PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Laurent thefrenchman noixdecoco
    Society
    Miners Mafia
    well, to add my 2 pecs :

If you cannot deposit, it won't affect your loopool or maybe if you had just a big hof after you last depo.

If we consider that 500 peeps are in your case, ie they cannot deposit either, then the entire lootpool might shrinken a bit, all people loot pool might be affected.

I agree that cycling stands a major role in loot correlation. But as we know it is not the only parameter.
    1 day, we'll meet in the "anybody out there" place, we would have a glance at each other, and we will smile.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dave Ace Flyster
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    I've always thought of deposits as completely disconnected to the loot pool. When people deposit, that money goes to their ped card, NOT the loot pool. Loot pool gets filled from people cycling peds, i.e. doing one of the 3 main professions.

So if 10000 people make a big deposit, initially the loot pools haven't changed, it is sitting on peoples accounts and not in the loot pool. Let those 10000 people cycle those peds over the next few weeks and the loot pools could/maybe fill up. But the pools have to be 'fed' first.

So deposits, in my respect are not connected to loot pools. It is an indirect relationship. Loot pools are only affected by the amount 'cycled' by players.

Rgds

Ace]

EDIT: take player A that cycles 10k ped a month, and breaks even after markup. If that player then deposits $1million, but still only cycles 10k ped a month, the loot pools havent changed, despite them depositing a LOT of money into their account.
    2nd published novel: 'The Shadow Grounds'
    1st published novel: 'The Eyes of the Devil'
    Book 3 - Working Title 'The Meeting of Worlds' - 25%
    Book 4 - Sci-Fi Book - No title yet - 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Flyster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always thought of deposits as completely disconnected to the loot pool. When people deposit, that money goes to their ped card, NOT the loot pool. Loot pool gets filled from people cycling peds, i.e. doing one of the 3 main professions.

So if 10000 people make a big deposit, initially the loot pools haven't changed, it is sitting on peoples accounts and not in the loot pool. Let those 10000 people cycle those peds over the next few weeks and the loot pools could/maybe fill up. But the pools have to be 'fed' first.

So deposits, in my respect are not connected to loot pools. It is an indirect relationship. Loot pools are only affected by the amount 'cycled' by players.

Rgds

Ace]

EDIT: take player A that cycles 10k ped a month, and breaks even after markup. If that player then deposits $1million, but still only cycles 10k ped a month, the loot pools havent changed, despite them depositing a LOT of money into their account.

Not so sure. Universal ammo must be cycled to be yours. No cycling -> all your UA are belongs to us ..err.. MA! If you depo PEDs on the other hand, you're right.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker

Rgds

Ace]

I agree it's indirectly related. Basically, it's like this:

=> Someone cannot deposit with paypal
    => He ceased all activities, since he cannot deposit
    => Loot pool lost X in decay/fee that should be generated by this player
    => Multiply this by Y number of players
    => Loot pool lost a potential of X * Y PEDs

It will need an amount huge enough for you to feel the effect on the loot returns imo

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaSparks View Post
    Not so sure. Universal ammo must be cycled to be yours. No cycling -> all your UA are belongs to us ..err.. MA! If you depo PEDs on the other hand, you're right.
    UA Still has a TT value so it's yours if you quit quit 😉

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    MA gets their share not from deposits but from the cycled peds, and the peds are still being cycled with or without deposits, they just trade hands. Of course in the long run the amount of peds in game would run low without fresh infusions, but that's in a very, very long run.

Rgds

Ace]

That's right Loot Pool is not directly affected by deposits.

But Loot Pool is affected by LOSSES.
    (again, every single PEC earned by someone, comes from another player who lost it)

And losses are affected by deposits, cause in order to loose money you have to first deposit it.

So if all excess has been distributed and people stop depositing (stop playing or just go sweat), then there is nothing more to earn in the loot pool and everybody will loose.

And since there is more and more money needed to pay the Deeds owners, then the game needs more and more Losses (so deposits).

Or new Deeds can help for a small time whith a big money influx to pay for the last ones, then new ones, and new ones.. etc..

Mature
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Closedfile McMullen
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post

You can argue that Mindark might set returns for a particular month to a lower low however you can't tell later on when you had a good month it didn't happen because of that.It can be a cold loot period as some ppl might like to call it and some of them stop and some that persist hunting in that period can later on not only that they will hit big multipliers or have very good returns but might even hit some lucky items/fat esis etc.
    I don't think there's an exact answer for your question, its just a matter of trust.

Well, if you would compare hunting return logs from several players one could notice a trend. If all of them seem to dip at times one can confirm in retrospect that the "dynamics" of loot might have been set a certain way.

One could notice a trend a learn something by it, or maybe not.
    The fun is in trying to find patterns and learn how loot works (...so MA can change it again )

Since some have their own idea how EU works, here you have a link to the patent.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20030115132

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosedFile View Post
    Well, if you would compare hunting return logs from several players one could notice a trend. If all of them seem to dip at times one can confirm in retrospect that the "dynamics" of loot might have been set a certain way.

One could notice a trend a learn something by it, or maybe not.
    The fun is in trying to find patterns and learn how loot works (...so MA can change it again )
    No hunting log under 6 months period should be taken into consideration.I disregard any hunting log unless it comes directly from Mindark anyway but just saying.Any hunting log is manipulative and its purpose should be to serve the person who created it to make adjustments and improve later on.

The system is too dynamic for anyone to obtain exact information this is why I point again to fundamentals which always work no matter what.
    You can find so many patterns by simply analyzing the history of the game and its players.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast