PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Increase the number of LG land areas, and then divide them into at least 3 categories with professional standing limits during LG for all but the highest category. This way more people and societies might be interested if they don't have to worry about being blown away like a chirpy by some uber.
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.9 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vandal VandalHand Hand
    Society
    Takuta-matata
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark
    Crime and Punishment

Obviously the idea of real world and in-game money being interchangeable does lead to some interesting new issues though, such as what happens if somebody kills you and steals valuable equipment from your corpse. Arguably this is a form of theft, as you are taking something which has an easily identifiable real world value. "This will only occur when the player is not insured", Patric assured us. "When a player is insured it won't be possible to loot their possessions."

This mechanism also helps to deal with the notorious player killing issue, as not everybody enjoys fighting other players. "If you should decide to go out and kill other players you will automatically lose your own insurance for X amount of hours and be classed as an outlaw, meaning other players can kill you without punishment", Patric explained. "So those who wish to play Project Entropia as a PK should be very sure of what they're doing before they begin. It won't be much fun for them if they lose their possessions regularly."
    This is interesting.
    I've played games like Albion Online where you go into a PvP mode outside PvP zones, and others can attack you that do not have it enabled, but also can't loot your gear outside of lootable zones.

The concept is really entertaining to think about, and I think it would also offer a lot of players opportunity to kill outside PvP - similar to creature control capsules (which technically accomplish the same thing at this point).

Personally I would not mind being an outlaw if it means I get to own noobs outside PvP for those sweet kill streaks.

Twitch Channel

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Increase the number of LG land areas, and then divide them into at least 3 categories with professional standing limits during LG for all but the highest category. This way more people and societies might be interested if they don't have to worry about being blown away like a chirpy by some uber.
    Great idea!. Wonderful

Remove safe arrival buff from teleports, sucha silly thing in the first place. Should be disabled completely in pvp

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Stoica Alina Alina
    Society
    freeeeee
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocles View Post
    Remove safe arrival buff from teleports, sucha silly thing in the first place. Should be disabled completely in pvp
    it should only work once not multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    it should only work once not multiple times
    Yeah, that is true. Or maybe the bubble should work for mobs but not players, and if you shoot someone in a teleport it should drop them out of it, sadly that feature does not work to well. Also just going to restate that pyrite really should be removed from ashi, or make ashi lootable zone, which will never happen... But there needs to be something that is exclusive for pvp and some kind of incentive. As it stands there is really no point, nobody fights, why hunt muluk hir when rex drop spleen and outputs, with no risk to be looted, other than the one land grab that even gets contested anymore, there is never an opportunity to fight in pvp, nobody wants to burn limited equipment or spend the peds to fight if they do not gain anything from it. Was before my time when people would group and hunt players or mine in pvp4 together, and would actually have teams fighting out there, but that is the kind of thing that would be interesting, now its just if someone sees a green dot on radar, they drop some common dung and run away. Rather silly in my opinion, but then again its not like MA is actually going to read anything on the forums anyway.
    Last edited by Theocles; 11-03-2019 at 04:40.

John Lockside Lock
    Society
    Pk ck Coat Killer
    Images

Cool

Hey all, sorry I just saw this post.

I play EU since 2004, I saw many things changed on pvp.

I saw many times players wanted to improved the pvp experience with posts like that.

It's a great idea but MA don't want to change anything. That is because they are not player/gamer people but more likely financial people type (like Messi said on one of his post).
    They think like others company types => a dev cost must generate money after realese. That must include the dev cost + the potential revenu on a determinate time.

For me, there is two big problems :

- PVP is a small community so not the priority for MA.
    - EU pvp is and will be nerfed like all shoot game by people with cheating programs. It's sad, they ruined it but that will always happen. (for exemple, when MA remove the HP bar, a lot of players who said "No I don't cheat! I'm just a good PK" was no more good on PK xD, I don't give names but most of u know them ^^)

So, to have a chance to see MA work on pvp part of EU one day, for me, the ideas must be focused on :

- the dev cost can be easily absorbed by the new ideas.
    - the ideas need to be WIN/WIN for us and MA.
    - the ideas need to improved the pvp players community.

Some nice ideas was said :
    - LG splitted on differents categories as mayhem.
    - A fee at entrance was a good idea. That could create a pool who can be splited X% for MA and X% for players who loose LG. Winners win the lands. The loosers pool repartition could be based on kills made or cost spend.
    - More exclusive ressources with MU on lootable pvp like old days.

Some new ideas :
    - a special mining box can be only found on lootable pvp.
    - restaure only on lootable pvp the old mining spacecraft system who existed before VU 9.
    - on LG, a society can only win one or two lands. (people can't leave or join the society during time they had one).

Old things who need to be back :

- Vehicules not allowed on all rig pvp area
    - Pyrite/blood moss back only on lootable pvp

Just my opinion and my 2 pecs for the moment

Lockside.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Agreed, that would be awesome to get people involved at a lower level.

Another possibility would be to implement "soft caps" as well as equipment caps though, to equalize the playing field while still allowing all players to compete.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vandal VandalHand Hand
    Society
    Takuta-matata
    Quote Originally Posted by lockside View Post
    - EU pvp is and will be nerfed like all shoot game by people with cheating programs. It's sad, they ruined it but that will always happen. (for exemple, when MA remove the HP bar, a lot of players who said "No I don't cheat! I'm just a good PK" was no more good on PK xD, I don't give names but most of u know them ^^)
    Yes, they give radar to all, since only a few knew how to enable it if it's scrambled, and take away HP bar.

I don't this this was a nerf and here's why:
    They made it so much easier to TP chip onto someone, or away from them and abuse arrival protection.
    They gave us crosshairs that change color when over a valid target in PvP - making cheating / trigger botting still viable... thus fixing no issues and making the game easier to abuse in the process.

Other than this, I agree with everything you said with your post. Thanks for the feedback, Lockside.

Twitch Channel

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Destructible Walls, Items, etc. and a hell of a lot of bombs.

The Thing Oil Pvp zone was fun when it first started due to the randomness and ability to blow shit up, not just players and mobs. Expand that idea. Make it like a nuclear war zone that automatically will blow you up if you just stand in one place too long. Instead of just putting mobs in there make the entire environment destructible and complex like the mazes on Cyrene etc.

As for Cyrene, make those walls in the mazes there destructible too. Too many avatars there have figured out how to just hug the walls. Let us knock them damn walls down.

Also do a hell of a log more with grenades and rocket launchers than there is now, and add a whole line of them from starter to advanced levels. While at it do a whole line of tanks too with all levels of damage from starter to advanced, and allow them in certain pvp zones... allow any vehicle in certain zones... maybe make a special demolition derby type zone in some of the racetracks in game, where there's AI that actually races and does stuff... Every race track in game including the big one on FOMA just look so desolate and boring as it is now. Make it a pvp zone that is full of activity and AI that is actually doing stuff in fun ways that might be fun to watch or participate in.

In a lot of other games you have race tracks where players play against one another to beat one another to different way points that resets or allows winners with fastest daily speed to get some prize, etc. Make the ND racetrack do something like that perhaps... There's a few starter vehicle story lines in game, but not many, and definitely nothing advanced... fix that.

While at it do more with other story oriented stuff that isn't just pvp... Fight club is boring as hell now as it is... compets had the promise of something interesting at one point in time... expand that idea... lots have asked for pvp stuff like chess, checkers, and at one point we had a golf course in game that got demolished since then... hell at one point we had an entire capital city that had interesting buildings that probably could have been nice community centers for friendly pvp stuff like that, til that big crater came and took it away... all sorts of possibilities.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 11-03-2019 at 09:31.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast