Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sold 7 pets in 3 days. Ofcourse it looks like they are gathering dust, but they are not, because I simply replace them with fresh ones. Simple pets sell for 1 ped, I sell the Atrox/leprechaun pet for 2, and sapphire pets for 7.
    I also sold ancient pets for 30-50 ped.
    The location of your shop is key. Mine is visible from the teleporter at Genesis HQ
    And yeah, making sure you are always a bit below auction house pricing helps.
    Thats great, and i can sell 1 x armatrix rifle for more profit than those 7 pets in a couple of hours.
    Again its a very small niche market, many shops do not sell pets well. If you have managed to do that with an okay ROI for what you paid for the shop, all the more to you. Same to those that can sell Jester D1's in their shop they paid 16-26K for.

However someone asking what they should sell in their shop, pets is not the answer you should be giving them unless you plan to spend enough per month at their shop to support them owning it.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    Thats great, and i can sell 1 x armatrix rifle for more profit than those 7 pets in a couple of hours.
    Again its a very small niche market, many shops do not sell pets well. If you have managed to do that with an okay ROI for what you paid for the shop, all the more to you. Same to those that can sell Jester D1's in their shop they paid 16-26K for.

However someone asking what they should sell in their shop, pets is not the answer you should be giving them unless you plan to spend enough per month at their shop to support them owning it.
    Owning a shop is just ped tied up. When you are done with it you'll sell it for at least the price you paid for it.
    As long as there are no plans to open up all the empty shops in the hands of marcus callendar or new areas on Calypso with shops, the price of shops will not go down, which means you don't need to have a roi on the shop. So there's no support needed (unless it's bought with money a person cannot miss, but then they shouldn't have bought it in the first place)

You are simply cheaper off than selling on auction. And since pets cannot be sold on auction, it is a niche that works for shops. Especially since everybody is saying they don't sell. I just showed you that they do sell. the tt value of a pet is 1, 2 or 3 pec if you decide to refine it into essence. So selling them for 1 - 10 ped depending on rarity is a nice price for a customer, and good business for a tamer.. Say I sell 7 pets a week for 10 peds (atrox go for 2 ped), then I roughly make 500 ped per year from having 7 item points in my shop. Leaves 53 other item points for other stuff.
    Now I bought my shop from Miggo the pet tamer from the auction house for 3500 ped. I think I got a good deal there. (And was lucky to swipe it, before anyone else could). I will never let it go for under 10k.

The armatrix gun example.. You would have to compete with all other shops that do the same and the auction at that. It's what everybody does. If it works for you, great, just saying that a shop loaded with "junk" works fine too.

I do agree with the ridiculous prices, unless an item is really rare and never found on auction, or has collector's value.
    Last edited by Spawn; 10-17-2019 at 16:56.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    Owning a shop is just ped tied up. When you are done with it you'll sell it for at least the price you paid for it.
    As long as there are no plans to open up all the empty shops in the hands of marcus callendar or new areas on Calypso with shops, the price of shops will not go down, which means you don't need to have a roi on the shop. So there's no support needed (unless it's bought with money a person cannot miss, but then they shouldn't have bought it in the first place)
    I do try to track my ROI on my shop, and it is somewhere around 8 years to break even when I base it just on ped saved with respect to the auction. It all depends what you do with your shop and other value-added things (e.g., making being a trader easier rather than just getting loot).

That said, I do agree ROI is somewhat secondary for a shop, though still important. It needs to be worth your time as well. I for one don't like trying to list things on the auction, spending the fee, and not knowing if it will sell or not. The little bit of ROI along with the convenience of being able to change prices in your shop or place the item and forget about it is worth something too.

That said, the investment is high enough that many new shop owners tend to buy a shop, try it out a little bit, and give up. You need to really know what you are selling and how well it sells in order to figure out your savings from auction fees and how to price your shop. Too many price over MU, giving no one a reason to stop in compared to just going to the auction.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Me Oulaladidon Yeah

Thumbs Up

Thank you all for your suggestions, comments and advises

Shop acquired and I'm building my stock. Stay tuned on the Shop section of the forum and on the IG chat for the grand opening

Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you all visiting the shop.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Me Oulaladidon Yeah
    GRAND OPENING - PetStock
    Treasure Island, Platinum Building, Block A, Shop 1
    Calypso, 35106, 49778, 150, ♥PetStock♥

Petstock is now open to all Pet Tamers, Trainers & Lovers!

In PetStock you can find: Pets, Nutrio, Animal Essence, Mind Essence and much more!
    With daily update on stock and price, you will find the best deals!

Come visit, you won't regret it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2