PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68
  1. #1
    Mature
    Joined
    Apr 2019
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    John Closedfile McMullen
    Posts
    42
    Blog Entries
    2

    Impact of deposits on loot

    What is the impact of deposits on average loot return. Not on an individual basis but as a whole.
    Let me clarify; since PayPal is down, me and probably a lot more people can't deposit. Does this mean that loot will be adjusted downwards so that MA still receives a base amount of income to cover their costs?

    If so, when paypal gets active again we should see an uptick in average return again after a couple days.
    Are there people willing to keep track of this? Would be interesting to see if there is a direct influence.

  2. #2
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,441
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1745
    Are you suggesting a 'miraculous fix' before Halloween Mayhem?

  3. #3
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,446
    Images
    116
    deposits are not tied up with your returns god damn
    returns are tied up to efficiency and looter god damn it x 2 read the god damn x 3 developer notes god damn x4

  4. #4
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    902
    Images
    8
    Return shouldn't change just because you are not depositing.
    It's based on what you cycle. You could sweat and earn 100 ped then cycle that, doesn't mean you return suffers because you didn't deposit.

    If you are not cycling then you do not need to worry about return either.

    I'm guessing your meaning that because a lot of people use Paypal to deposit that MA's coffers are running low.
    Pretty sure that people can still use other methods such as credit cards. Just because you can't/won't, doesn't mean others won't as well.

    If MA's coffers are hit big time, then they will figure out another deposit method, or bring out some "insert way to make money" deed/share....where people will use any means necessary to buy them.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    deposits are not tied up with your returns god damn
    returns are tied up to efficiency and looter god damn it x 2 read the god damn x 3 developer notes god damn x4
    This message was fun enough whithout the "god damn".
    The sad part is that yourself don't even believe what you say..

    Efficiency ?.. And what ? Looter professions ? Best joke ever..


    Anyway it was not about a link between YOUR deposit and YOUR loot (even if it clearly exist since 2.0 sadly).
    I think it was more about a link between YOUR loot and MY (just an example) deposit/losses.

    If everyone stop depositing and loosing money now, then loot returns will be worse and worse.

    And what will pay for people who own deeds ?

  6. #6
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,446
    Images
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The sad part is that yourself don't even believe what you say..
    The sad part is actually the one of the few who actually do what they say.
    I use the highest efficiency ingame and have the higher looter ingame and I read all developer notes.

  7. #7
    Stalker RobBuona's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    North Carolina
    Avatar
    Patrizia Pandemic Giano
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Posts
    2,408
    Images
    62
    Deposits do not affect loot. At all.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The sad part is actually the one of the few who actually do what they say.
    I use the highest efficiency ingame and have the higher looter ingame and I read all developer notes.
    If you really believe that efficiency and looter prof is why your returns are good then you are very naive..
    But I know you are not..

    Just in case I'll tell you why: Because you invested ALOT of money in the game.

    Now make a test, chip-out your looter skills and use common weapons..
    I bet you'll never have 50/60% return that I (and lot of others) have VERY VERY often.

    Efficiency ? Let's be serious..
    I use 60/75% efficiency guns and you use 90/95% ?
    That's a theorical maximum of ~1% in TT return.

    Don't even talk about Looter profession please, since nobody knows what it does..

    And IMO they introduced it for one single reason: Prevent EU from falling under the scope of anti-gambling laws.
    Its efficiency is probably something like 0.00001% per level..
    My return was waaay better when I was L15 looter than now I'm at L40..

    MA like to say "All avatar are equal", but it's politician talk.

    Cause indeed they are all equal, but this until one deposit 1000 x more money than another..

    MA don't care so much about small/medium depositors, they know some new people always come to try and deposit a bit, some leave, some others comes..

    But people who deposit 100K, 200K, or 500K$ ingame are pretty rare, and these ones have special treatment, they have to be pampered..

    So that's very nice for you and the few that have alot of money to invest, but just Stop letting people believe that it's possible for everyone, cause it's NOT anymore possible, and will be worse and worse mainly cause of the deeds system.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme


  9. #9
    Stalker messi91's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ro
    Avatar
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Posts
    2,446
    Images
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you really believe that efficiency and looter prof is why your returns are good then you are very naive..
    But I know you are not..
    First of all you and no one else know my returns other than Mindark.Since I never share my returns you can just speculate.
    I strongly believe returns has nothing to do with how much you deposit or what is your name in this game.Its purely a system which operates with numbers automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just in case I'll tell you why: Because you invested ALOT of money in the game.
    If what you say its true then you never bothered to actually pay attention to the game history.You would have known that the most successful players were the ones who didn't invest as much as you claim or believe and on the other hand there are ppl who actually deposited that much and they are nowhere near as successful.So your claim is false from different angles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now make a test, chip-out your looter skills and use common weapons..
    How about I keep my looter skills and you find an idiot to chip out his.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet you'll never have 50/60% return that I (and lot of others) have VERY VERY often.
    Of course I would never have 50% returns because my hunting rounds are not 100 ped on feffox dominant you dummy.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Efficiency ? Let's be serious..
    I use 60/75% efficiency guns and you use 90/95% ?
    There is no such thing as 95% efficiency weapon ingame you dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    That's a theorical maximum of ~1% in TT return.
    Mindark never claim how much 1% in tt are represented in Efficiency or looter, its just speculation from player base.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't even talk about Looter profession please, since nobody knows what it does..
    I am talking just what Mindark say in their official notes you dummy, its not my notes.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MA like to say "All avatar are equal", but it's politician talk.
    All avatars start equal , once we shoot the first monster we make choices and we are no longer equal, our result is no longer equal therefore one is more competent than others therefore receive more.Just fundamentals.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But people who deposit 100K, 200K, or 500K$ ingame are pretty rare, and these ones have special treatment, they have to be pampered..
    I don't think I can count 3 players that have deposited 100k$ and I believe none of them are doing well.I think its pretty straight forward why but you refuse to see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Cirrus ~ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that's very nice for you and the few that have alot of money to invest, but just Stop letting people believe that it's possible for everyone, cause it's NOT anymore possible, and will be worse and worse mainly cause of the deeds system.
    I can prove anyone who ask for truth that its possible.I won't do it publicly or for free.Clearly not for everyone and I don't recommend anyone to follow my steps or my advises.
    I would advise everyone to pay attention to what players do not what they say.

    I've asked several times do people are actually that dumb or they just play a game to trigger me and maybe reveal some information by mistake?I seriously can't tell.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    I was wrong on one point: You are naive.

    I'm tired now, and unlike you I don't have an inferiority complex that forces me to show I'm always right and want the last word, so I'm not going to answer everything, but you're talking a lot of crap here...

    Just for example LP70 fen edition is 92.2% Effi (not sure who's the dummy..)
    And I think some Amp are 95% Effi.

    About Effi, you say you read all dev notes, obviously you missed one..
    "The Efficiency parameter is a relatively small component in loot calculations (no more than 7% of total loot value)."
    And it has been said by MA that it was "maximum possible".
    So the difference between a 0% Effi and 100% effi COULD be at MAX 7%
    Now I let you calc again the difference between 65% and 90% Effi..

    Please show us where MA tell how Looter professions works (the one you say you have read) ?

    And now you say I just "speculate" on your return..
    So that means your returns are bad ?..

    Damn, you said so much here that Effi/Looter is the key.. now the key to what ? Bad loot ?
    Then don't need to talk anymore since we agree!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook