Let's Help MindArk Improve PvP - Idea Thread

My non-trolling 2 cents:

If Mindark removed Medi-Stims from Forts / LG, it would improve PvP plain and simple. I'm not accusing anyone specifically I just think its bullshit that someone with 400 hp+ can run around with an auto-mod fap pretty much indefinitely and the only way to kill em is to get a big crit or have multiple people hit them at the same time which, with the game mechanics is hard to do since it is not really designed to be a true first person shooter the way Quake or Unreal or even Call of Duty was.

So this post started with the intention to improve an aspect of the game that some of us actually enjoy, I doubt bickering is gonna show mindark that this is a part of the game that deserves attention/improvement.

I wanted to add another suggestion for a weapon damage type that is unique, with only certain armor sets / plates (crafted) protects against.

This would allow ores mined in PvP to have a real reason to be sought out, if they were included in the blueprints.

If not a new damage type, then maybe a gun that shoots cold damage, or something along those lines?

Also curious if MA would consider enforcing a level requirement for entering PvP non-lootable (yellow) zones, such as level 50 in any profession to keep the noob ratio down and make markup stable.

Last edited:
Some bugs I wanted to point out that need resolution:

Teleportation disruption via movement of an avatar by another.
Damage dealt to self with rocket launcher prevents loot from being taken if it overcomes the damage dealt by killer.
Damage dealt to player by mob will prevent loot from being taken by killer if over half HP / more damage than killer.
Charging teleportation chips while running cause significant lag if done by a high volume of players.

:rolleyes:

Damage dealt to self with rocket launcher prevents loot from being taken if it overcomes the damage dealt by killer.
Damage dealt to player by mob will prevent loot from being taken by killer if over half HP / more damage than killer.

This thing is so exploited now. Like the dmg from rocket in lootable should be absorbed to all players but the actual user of the rocked should not receive own damage. If they dont absord damage vapo will be to strong if you teleport on someone.

The problem is not the damage dealed to oneself by rocket.

What must be removed is this stupid "feature" that makes avatar unlootable when below 50% HP. :loco:

The problem is not the damage dealed to oneself by rocket.

What must be removed is this stupid "feature" that makes avatar unlootable when below 50% HP. :loco:

Agreed, it should go off system - i.e. if you kill them in system chat you get the loot.

It also would be cool to have an option to auto convert shrapnel to universal ammo, similar to while crafting, it has an option to use residue automatically.

Someone should give this man a medal for making a thread of the year on this forum.

All of the ideas and suggestions cant get any better. My fingers crossed and prayers prayed for MA to consider it all seriously and make some actions in very near future.

If even 1 change will be made that was suggested in this thread, my avatar wont leave pvp for a very long time.

Happy pk everyone.

Lets make a twist to it: Introduce new non tradable defensive skills to PvP, but no offensive ones.
This skill should only be gained in lootable PvP areas.

Another idea; make an instance like battle simulator that is of the Battle Royale genre I think MA missed the boat on this already unfortunately. They could have drug in some players from H1Z1, fortnite, pubg etc. Make a small entry fee and pool the peds to goto top 5 or 10. Have generic names for players so that teaming could be minimized. All players same health. Trial basis at first then if popular expand down the road and possibly use similar format later for LG's. If not for profit atleast could be a good forum to practice pvp and draw in others to build our small community.

Another idea; make an instance like battle simulator that is of the Battle Royale genre I think MA missed the boat on this already unfortunately. They could have drug in some players from H1Z1, fortnite, pubg etc. Make a small entry fee and pool the peds to goto top 5 or 10. Have generic names for players so that teaming could be minimized. All players same health. Trial basis at first then if popular expand down the road and possibly use similar format later for LG's. If not for profit atleast could be a good forum to practice pvp and draw in others to build our small community.

Or all those pvp players move to cyrene hub and do their dick comparison there? You can tell by the insane amounts of people at the hub how popular "fair"pvp really is in Entropia.

Or all those pvp players move to cyrene hub and do their dick comparison there? You can tell by the insane amounts of people at the hub how popular "fair"pvp really is in Entropia.

Maybe cyrene is small planet make something like the hub on caly where most people can compare their sizes fairly ?

Yeah it makes sense its all about fairness.
This is why we see Roger Federer play tennis with a village guy in a random African country with tennis rackets made of bamboos to be equal with the random guy who has no money to buy professional equipment.
This is why we see Usain Bolt running without shoes on a village field with some random to be equal with workers from rural area who live with 2$/day
This is why we see Lionel Messi play football in a 4th world country 8th division arena full of mud water and people trowing him lighters and bananas and toilet paper with opponents that play more kick boxing than football.
I will stop here with examples and I will say that PVP is a competition between 2 or more players and PVP at highest level means PVP4 and LG.
If there is no stake there is no PVP period and cyrene Hub is the perfect example why a trial planet stay trial.
Bring cash, bring incentives, bring vision and you will have people fighting 24/7.

I'd also love to see a good anti cheat system implemented. Far too much shady things happening with hit rates these days.

:confused::rolleyes::smoke:

Just turn the whole thing off... all problems solved.

:dunno:

They took away placing stuff, they took away mob health bars, they took away missions and NPCs, they can take away PvP and for good.

:rocket:

This is why we see Roger Federer play tennis with a village guy in a random African country with tennis rackets made of bamboos to be equal with the random guy who has no money to buy professional equipment.
This is why we see Usain Bolt running without shoes on a village field with some random to be equal with workers from rural area who live with 2$/day
This is why we see Lionel Messi play football in a 4th world country 8th division arena full of mud water and people trowing him lighters and bananas and toilet paper with opponents that play more kick boxing than football.
I will stop here with examples and I will say that PVP is a competition between 2 or more players and PVP at highest level means PVP4 and LG.
If there is no stake there is no PVP period and cyrene Hub is the perfect example why a trial planet stay trial.
Bring cash, bring incentives, bring vision and you will have people fighting 24/7.

Yeah. Pvp as it is is great on calypso. No unrelated examples needed.

Thread is about change, because pvp as it is now is a dead beat horse. If you cannot change then pvp will remain dead.

Yawn. I think you missed the point. :hammer:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yawn. I think you missed the point. :hammer:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

its your moment to shine and explain better what he meant maybe I can understand you better.

Shrink the safe zone around the revive in the tower near the claim rod so it doesn't extend outside the tower. This should not be difficult.

We have jamming profession with no mob to skill it on. Also shouldn't be difficult to implement.

LG LA's should have unique mobs.

Controlling society should have ability to adjust date and time of next LG, within reason.

Just a few off the top of my head....

Shrink the safe zone around the revive in the tower near the claim rod so it doesn't extend outside the tower. This should not be difficult.

We have jamming profession with no mob to skill it on. Also shouldn't be difficult to implement.

LG LA's should have unique mobs.

Controlling society should have ability to adjust date and time of next LG, within reason.

Just a few off the top of my head....

I agree with all except the 4th. I think having the seemingly randomized time schedule maximizes the probability of a transfer of power, which leads to more combat, which I think is a good thing. If a society can adjust the date and time of an LG, then they can intentionally schedule at times they know will be inconvenient for adversaries. This results in a single society having a significantly higher probability of retaining the land for longer periods of time and less and less competition to do so.

I agree with all except the 4th. I think having the seemingly randomized time schedule maximizes the probability of a transfer of power, which leads to more combat, which I think is a good thing. If a society can adjust the date and time of an LG, then they can intentionally schedule at times they know will be inconvenient for adversaries. This results in a single society having a significantly higher probability of retaining the land for longer periods of time and less and less competition to do so.

I suppose that could happen if a land controlling society was all European or all American and would set times good for them, but how many societies are like that? I was more thinking societies could schedule for daytime weekends so most people could participate.

I suppose that could happen if a land controlling society was all European or all American and would set times good for them, but how many societies are like that? I was more thinking societies could schedule for daytime weekends so most people could participate.

Perhaps a voting system could be implemented, in which members of rival societies can vote and the combined total wins out the time slot? This seems the most likely to result in maximum participation from all ends.

Just turn the whole thing off... all problems solved.

:dunno:

They took away placing stuff, they took away mob health bars, they took away missions and NPCs, they can take away PvP and for good.

:rocket:

Wait, they removed mob health bars? Geez that change is such a big impact I didn't even realize that it happened. But here is a suggestion, if you dislike pvp, avoid the zones maybe with pvp in them? And avoid the forum post designated to suggestions for improving pvp maybe? Just a thought

Wait, they removed mob health bars? Geez that change is such a big impact I didn't even realize that it happened. But here is a suggestion, if you dislike pvp, avoid the zones maybe with pvp in them? And avoid the forum post designated to suggestions for improving pvp maybe? Just a thought

Agreed. I dislike indoor mining. You know what I do? Something else. I don't go into mining forums and tell the miners they should all get stuffed.

If I go to my doctor and tell him it hurts when I look into the sun you know what he's going to say? Do something else.

Categorized, Instanced, team pvp games with actual objectives (WoW style. But With a buy-in/entry fee and subsequent prize pool, kind of like a poker tourney)

Categorized, Instanced, team pvp games with actual objectives (WoW style. But With a buy-in/entry fee and subsequent prize pool, kind of like a poker tourney)

I really like this idea. I think this would add a lot of diversity to the PvP aspect of the game.
A buy-in fee of something like 100 PED per participant, or perhaps a team entry fee. That could even be paid back in shrapnel from a crafted item, like the wave events or Aakas keys, and you just lose the MU PED, with a jackpot prize.

The jackpot could be divided between the winners with a high value / MU item, or even some more OP gear for PvP.
It could even replicate the HUB and grant items only used inside these instances / runs.

Just my thoughts on how to expand this concept.

really old pvp idea...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark
Crime and Punishment

Obviously the idea of real world and in-game money being interchangeable does lead to some interesting new issues though, such as what happens if somebody kills you and steals valuable equipment from your corpse. Arguably this is a form of theft, as you are taking something which has an easily identifiable real world value. "This will only occur when the player is not insured", Patric assured us. "When a player is insured it won't be possible to loot their possessions."

This mechanism also helps to deal with the notorious player killing issue, as not everybody enjoys fighting other players. "If you should decide to go out and kill other players you will automatically lose your own insurance for X amount of hours and be classed as an outlaw, meaning other players can kill you without punishment", Patric explained. "So those who wish to play Project Entropia as a PK should be very sure of what they're doing before they begin. It won't be much fun for them if they lose their possessions regularly."

The warning you get after you leave pvp zone that you can be looted for x amount of time already exists. Simply extend it... If an avatar loots another avatar KEEP THAT WARNING ON FOREVER, everywhere in game, both in and out of PVP zones... do the crime, do the time. Essentially after you loot someone you stay lootable yourself until someone does kill or loots you.

That sounds a really good idea. But what would happen to the person who killed the outlaw? Would that person become an outlaw then?
If so its like having the Black Spot placed on you :)

Back