Let's Help MindArk Improve PvP - Idea Thread

omsl the word you were searching for was not sarcasm but irony. But not "Like Rain on your Wedding Day; A Free Ride when your already there" because those are not examples of irony :)

And I am certainly not offended by people suggesting that I am "hysterical" or "low IQ" I know I am not & people will make their own minds over name calling nothing you or I can do about that.

My position on PvP is.
I am not against it ( hey omsl I have killed over 100 players so far - I am one of your mob, in that they were weaker & more hopless or afk then me if anything. But I take no credit for my "victories" )

I believe PvP is an interesting and worthwhile facet to this game.
I think skill in PvP is one of the true skills availabl & I am impressed by players like Daisy Coldfinger, Disabled, & others who are very good at it.
I have been killed on PvP many times and my response is (after the first few times when I was killed for no reason) has been "thanks for the skillz.
I think Land Grabs; Capture the Flag type events are exciting & fun. They represent the true face of PvP & should be promoted by MA more them and also now that ammo in these events has been made cheap.
Re lootable PvP - well I don't like it and so will never enter red zones - those that do accept the risks involved & have no right to complain.
I have been looted in Space by pirates - and while that grates, I have nothing against those who openly profess to being pirates.

OK!

What "triggers" me - so I end up lookling like the pic Sulje has posted (and I did think it was funny & sort of witty Sulje) is.

Pvpers who pick on far weaker players with high level guns & armour - just so they can get their kill count up. (that's you omsl, refer to the image I posted).

In Space players who act as pirates but loudly profess THEY are not pirates but ANTI PIRATES & are not collecting loot but reparations from who THEY deem to be pirates (though changes MA has made to space make it much fairer now )

In PvP, its like love & war There are no rules (exploits to the system though are cheating). If players can come up with a strategy that confuses PvPers - its up to the PvPer to think of a counter strategy - not to bother MA for special changes to make it easy just for them.
Other players who are in PvP zones are there not to become just a resource to be exploited by PvPers.

That is my final say on PvP - I will not say anything else. I am an ordinary player I am not a troll & cannot stand against the professional trollers here.

Last edited:
Leaving this thread open for now, but if there are any more rule violations, I will start handing out temp bans.

now we have a mindark official here - i am curious about your opinion on this matter, PVP that is. [Moderated to remove rule 2.3 violation]

i posted a video earlier:

as a result of making that video, i received a large amount of messages from people who wanted to try the game, asking how to get into the game, how the economy works, how much the weapons in the video cost, and it seemed like lots of people wanted to try entropia out, as many (50+ people who pm'd me) liked the idea of a pay-to-win shooter game. i even contacted MA, offering to make more high quality videos, as promotional material - I was never contacted back.

do you realise the missed opportunity you are sitting on as a company? why did you shut down orthos oil rig when it allowed new players to try pvp? there are so many interesting and creative ways you could evolve PVP, and bring thousands of new players to this game - but MA just seem completely uninterested in doing anything at all to encourage this - why is this? do you not want to increase the revenue of your business?

as an example, i messaged support about a rocket launcher weapon attachment for the pitbull, roughly 1.5 years ago, essentially the gun fires an expensive projectile, but it does no damage, to mobs or players - this has still not been fixed. if basic bugs (that cost players money) arent even fixed, what hope do we have you will ever take a proper look at evolving pvp?

this game could be 100x more popular than it is now, with the effective management of PVP, and some creativity (done very economically from your end, resulting in increased profit) and i have many ideas i would be happy to share to facilitate this. you have multiple people in this thread who have spent thousands of dollars on pvp, why dont you ask our opinions, or consult with us on how we work together and make this an attractive value proposition? myself, dragoon, vandal - the list goes on. Yet, rather than do that, you ignore us, and allow this thread to be completely hijacked by Rana's utter nonsense, and pointless postings of paragraph after paragraph, in some cases insulting other players - rana does not pvp, and is a clear forum troll - look at the above post what Rana wrote and many others that it has posted, Rana is constantly inflammatory and derails threads. if you want to improve pvp, talk to those of us who have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours on... PVP- work with us, consult with us - dont censor us and allow these threads to be hijacked by people like rana, who completely derail the debate, insult others, and contribute nothing that is grounded in the reality of the game or pvp

such a wasted opportunity, not even sure why i am wasting my time engaging with this

Last edited by a moderator:
[Moderated to remove reply to deleted post]

As far as Orthos Rig, MA did the right thing by shutting it down. It was not an opportunity for new players to experiment with PvP, it was a hunting preserve used by more experienced players of a certain type to bully & harass new players drawn to the place by the possibility of getting free oil.
In a way it probably did encourage new players to investigate PvP, motivated by a burning desire of revenge on the people who monstered them there.

Everything about PvP has been said already. Don't bother MA with yet more moaning. I trust they will do what is right.

So omsl, make some more videos - would be interesting. And if someone would make a video showing YOU being hunted - now THAT would be worth watching :)

I carry lots in pvp and stream my pos np
Come get me

I like the ideas VH, i think many recipes where to complicated and bigger amps have become more easy obtainable so they rotated alot of older guns out.

There are quite alot of high damage mid range guns out there. lc60 lower skill req and similar dps to laserfaust. not as retarded in the one shot potential though.

Keep in mind bigger mid level guns like pk68 will just mean i survive a hit while beeing able to one shot every mid level player with 100 burn prot guarenteed at 186hp up to 388 hp.

Basically ur whole society. While u can try the same and ill have 200 hp left ^^

So you're making the argument that PvP is unfair and should be totally abandoned by MA?
(not that they aren't doing that now anyway).

Not that I am against PvP zones, I largely don't care.
I care even less now that pyrite can be found outside of them.

It's one of the rare videos that's made by community which should be appreciated for spending personal time on. He might not be uber, but still it's pvp and it shows how can it be fun even at low levels with will to spend some money :)

There's nothing wrong with supporting each other, but I don't see how the community has made his video.
A video in which I could not see in any frame a weapon aimed against at him.
And yet this part of the community calls it PVP :scratch2:

A topic that is made to balance PVP this guy shows a video in which he kills new players of oil field who do not even have weapons. And on top of that, when someone explains to him, he calls him a troll. Guys are you... real?! It is not something that would impress me, on the contrary.

I am sure that if there are changes in PVP that drastically reduce the theft of resources, those who parade for PVP here we will not see them in any more video. That's why showing off that someone is a troll because you want to steal more and easy resources from miners and to kill the defenseless on Oil field is the biggest nonsense in this topic.

But see here, A Player vs Player... then A Player vs Players.. this is different than your understanding. And something that MA should take on focus on PVP areas. 20 minutes under the sight of various weapons is something impressive. A party that kills... one... weaker... is not.

Like Vandal, Theocles and many others, I'm also very passionate about pvp.

I did a lot of pvp in around 2008 (Dawn Daemons Rises and Dawn Daemons socs) and it was so much fun back then. There was really nothing else for me in the game. And there was a lot more people doing pvp as well.

I was there with the big land grabs with propably hundreds of people fighting. I was there when Gunzy held the oil rig alone for months and we did our best to throw him out. Often ended up with big battles with ck Coat Killers, Menace to Society, BAHQ and some others. And there was no vehicles so getting back to rig was always with tp chips or running. Oil rig was giving out 8-13 ped per drop if I remember correctly. I fought many times with Hulk in pvp4 when he was there with Tax Collectors soc.

Back then the weapons were mostly very weak. No tiers, not many big (L) items, no explosives, no medistims. This resulted in lower skilled players (like me) surviving for longer and the fights lasted longer. This lead to a lot more people doing pvp when they were not instantly killed like they are now. Starting pvp career today can be very demoralising when you do little to no damage against high tier armor and die in one shot from high tier gun.

I would also like to point out that before the Cryengine update (VU 10) the player movement felt more fluid (even if a bit laggy at times) resulting in better pvp gameplay.

VU 10 and the subsequent releases changed most of this and it was too big of a change for me. I left Entropia for seven years.

I returned to pvp after that but it wasn't the same. Very few players, very few good fights. LG is no longer a huge event of the year. Oil rig is waste of time. Fights in lootable usually last one shot. I kill in one shot, or I'm killed in one shot. Maybe some would say I shouldn't do lootable but I still love it.

I see the top level people asking for more powerful weapons and yes those have their place in Land Grabs but I would ask for opposite if I didn't know this is impossible. People have invested in tiering their pvp gear and high hp and it wouldn't be fair to nerf that. I would just love to get back to that old pvp without enhancers, rockets and pills. And I'm saying this even when I have tier 7 tango with 450+ max dmg. This is just my opinion but I feel that low damage was better. Could we maybe have a new max dmg and hp restricted area? Or annual pvp Mayhem for different skill levels?

I hope the upcoming Unreal Engine will make pvp gameplay better but I had same hopes for Cryengine. I will surely be there to test it out.

One last thing. Bring the Twin Peaks octagon back closer to the tp. It used to be a fun place for some quick opalo fights and pvp training :)

- Pate Twiffo Pallinaama

There's nothing wrong with supporting each other, but I don't see how the community has made his video.

A topic that is made to balance PVP this guy shows a video in which he kills new players of oil field who do not even have weapons. And on top of that, when someone explains to him, he calls him a troll. Guys are you... real?! It is not something that would impress me, on the contrary.

I am sure that if there are changes in PVP that drastically reduce the theft of resources, those who parade for PVP here we will not see them in any more video. That's why showing off that someone is a troll because you want to steal more and easy resources from miners and to kill the defenseless on Oil field is the biggest nonsense in this topic.

But see here, A Player vs Player... then A Player vs Players.. this is different than your understanding. And something that MA should take on focus on PVP areas. 20 minutes under the sight of various weapons is something impressive. A party that kills... one... weaker... is not.

Why are they in pvp without weapon😂

This video shows exactly what PvP is NOT.
Or at least what it should not be, but unfortunately can be in EU.

25 minutes of circling in a small cage, running and jumping, and spending hundreds of PED on various drugs etc..

If you put 2 fresh noobs, with a TT pistol and a FAP in that cage, you will get exactly the same endless fight.

That's why it's obviously better and more profitable to shoot people you dominate. :eek:
Understanding that the fight doesn't just happen when you shoot, but it starts long before when you've worked to skill, level up, and equip yourself with powerful gear.
But this concept is difficult to understand for some people, who are... (how to say this without the message being deleted by the moderation...?), who have a somewhat limited vision of reality.

So unless it's just a stupid ego battle, and that's probably what it is here.
The best thing to do when you meet a strong opponent, would be to have a friend come and help you send this player full of PEDs back to the revival. (y)
But I understand that having friends is not an option for some people... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am not against it ( hey omsl I have killed over 100 players so far - I am one of your mob, in that they were weaker & more hopless or afk then me if anything. But I take no credit for my "victories" )
My concept on PvP is that it should be fun, and I have never cared about making PED.

QhjBuwn.png

^ Picture for insight on "PvPer" with 100 kills. (roflmfao)

So let's get into something not covered here - the cost of PvP (non comprehensive):

Personally, for that achievement you see above:
If we assume 1 PED per kill - and this is Normal PvP zones (non-lootable), so no PED back - that's 10,000 PED~ estimated spent.

For Land Grabs:
If we then assume 300~ PED per person spent at Land Grab, with 20 persons on either side, we can conservatively estimate 12,000 PED is spent per land grab.
These land areas pay back about 60 PED a day - total among all society members, if you're lucky.

If we assume 60 PED a day, for the maximum 6 week rotation of a LA, we can expect to see 4,400~ PED returned.
This would be 7,600~ PED profit to MindArk.

So my question would be, why is MindArk not paying more attention to Land Grab in improvements and non-lootable PvP events?
It's obviously making them money, and I think the PvP community does most of the spending than any other subset of players in game.

In my time alone, I can only guess what I have spent... and to other players who litterally drop 10's of thousands of USD on gear and skill.

But who cares about a dude who is quitting this game?

Rant over - have fun and good luck everyone.
It's been a pleasure.

- VH

2017 was maybe last time I remember enjoying pvp
Combat log after fight shows 71 kills.

Well omsl I went back and looked at your video. I forced myself to make a point of doing so without any preconceived notions or opinions.
And I will be honest - the editing and lay out were excellent. (You have no idea how much I hated to admit that.)

I was going to suggest putting the same effort into recording the struggle involved in a Land Grab. And what do you know, there is a video by messi91 about that subject.
The concept was excellent but 1 hour 22 min of hell - making the exciting so bloody boring. It made me appreciate the effort you went to.

Why don't you make a video of a Land Grab - it would take a lot of work and you would need the cooperation of all parties.
But if you did manage to make one to your previous videos standard - it would be extremely interesting. And MA SHOULD pay you for your effort.

[Moderated to remove rule violation]

Back