Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vandal VandalHand Hand
    Society
    Takuta-matata

Let's Help MindArk Improve PvP - Idea Thread

Discussion Thread

Hello All,

I am very passionate about PvP in general, as I am sure a lot of people are, or were at some point. Or, perhaps you want to PvP but feel it's a waste of your time and money.

Right now, I feel it is a waste to an extent, with there being no miners to hunt in planet PvP zones, and only 2 societies competing in Land Grabs.

So, here's some ideas I have for improving the PvP activity and culture within the Entropia Universe..

• 1 - Create a Codex rank for killing Players and implement a new skill(s) for killing players as rewards.
    • 2 - Nerf Medi Stims to diminish healing while you are moving to balance offensive play while undergoing heals.
    • 3 - Move Pyrite back to Lootable PvP ONLY and add new ores for high markup / demand within PvP.
    • 4 - Host Land Grabs on servers that are dedicated / not toasters or the equivalent of Raspberry Pi computing power.
    • 5 - More powerful guns for mid tier players to combat the huge HP given to god tier players. Perhaps higher level Gauss?
    • 6 - Make Adjusted, Improved, etc Divine Intervention chips, with Perfected being 100% chance to restore greater amounts of HP. This can be added to the existing Mission Galactica.

Topic 1 expanded:
    The skills implemented within the Codex of player killing could effect the ability to hit avatars more (less dodges / jams). My other idea would be for an HP skill - but I think we already have enough HP skills we need to have balanced (see topic 2, 5).

Topic 3 expanded: The ores within PvP can have their own mining chain to also grant the new PvP / Pk skills, and can be used with crafting new armors for PvP, or guns such as have been suggested.

I think the rest of the topics are self explanatory. Please, I encourage all of you to assist me with supporting ideas you like, give new ideas, or perhaps critique some of mine.

Unless people who want PvP to survive stand up and say we want more for this aspect of the Entropia Universe, MindArk will never see the untapped potential, and it will remain a dying part of this game. I truly believe more people will begin PvP or participate with these changes, and thus grow the PvP community.

Respectfully,
    - VH
    Last edited by VandalHand; 10-18-2019 at 05:08. Reason: Added 6th idea.

Twitch Channel

All really great ideas Vandal. I think its odd that PK-68 or AL-29 are still some of the most lethal weapons in pvp at high tier, and have basically disappeared from the game, need something new to combat the hp people are getting to.

Another thing that could be changed is rockets in lootable pvp, for those that shoot the ground and go to 1hp so they do not lose their loot, bit silly in my opinion. If someone lands killing blow on you in lootable zones, they should be able to loot you.
    Last edited by Theocles; 10-18-2019 at 06:41.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    I'm not a miner myself, but why should miners be forced to do pvp when they are interested in mining and not killing other players? Sounds like PvP'ers just want to shoot people while they are occupied trying to extract a claim. So they can get easy kills and easy loot.

If you want PvP to be great, you need to interest the ones who enjoy PvP and shooting each other, not the miners who are minding their own business.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    KrupT KrupT RaveR
    Images
    3 - Move Pyrite back to Lootable PvP ONLY and add new ores for high markup / demand within PvP.

Instead of new ores. Just make existing ores matts have a manufacturing property that is worth mining for

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
    Society
    Spectra
    Images
    No interest of mining in pvp at all.

As for pyrite ... I do not care if in lootable only, there is enough other stuff to mine.

And there is still morpheus only in lootable so have fun

If pyrite is in non-lootable, I'll mine for it.
    MINER'S DREAM
    TICity - Platinum - Block C - Shop 5

Mining Amps lvl 2 - 3 - Terra 1
    Damage / Depth Enhancers
    Ores - Enmatters - Treasures

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Here's why I think it won't work:

1. Full loot PvP is very niche. Add real money involvement on top of it. See how it goes
    2. No gameplay. Really. PvP in EU is just having the biggest gun, the biggest armor, and the skill to use them. All obtainable by money
    3. Codex rank for killing players will just enable players to create alt avatars and have the main avatar farm them for the skills
    4. There are tons of other MMORPGs out there that gives a whole fucking lot better pvp experience with a fucking lot less investment than EU
    5. MA won't bother with PvP since they can't afford the development or don't want to

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    WezteN Lakritsrem Godispåse
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    Remove medistims.

ILBE DCINSIDE MASTER
    Society
    ['u ']maffoid lover

if MA going to make all type of intervention chip

how about adj-imp-mod2350/2600(25-25-25shrooms)
    can be more upgradedable following last two augment,perfect 2350/2600

byebye imp/mod fap

just sayin

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a miner myself, but why should miners be forced to do pvp when they are interested in mining and not killing other players? Sounds like PvP'ers just want to shoot people while they are occupied trying to extract a claim. So they can get easy kills and easy loot.

If you want PvP to be great, you need to interest the ones who enjoy PvP and shooting each other, not the miners who are minding their own business.
    So I would think if a PK'er can only loot as much as he carries himselfe in lootable items it would bring more players into PvP as they know, if they kill the PK'er who want to loot the minerals he carries has also loot on himselve and also has to risks something to gain something.

Like all other professions, to gain something you have to risk something.
    Dont hunt/mine on taxed LA's it will hurt you in the long run.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    mg Joda VVV VVV
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I would think if a PK'er can only loot as much as he carries himselfe in lootable items it would bring more players into PvP as they know, if they kill the PK'er who want to loot the minerals he carries has also loot on himselve and also has to risks something to gain something.

Like all other professions, to gain something you have to risk something.
    I carry lots in pvp and stream my pos np
    Come get me

I like the ideas VH, i think many recipes where to complicated and bigger amps have become more easy obtainable so they rotated alot of older guns out.

There are quite alot of high damage mid range guns out there. lc60 lower skill req and similar dps to laserfaust. not as retarded in the one shot potential though.

Keep in mind bigger mid level guns like pk68 will just mean i survive a hit while beeing able to one shot every mid level player with 100 burn prot guarenteed at 186hp up to 388 hp.

Basically ur whole society. While u can try the same and ill have 200 hp left ^^
    Avatar name in game : mg Joda VVV VVV
    Game streaming : www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast