PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to add my request to the CEO to look to sell this game to a more competent company. I have no faith or respect for the MA team. The fact you have to write this letter to begin with illustrates my point perfectly.

Sell the game or sell the company? Since EU is their only real IP and primary source of income, I can't see them selling the game - they would need to sell the company and its assets. Depending on the shareholder agreement, this may be tough to do. Jan Timkrans and C-G Bothen own just over 51% of the company, I'm sure that is no accident, and so you'll need to get the idea through them first.

Even if all the chips were to fall in place, you have to imagine this whole business model has got to be a tough sale to any sane investor.

Investor: Ok let me get this straight. It's a free-to-play MMO, but instead of any of the well-tested income models, you are basically saying that all of the money put into it can be given back at any time so is on your balance sheet as a huge liability?

MA: Yep

Investor: LOL next
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DavinFelth View Post
    These are all well written and thought out topics that should be addressed.
    I still go back to one of the first CEO's communication with us saying there would be more communication.
    I was not shocked to see business as usual and hear from CEO or even any formal announcement with the same low and limited frequency as always. I don't know what is going on over there, but they do this all the time. They got all these plans and ambitions and then just total silence for months. Either way can we please get some communication from the company FFS?

I agree.

A little communication would go a long way. MA know this from the really positive response from the community when they did the AMA, so I don't know why it's all gone quiet again.

A single 'community manager' as a point of contact for the forums would be invaluable IMHO.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Enviro Larry Lagoono
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    I would like to add my request to the CEO to look to sell this game to a more competent company. I have no faith or respect for the MA team. The fact you have to write this letter to begin with illustrates my point perfectly.

I think that's a little unfair.

Yes, the previous management really made a mess (I personally think we were close to a point of irreversible decline), but new management have shown to be working hard to fix the damage done by their predecessors (scrapping the insane side projects, starting to deliver on some of the old promises, delivering updates people actually want, etc).

Such damage can't be fixed overnight, but I'm confident we will get there.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Alex Solo Solo
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    ah the lost space update...

...i quit the game when i saw mindark doing nothing regarding this... if they ever move the lot, i probably give it a login again but their nose is longer than pinoccio‘s...

alot would say man the way you piloted in the past and all the time now passed by you could be lvl 200 captain by now.. jaja, all you ever needed against stagger‘s pirates was to navigate and rotate correctly.

can still remember having guests like James Jimmy Stryker or the lads from cK full of loot on board, those never logged off while travel xD

cant even make a list of passengers, i would miss to write down way too many of the great people we met.

Starfighter XXIV and the crew of entropiatransport in Orbit, warp with us and drop the warp price to 16pec per head xD

all you need is stardust...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Entropia Studios: Twin Peaks Mall, Floor 1, #4
    Shard-Angel
    Society
    Project Entropia
    Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    This is another place where there is plenty of room for improvement. Shops need visibility, and in a MMO game, that visibility comes first from being located where new players see them early, and situated in ways that make access easy and convenient. It also needs to be easy to clearly indicate what sort of merchandise a shop is stocked with, without requiring interested passersby to jump through too many hoops.
    In Star Wars Galaxies (RIP) there used to be a BAZAAR system that listed both, the Auctions, and anything sold by Vendors/Shopkeepers residing inside Player Housing ANYWHERE across the galaxy of many planets.

Regardless of WHERE these vendors were located, whether deep inside entirely player-built CITIES, or that remote cliff overhang volcano waterfall house that you fell in love with and set up shop in - these were ALL searchable via this terminal.

Function: Player types in and searches for what they're seeking. Once an item is located, player creates a waypoint with the planet name, and x,y,z coordinate location and heads on over to the location and purchases it directly from player shop/vendor.

LISTING: Once a player places an item in a SHOP or SHOPKEEPER, it automatically gets LINKED into the EU universal database at the next game "tick". This LINKING into the network is automatic - so all existing SHOPS + SHOPKEEPERS are are linked in and thus do not require any interaction from any abandoned player shops either.

Having all vendors/shopkeepers on a universal database would be amazing and would certainly revitilize the economy and make it easier for MU% bargain hunting. This would also prevent stagnation of player vendor/shopkeepers since they will always be visible from anywhere in the universe.

Here is a very nice guide as to how it worked:

Devs, if its ONE thing you aim for in 2020, please make this happen!
    Last edited by Shard-Angel; 12-04-2019 at 11:35.

Points to ponder
    1 day work @Minimum wage in McDonald's = 500 peds
    1 week with $10,000+ investment for 100 CLDs
    in Entropia = 400 peds

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    1. Space ...
    Agreed.

2. Taming and stables
    Agreed.

3. Land plots
    Honestly it felt to me like the fruit farming came as an afterthought, just something to squeeze in to appease some of the investors who dumped cash on their plots. The development of buildings should be revisited.

4. Hangars
    While I would not be opposed to hangars having more uses, the majority of hangars are now separated from the owners of privateers - so I would be very concerned if they coupled them.

5. Items in loot. Crafters used to be able to craft and supply the EU population with a variety of goods. Unfortunately the drop rates for many ingredients for BPs is rare to say the least and crafters can't make anything.
    Here I have to disagree with you. It appears to me that MA intentionally adjusted drop rates on components for old weaponry to make them obsolete. The system was replaced by the ArMatrix system without forcefully removing the old blueprints from the player base (which I commend). The consequence is that now we have a vast collection of obsolete blueprints which many players have not accepted as obsolete.
    Under the old system you had rare unlimited blueprints for high demand weapons which could be (and were) monopolized by a few crafters. The new ArMatrix system allows literally anybody to go grab a blueprint and start crafting. It has opened the crafting profession to lay persons, and provided much needed improvements on markup stability for hunting loot (primarily oils).

6. Dead planets
    My understanding is that the planets largely work their own development, and so I don't know how much control MindArk has over their development. I question whether they should be heavily involved, as I think it would be best for the more creative teams to handle their own planets (look at Arkadia).
    That being said, no matter how great their development teams may be, MindArk seems to have structured their platform in such a way which directly competes with their planet partners. Since MindArk has the final say in everything, it is painfully difficult for the planet partners to stay afloat when MindArk is continually providing content which directly competes with their own planets.
    For example, Mayhem instances being put in the Global Events list seemed like a great step forward, until you arrived on Arkadia and found out that the repeatable missions with highly attractive rewards are exclusively available on Calypso.
    When Mayhem isn't going we've got Hogglo Diablos, Mutant spawns, Big Bulks, etc.
    Rather than make plans for other planets, MindArk should make plans to stop directly competing with them continuously.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    RexDameon Rex Andreosn
    Society
    Entropia Pioneers
    Images
    What the game needs is a larger player base. They need to make the game more affordable. The changes to teiring is a good step forward but we need more and fast.
    Still trying to figure this game out after 14 years.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDameon View Post
    What the game needs is a larger player base. They need to make the game more affordable. The changes to teiring is a good step forward but we need more and fast.
    this whole universe is such a crash site, that it needs more than only a larger player base. we had that already, and 99% learned that EU isn't for everyone. that said, what changes exactly are you talking about? what is the longterm vision, but demotivated players, or pissed item tierers, or early (and maybe disappointed) risk investors of all kind?

EU needs a new grand vision, and for the fucking fucks sake of it .... improved communication finally
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post

That being said, no matter how great their development teams may be, MindArk seems to have structured their platform in such a way which directly competes with their planet partners. Since MindArk has the final say in everything, it is painfully difficult for the planet partners to stay afloat when MindArk is continually providing content which directly competes with their own planets.
    For example, Mayhem instances being put in the Global Events list seemed like a great step forward, until you arrived on Arkadia and found out that the repeatable missions with highly attractive rewards are exclusively available on Calypso.
    When Mayhem isn't going we've got Hogglo Diablos, Mutant spawns, Big Bulks, etc.
    Rather than make plans for other planets, MindArk should make plans to stop directly competing with them continuously.
    The idea behind planet partners was for them to bring in their own players to the game. They have not done too much of their own advertising instead they continue to leech of the existing player base

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Geo Clone
    Society
    Victory
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    The idea behind planet partners was for them to bring in their own players to the game. They have not done too much of their own advertising instead they continue to leech of the existing player base
    Well, tbf, I think if you are new and you search for Entropia Universe, it automatically refers you to start on Planet Calypso. This is an unfair advantage Calypso has over other PPs, imo.

IMHO, when you download and install Entropia Universe, before, after or even during your avatar creation, you should be given an option as to what planet (or moon) to start on.

It should be less of a competition a more of a Partnership, that is not so one sided.
    But that’s just my opinion and probably conflicts with PP contracts or agreements and potentially other factors.
    Last edited by Geo; 12-02-2019 at 22:42.

www.victory-ms.com
    https://discord.gg/j4GfC8f
    ❍ ●° .∘· ↭ ·⌀ .• ◦· ⌱
    BUYING:[Armor Plating Mark.7A, SGA Edition]x1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast