PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images

Put castles on the auction

Hi Caly Dev team

The following castles are still MA owned. They should be released to the auction house as they lay dormant.

Grauschloss Castle - MindArk owned, Pos: 65873, 70031

Gustavborg Castle - MindArk owned, Pos: 58385, 84069

Wulfstone Castle - MindArk owned, Pos: 78317, 95546

Many players would like to own and use them. Please action this request and let us know when this will happen? Maybe next week?

Regards
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    How much do u think 1 castle will be bought for?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    True TJ Juan
    Society
    Cz-Sk Crows
    Images
    I think they should slowly release all estates they own. Still a lot around...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ihazbackup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much do u think 1 castle will be bought for?
    As long as its starting bid of 200k should be okay then otherwise no

Quote Originally Posted by True Juan View Post
    I think they should slowly release all estates they own. Still a lot around...
    There's no reason to do this as it would hurt the current owners investments. People wanting to buy estates can always do so by going to existing sellers of estates for example my Morningtear castle shop has all kinds of estates on sale.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Konrad Nightstalker
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    There's no reason to do this as it would hurt the current owners investments. People wanting to buy estates can always do so by going to existing sellers of estates for example my Morningtear castle shop has all kinds of estates on sale.
    Correct me if I'm wrong since I've never owned any LA/castle/shop/booth here

* If MA sells those castles themselves with, let's say, 100k PED starting bid, that $10k will come to them instead to other players and MA is free to do whatever they want with the cash since the new castle owner now only has 1 pec castle deed (?), so that $10k is no longer liability for MA (ofc after 6 months according to the EULA).

* I don't really see all those shop/LA/castle owners as investors. Investors are the ones that own company stock in Mindark itself. shop/LA/castle owners are just, well, players that deposit a lot of money and decide to "own" a part of the game world, which still belongs to Mindark.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's also a ton of apartments, shops, and other assets in game Mindark's never parted with either...

They haven't done much with the snug idea yet...

Perhaps make the snugs upgradeable to a castle... I think originally they wanted people to have 9 clds together for a plot, etc. Maybe if you turn in 100 clds you get a castle... and it'd convert them from cld or cld(x) to NOTHING but the castle plot deed?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    There's also a ton of apartments, shops, and other assets in game Mindark's never parted with either...

They haven't done much with the snug idea yet...

Perhaps make the snugs upgradeable to a castle... I think originally they wanted people to have 9 clds together for a plot, etc. Maybe if you turn in 100 clds you get a castle... and it'd convert them from cld or cld(x) to NOTHING but the castle plot deed?
    If MA were smart they would offer the castles as a complete trade in for CLD.
    Example: 100 CLDs and you get the castle deed, thats it.
    Then that is extra revenue they no longer need to payout weekly...not sure what the average dividend for the CLD's are right now but it used to be around 3ped each, so that would be 300ped a week/15,600ped a year, no longer required to give out.

May not sound like much and i'm sure they could have a reverse bid using CLD's starting at like 300 CLD or something and decrease by 1 a day or every 12 hours, etc. and get quite a bit of CLD's out of the game.
    Do that for a whole bunch of things they still own, estates, LA's, banks, malls, items etc and many CLD will be out of the game allowing more for development.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    If MA were smart they would offer the castles as a complete trade in for CLD.
    Example: 100 CLDs and you get the castle deed, thats it.
    Then that is extra revenue they no longer need to payout weekly...not sure what the average dividend for the CLD's are right now but it used to be around 3ped each, so that would be 300ped a week/15,600ped a year, no longer required to give out.

May not sound like much and i'm sure they could have a reverse bid using CLD's starting at like 300 CLD or something and decrease by 1 a day or every 12 hours, etc. and get quite a bit of CLD's out of the game.
    Do that for a whole bunch of things they still own, estates, LA's, banks, malls, items etc and many CLD will be out of the game allowing more for development.
    An asset they sold for 1k peds valuation they now would need to buy back at 2k ped valuation. Seems like a pretty crappy deal to me. Yes it will reduce the payouts they need to make but then those payouts are itself dependant on how well the game is doing, which if they are doing badly will turn to zero anyways.

I do not see any reason for them to not sell it for direct peds and make it dependant on CLD purchases as it will invariably reduce the number of bidders and thereby reduce the amount they can get for the assets.

As for castle, put a TP near it and put it for auction at 100/150k SB with no BO and 1 month bidding period.
    This is assuming they have plans to sell it, if not then let it be as it is.

Divinity

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    An asset they sold for 1k peds valuation they now would need to buy back at 2k ped valuation. Seems like a pretty crappy deal to me.
    Well its not a good deal for players
    You would think that MA need to buy back at current valuation, but that's not really the case.
    There are plenty of players out there who would go for that deal. The valuation wouldn't matter as much as it should, only what the players would trade for it, hence the reverse bid. It would get to the level where someone would think its a good enough deal for them to make money (or maybe they just like to have whatever that item/estate/la/caste is for themself). End of the day, its some pixels for MA and they can always come up with more whenever they feel like it.

Sure the player would be comparing it against current valuation, but they will also take into account the fact that someone else may scoop it up first. Not everyone has your business smarts in this game Div, there are many that over pay for, well anything.

And they would get some CLD's out of the game for good (like they have with accounts that have been banned/abandoned, etc).

And yes, they would make more from selling direct, but if they plan to have the game around for a long time, reducing the circulating CLD is a good thing for them (not for us LOL).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Tony KingofAces Hans
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    An asset they sold for 1k peds valuation they now would need to buy back at 2k ped valuation.

Divinity
    I'm not sure how I ultimately think of the idea of doing CLD bids over PED, but MA wouldn't be buying back at 2k. The only thing that would factor into costs in this case would be if MA wants to consider what they "paid" for development of castles, (time, labor, etc.) in the first place to factor in (i.e., Net gain = 1k gain from previous deed sale - "PED" spent creating the estates - to-date CLD payouts + future CLD payouts).

The MU on the deeds is irrelevant to MA at least at this point in time if they went this route. Not so much the case on the player side, but doing this from MA's perspective could be smarter than doing a straight deed buyback with PED depending on how it was done. That's solely from an ROI perspective though. If it was a straight buyback, then MU on the deeds would matter to MA.

The tougher question is how to release MA owned estates. They probably should be making unowned ones at least available to a degree, but definitely not a mass-release either. This is probably complicated by actual MA owned estates vs unclaimed estates or inactive players, which is a different subset I thought was supposed to be auctioned off whenever the players account was eventually closed for inactivity after a year or whatever it was.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast