PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDameon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to be honest i want to play Entropia and deposit money to play, but the fact is with the US dollar and transfer fees i'm just no where near getting the bang for my buck.

I really think with how the US dollar and transfer fees and all this has gone MA needs to start thinking of how to make the game less expensive expensive to play. For example for me to start playing with my wife again i need to put in at least 500 ped worth but thats like going to cost me nearly 100 canadian dollars with exchange and transfer fees and all that. We can do a lot more with 100 dollars then what could end up being one weekend at most of gaming. I could buy two console games for that much and get a lot more fun out of it. Entropia is not the 100 year old scotch of gaming it's not worth paying a premium to play over every other game out there.

I honestly think they need to convert the whole economy and divide everything by 10. People dont mind paying to play but it needs to be worth it.
    Even with paypal still available back then, EU has always been a very expensive clickfest with almost no resemblance of active gameplay (Ppl have fallen sleep while hunting!!). It's quite surprising that even the most mediocre MMO feels really amazing after playing EU.

100 Canadian dollars = €68. I could buy 2 AAA games at that price and have a lot more fun/hour and last a lot longer than EU. Sure you can withdraw, but it's going to be really hard, you might as well just give up the money

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    Even with paypal still available back then, EU has always been a very expensive clickfest with almost no resemblance of active gameplay (Ppl have fallen sleep while hunting!!). It's quite surprising that even the most mediocre MMO feels really amazing after playing EU.
    how exciting is this:

Just sitting in your chair watching the weels spin.
    Knowing you will always lose in the end.

Welcome in Entropia!!

To bad there's no free drinks here.

honestly why would anyone be against adding crypto as a payment/withdraw method ped would just be another default stable coin relative to the usd and there are plenty of services that will do the almost real time exchange rate themselves plus no more hassle with banks to withdraw and a lot less time as the request for as the usd backing the ped would only have to go through a conversion to whatever coin is being used then transferred to the requested payout wallet and if ma keeps a wallet with a balance in it all that would need to be done is for someone on their end to submit the payout (as I am guessing for legal reasons they need to have that manual and to do any fraud checking etc) the process will easily go down from the 3 months we have now with a ton of fees to within a week or 2 at most while they streamline it - we might even be able to eventually mint our items (with coins like enjin) and give the option for eu to be like every other blockchain mmo that is being developed now (far less overhead that way as well so there could even be better payouts) - none of these options would even prevent the standard wire transfer or use of another service to withdraw or deposit as they would be able to do all of this without affecting the current in game systems.

also the usd is not necessarily going to be the gold standard for much longer regardless if anyone is paying attention to the political climate so crypto will make it a lot easier to change that if it should become necessary

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Either add cryptocurrency OR if you cannot (for legal reasons, for example), just don't ban and cooperate with people like my fiends who like earning extra money and PR and have KYC policies for customers and staff who will personally commit trades as part of their p2p arbitrage jobs.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pham View Post
    Either add cryptocurrency OR if you cannot ...
    they tried, they failed, next topic please. or do you really wanna let them try again?
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
    Society
    House of Gamers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by theProphet View Post
    they tried, they failed, next topic please. or do you really wanna let them try again?
    They tried to create their own token is not the same thing as accepting crypto as payment.Accepting btc/eth as payment is nothing should scare anyone.
    I have a crypto card I paid once in EU just to see if it works.Its a wirex card (https://wirexapp.com/card), you simply load with any crypto they support and make the payment anywhere like any other visa.The card itself does an internal exchange and you end up paying in any currency with your crypto.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    They wont add crypto at least for a very long time and they're smart to keep it that way. They have no actual value, nothing backing them and are completely unstable. They could be worth something today and worthless tomorrow before they cash them in after giving u ped for them. Theres soo many crypto scams going on I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get banned completely.

Not to mention security! Im not into my money sitting online someplace to be hacked, frozen or stolen, Cash is king!

*edit* I realize EU is exactly that but not liking it =p
    Last edited by mspatterson; 11-06-2019 at 17:34. Reason: added edit line
    ✘✘✘ ViP™₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
    They tried to create their own token is not the same thing as accepting crypto as payment.Accepting btc/eth as payment is nothing should scare anyone.
    "must spread rep".... Seriously, what year is it? There's plenty of crypto payment providers that integrate as easily as Paypal now. It is trivial for MA to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    They wont add crypto at least for a very long time and they're smart to keep it that way. They have no actual value, nothing backing them and are completely unstable. They could be worth something today and worthless tomorrow before they cash them in after giving u ped for them. Theres soo many crypto scams going on I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually get banned completely.

Ok boomer

BTW, NZ just passed legislation that allows employers to pay workers salaries in crypto. Welcome to the present.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    "must spread rep".... Seriously, what year is it? There's plenty of crypto payment providers that integrate as easily as Paypal now. It is trivial for MA to implement.

Ok boomer

BTW, NZ just passed legislation that allows employers to pay workers salaries in crypto. Welcome to the present.
    Good luck to ya bruce
    ✘✘✘ ViP™₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Storm Spawn Bootcamp
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    Good luck to ya bruce
    biddi biddi .........oww. that's not battlestar galactica.

its. its

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast