Male | Male
    George Ace Skywalker
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, tbf, I think if you are new and you search for Entropia Universe, it automatically refers you to start on Planet Calypso. This is an unfair advantage Calypso has over other PPs, imo.
    Someone searching for Entropia Universe should be automatically referred to Calypso as its from advertising related to EU by MindArk.

Likewise if someone searches for a planet partner then they should be automatically referred to that PP. It's just that PP's are not doing much in the way of their own advertising.

Imho MindArk should have stipulated in PP's agreements from the very beginning that a certain percentage of their income has to be dedicated to advertising. That would have forced them to allocate a budget towards advertising.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    George Geo Clone
    Society
    Victory
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post
    Someone searching for Entropia Universe should be automatically referred to Calypso as its from advertising related to EU by MindArk.

Likewise if someone searches for a planet partner then they should be automatically referred to that PP. It's just that PP's are not doing much in the way of their own advertising.

Imho MindArk should have stipulated in PP's agreements from the very beginning that a certain percentage of their income has to be dedicated to advertising. That would have forced them to allocate a budget towards advertising.
    I am not sure what advertising it is you are referring to, that MA does. As I have never seen any.
    I have heard, in the past, of generic Google banners that existing players have seen as they already play the game and do searches related to EU. But I don’t think even these exist anymore.
    Like most people, I found PE/EU through word of mouth. Most of the publicity EU receives is from internet buzz that exists because of its player base and their activities inside the Universe.

www.victory-ms.com
    https://discord.gg/j4GfC8f
    ❍ ●° .∘· ↭ ·⌀ .• ◦· ⌱
    BUYING:[Armor Plating Mark.7A, SGA Edition]x1

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I am not sure what advertising it is you are referring to, that MA does. As I have never seen any.
    I have heard, in the past, of generic Google banners that existing players have seen as they already play the game and do searches related to EU. But I don’t think even these exist anymore.
    Like most people, I found PE/EU through word of mouth. Most of the publicity EU receives is from internet buzz that exists because of its player base and their activities inside the Universe.
    There are ads currently running which include more than just banners. There is a particular video ad which pops up on youtube every now and then with a quad wing in space combat and several views from Calypso. It's actually fairly well made. Unfortunately it only seems to pop up when the algorithm detects that you use Entropian websites like PCF and Entropiawiki, so it mostly advertises to current players.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack View Post
    There are ads currently running which include more than just banners. There is a particular video ad which pops up on youtube every now and then with a quad wing in space combat and several views from Calypso. It's actually fairly well made. Unfortunately it only seems to pop up when the algorithm detects that you use Entropian websites like PCF and Entropiawiki, so it mostly advertises to current players.
    and it only pops up when you dont use an adblocker (like 95% of gamers)

5. 12-03-2019, 07:08
    Reason
    3.6 - Real-world Controversial Discussion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Captain Jack Daniels
    Society
    Captain Jack's Booty Hole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    and it only pops up when you dont use an adblocker (like 95% of gamers)
    That is okay, this game really doesn't appeal to 95% of gamers.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Toni Chiee Lahderinne
    Society
    Drop Zone
    Images
    I dont understand why MA should advertise other planet partners than their own Calypso.
    Other planet partners can use money for advertising and get players to their planets and then they get their share of the player incomes. It doesnt belong for MA in anyway to attract people to other planets than their own.

I can just say that if I would own planet for sure I would advertise it and not expect MA does that for me.

Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
    Society
    Entropia Pioneers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like the idea of privateers being able to land in hangars... that seems like it could work. Get a load of people on board and off you go. Teleporting to space always felt a bit like a sticking plaster for an unfinished system. I seem to remember on of the planets had one in the sky anyhow?

Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    So it's been month and nothing happened. Nothing will happen in 2020 nor in 2021 as I stated previously.

Go buy some peds, MA needs some money for christmas bonuses.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSkywalker View Post

aren't the pp contracts renewed yearly? Add a new clause...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Prophet the Prophet from Planet Zen
    Society
    ░▒▓ IRIDIUM ░▒▓
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    aren't the pp contracts renewed yearly? Add a new clause...
    yeh as if anyone would know about their contracts
    Free from desire, you realize the mystery. Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations. Yet mystery and manifestations
    arise from the same source. This source is called darkness. Darkness within darkness. The gateway to all understanding. 道德經 老子
    Eyes closed -.-

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast