PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Shrink the safe zone around the revive in the tower near the claim rod so it doesn't extend outside the tower. This should not be difficult.

We have jamming profession with no mob to skill it on. Also shouldn't be difficult to implement.

LG LA's should have unique mobs.

Controlling society should have ability to adjust date and time of next LG, within reason.

Just a few off the top of my head....
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.9 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shrink the safe zone around the revive in the tower near the claim rod so it doesn't extend outside the tower. This should not be difficult.

We have jamming profession with no mob to skill it on. Also shouldn't be difficult to implement.

LG LA's should have unique mobs.

Controlling society should have ability to adjust date and time of next LG, within reason.

Just a few off the top of my head....
    I agree with all except the 4th. I think having the seemingly randomized time schedule maximizes the probability of a transfer of power, which leads to more combat, which I think is a good thing. If a society can adjust the date and time of an LG, then they can intentionally schedule at times they know will be inconvenient for adversaries. This results in a single society having a significantly higher probability of retaining the land for longer periods of time and less and less competition to do so.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    I agree with all except the 4th. I think having the seemingly randomized time schedule maximizes the probability of a transfer of power, which leads to more combat, which I think is a good thing. If a society can adjust the date and time of an LG, then they can intentionally schedule at times they know will be inconvenient for adversaries. This results in a single society having a significantly higher probability of retaining the land for longer periods of time and less and less competition to do so.
    I suppose that could happen if a land controlling society was all European or all American and would set times good for them, but how many societies are like that? I was more thinking societies could schedule for daytime weekends so most people could participate.
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.9 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    I suppose that could happen if a land controlling society was all European or all American and would set times good for them, but how many societies are like that? I was more thinking societies could schedule for daytime weekends so most people could participate.
    Perhaps a voting system could be implemented, in which members of rival societies can vote and the combined total wins out the time slot? This seems the most likely to result in maximum participation from all ends.

Quote Originally Posted by GradenFoss View Post
    Just turn the whole thing off... all problems solved.

They took away placing stuff, they took away mob health bars, they took away missions and NPCs, they can take away PvP and for good.

Wait, they removed mob health bars? Geez that change is such a big impact I didn't even realize that it happened. But here is a suggestion, if you dislike pvp, avoid the zones maybe with pvp in them? And avoid the forum post designated to suggestions for improving pvp maybe? Just a thought

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocles View Post
    Wait, they removed mob health bars? Geez that change is such a big impact I didn't even realize that it happened. But here is a suggestion, if you dislike pvp, avoid the zones maybe with pvp in them? And avoid the forum post designated to suggestions for improving pvp maybe? Just a thought
    Agreed. I dislike indoor mining. You know what I do? Something else. I don't go into mining forums and tell the miners they should all get stuffed.

If I go to my doctor and tell him it hurts when I look into the sun you know what he's going to say? Do something else.

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Luna blackchip Tick
    Society
    Freelancer
    Categorized, Instanced, team pvp games with actual objectives (WoW style. But With a buy-in/entry fee and subsequent prize pool, kind of like a poker tourney)

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Vandal VandalHand Hand
    Society
    Takuta-matata
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackchip View Post
    Categorized, Instanced, team pvp games with actual objectives (WoW style. But With a buy-in/entry fee and subsequent prize pool, kind of like a poker tourney)
    I really like this idea. I think this would add a lot of diversity to the PvP aspect of the game.
    A buy-in fee of something like 100 PED per participant, or perhaps a team entry fee. That could even be paid back in shrapnel from a crafted item, like the wave events or Aakas keys, and you just lose the MU PED, with a jackpot prize.

The jackpot could be divided between the winners with a high value / MU item, or even some more OP gear for PvP.
    It could even replicate the HUB and grant items only used inside these instances / runs.

Just my thoughts on how to expand this concept.

Twitch Channel

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

really old pvp idea...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_mindark
    Crime and Punishment

Obviously the idea of real world and in-game money being interchangeable does lead to some interesting new issues though, such as what happens if somebody kills you and steals valuable equipment from your corpse. Arguably this is a form of theft, as you are taking something which has an easily identifiable real world value. "This will only occur when the player is not insured", Patric assured us. "When a player is insured it won't be possible to loot their possessions."

This mechanism also helps to deal with the notorious player killing issue, as not everybody enjoys fighting other players. "If you should decide to go out and kill other players you will automatically lose your own insurance for X amount of hours and be classed as an outlaw, meaning other players can kill you without punishment", Patric explained. "So those who wish to play Project Entropia as a PK should be very sure of what they're doing before they begin. It won't be much fun for them if they lose their possessions regularly."
    The warning you get after you leave pvp zone that you can be looted for x amount of time already exists. Simply extend it... If an avatar loots another avatar KEEP THAT WARNING ON FOREVER, everywhere in game, both in and out of PVP zones... do the crime, do the time. Essentially after you loot someone you stay lootable yourself until someone does kill or loots you.

Louise Ranavolana Brooks
    Society
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Images
    That sounds a really good idea. But what would happen to the person who killed the outlaw? Would that person become an outlaw then?
    If so its like having the Black Spot placed on you

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast