us everything.

I did specifically state not on a individual basis. But I suggested that if deposits are down and MA's bills stay the same the money needs to come from somewhere.
It is nowhere stated in the developers note that MA can't lower global loot returns to fit their needs

On a direct level clearly no.Your deposit button or history will not increase your return/revenue/item finding whatever.
This is a dynamic game and it has a dynamic system that means players directly influence through their actions/items/skills choices the return % as a whole for other avatars.

You can argue that Mindark might set returns for a particular month to a lower low however you can't tell later on when you had a good month it didn't happen because of that.It can be a cold loot period as some ppl might like to call it and some of them stop and some that persist hunting in that period can later on not only that they will hit big multipliers or have very good returns but might even hit some lucky items/fat esis etc.
I don't think there's an exact answer for your question, its just a matter of trust.

Deposits do NOT affect loot at all ... if they did I would have been bankrupt a long time ago and I'm still here without 1 depo after 16-17 years and still making profit (mining).

Skills, brains, common sense and maybe listen to some 1 who has the experience is all you need.
And you need the ability to count, I would even say this is a must :ahh:
And for luck ... Luck has NOTHING to do with it.

Last edited:

And IMO they introduced it for one single reason: Prevent EU from falling under the scope of anti-gambling laws.
Its efficiency is probably something like 0.00001% per level..
My return was waaay better when I was L15 looter than now I'm at L40.. :rolleyes:

Cause indeed they are all equal, but this until one deposit 1000 x more money than another..

MA don't care so much about small/medium depositors, they know some new people always come to try and deposit a bit, some leave, some others comes..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

:wtg:

I invested ONCE 4K$ over 3 years ....

I got back 158K copper that was sold @ 120%

Withdrawed most and had a new roof on my house ...

Still mining, still making profit ... without ANY depo's ...how you explain that?

I think it makes a little sence, MA would prob newer pay out more then they earn, if every deposit stoped they still would have to get their money somehow. On the other hand mayby its impossible for them to loose money with the "98%" lootcap that makes every1 loose in the end and the house always win.

I invested ONCE 4K$ over 3 years ....

I got back 158K copper that was sold @ 120%

Withdrawed most and had a new roof on my house ...

Still mining, still making profit ... without ANY depo's ...how you explain that?

Luck that you never had a very terrible streak (as in lasting for a couple hundred thousand clicks/drops/kills)...

I invested 20$ in my first year, got a 4,6k hof + a couple 450 hofs. Ofc it went south from there on (depoed another 200$) untill the 5k + 900 hof, at that time (over a year ago) i was standing at about 9k total.. terrible return ever since those 2 hofs, now i'm down to 1.5k (got to mention i've withdrawn 5k). If i'd get my hof for 95% return, then i would be somewhere in the 10-17,5k range, but as long as it doesn't happen...

like i've said, in the end it comes down to being lucky with the multipliers...

Luck that you never had a very terrible streak (as in lasting for a couple hundred thousand clicks/drops/kills)...

I invested 20$ in my first year, got a 4,6k hof + a couple 450 hofs. Ofc it went south from there on (depoed another 200$) untill the 5k + 900 hof, at that time (over a year ago) i was standing at about 9k total.. terrible return ever since those 2 hofs, now i'm down to 1.5k (got to mention i've withdrawn 5k). If i'd get my hof for 95% return, then i would be somewhere in the 10-17,5k range, but as long as it doesn't happen...

like i've said, in the end it comes down to being lucky with the multipliers...

As I said before ...

Skills, brains, common sense and maybe listen to some 1 who has the experience is all you need.
And you need the ability to count, I would even say this is a must

As I said before ...

rofl.... it's just luck, if you would have to wait 100's of clicks for a single multiplier to appear, then yours would suck too... or do you really want to tell me you get your raw materials for 100% and only get stuff worth 125+%?

Btw funny how you ignore the whole being at +10k to +17k with 95% return part.

rofl.... it's just luck, if you would have to wait 100's of clicks for a single multiplier to appear, then yours would suck too... or do you really want to tell me you get your raw materials for 100% and only get stuff worth 125+%?

In mining you get back 80-90% TT return now, but the system brings you back to 94-95% when you are in minus... so WHERE DO YOU THINK MY PROFIT COMES FROM?

If YOU keep paying MU on resources, craft shitty stuff that nobody buy's and sell to TT WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE LOSS IS?

I'll repeat myself again ...cause you are NOT listening ...

No longer gonna reply to your stupid questions/answers now ... some never learn.

In mining you get back 80-90% TT return now, but the system brings you back to 94-95% when you are in minus...

and that's just not the case on crafting.... last time it took me 390k(!!!!) clicks to make the jump from 90 to 95%. That jump was 17 months ago, still waiting for the next jump from 90 to 95%.

If YOU keep paying MU on resources, craft shitty stuff that nobody buy's and sell to TT WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE LOSS IS?

please miner, shut the fuck up about stuff you have no frigging clue about.
220$ depo'd, 500$ withdrawn, 150$ left, up to 1,7k$ pending in the hof pool, and you call that total loss /facepalm. You may want to read up the definition of loss/profit, you obviously don't know what that is.

Last edited:
Per individual, no , as any messi will say it.
Overall, yes. If more money is withdrawn than money deposited the entropia effect is more visible.
It can may be temporary because assets are transfered from ingame currency to irl one due to the CP deeds being sellable , less money injected due to regular paypal users not being able to.
Remember that CP deeds did sell fast, most have been purchased from assets already in game rather than deposits, and now is out of entropia at value * 1.65.
Many players poped up in the first week of october up to 1890 active users due to codex novelty, now it is sub 1700 and shrinkiing again.
Mayhem may bring new deposits if not a simple copy paste, it should be be visible within firsts 3 days of mayhem.

Deposits do not affect loot. At all.

So how is it posible that right after i deposit or open 20x boxes i suddenly get an global and improved loot?

And was not only just 1 situation, everytime i get that.

I think it makes a little sence, MA would prob newer pay out more then they earn, if every deposit stoped they still would have to get their money somehow. On the other hand mayby its impossible for them to loose money with the "98%" lootcap that makes every1 loose in the end and the house always win.

There is no such thing as 98% lootcap.

Back