PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images

Open letter to CEO

Dear Henrik Nel
    CEO, MindArk PE AB

It was the 25th September 2018 when we last heard from you. 2019 has been an interesting year with a few tweaks to the system etc, but mostly the usual Mayhem events and a few new items.

I guess I write an open letter to ask about those legacy items, things that are still on the back burner that the playerbase wants to see completed.

Such things are
    1. Space - when will we see new ships and upgrades to space its self to bring it up to speed with other space themed MMOs. EU lags far behind in the abilities for players to navigate space, skills to use certain spacecraft, space mining, player controlled warp gates etc etc

2. Taming and stables - We have pets that do a few things and stables that do very little. Pets should really be given some functionality. Such as being able to spawn more than one at once, use them for advertising like in the old days, give them attack features to assist in hunting etc
    Stables need a purpose. They went on sale years ago and still don't have much purpose.

3. Land plots - This is Calypso specific, but the development seems to have stopped. We build Snugs, grew basic crops. What happened to the bigger buildings? What happened to an economy where farmed fruits could be used in many blueprints?

4. Hangars - Again Calypso specific. They were returned to players, but have no function other than being pretty houses. Surely you could at least adjust the animation for Privateers to appear to enter the atmosphere like a quad, then pilot flies the privateer to their hangar and land it like a quad. This would at least allow a better planet based transport system

5. Items in loot. Crafters used to be able to craft and supply the EU population with a variety of goods. Unfortunately the drop rates for many ingredients for BPs is rare to say the least and crafters can't make anything.

6. Dead planets - Toulan, Next Island what is the plan? Rocktropia and Cyrene...what is the plan?

In your last letter to us you had indicated that for the rest of 2018 and Q1 2019 it would be a repair of certain systems, which you have been doing.

For the rest of 2019 and 2020, what can we as customers expect to see both in system content EU wide and in terms of specific planet legacy item repairs (Stables, Taming, Hangars, Land Plots etc)

Fellow players this is just an open letter, an open request to the CEO to reach out to the loyal playerbase to show us where the game is going over the next 4 quarters 2019/20.

Keep it clean and ask questions on what needs to be addressed that I may have missed.

Cheers
    Bjorn
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 – May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

great points

I wish we would give NEVERDIE's plans reconsideration. His Teleport token woud have been a huge game develpment helping vehicles of all types become more usefull.

Really NEVERDIE spent years working on that plan as part of his Presidency. And everyone freaked out at the idea of having a small fee to use TP's. Or drive. Myself included. But giving it more thought on how the game is failing to progress without these changes. I kinda wish we could all give NEVERDIE a bit more credit for doing so much for our community. And trust his vision. Make Entropia Great Again

Maybe this TP coins system had somethign to do with the space changes. So in a way we created the log jam. We have only ourselves to blame for resisting changes.

It would be nice to ensure each planet has a shop area. With shops that are open. Or heck make a oil rig on every planet mandatory. And you will see people going to them I garuntee. Even a slow rig is better then nothing.

Im optimistic for the future of Entropia ! Miracle its gone on this long already <3

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leland View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish we would give NEVERDIE's plans reconsideration. His Teleport token woud have been a huge game develpment helping vehicles of all types become more usefull.
    It seems both you and neverdie are smoking the same thing. Please pass some along.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    While addressing this stuff, what about addressing some uh, other things...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/EWFnFJdpUUb39rva9

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Count Sinner Gism
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    Great post but in all honesty theres not enough purpose for the currently existing ships in space. They should focus on purpose before more ships. Again I hope huge space boss makes it into the storyline soon and well have a better idea of spaces potential. This will create demand and interest in both using ships and upgrading them. Also somehow fix the safe logout so there is reason to skill.

Space boss and remove safe logout will dramatically change space and should take almost no tie to implement!

Also fix quad logout.. revive at the last space station you were docked at or passed thru the safe area! Problem solved
    ✘✘✘ ViP™₩₳₹₱ - 24/7 Mobile Offline Messaging - https://discord.gg/EA2gkVh

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leland View Post
    I was one of the first people to consider this a great idea when it was initially suggested. But the problem remains the same - it's too progressive to be accepted my the masses. There are still people up in arms over the fact you can just pay a fee to TP down from foma and monria.

To the OP - the biggest change we had in 2019 was the absolutely essential, super critical new camera system. Which arguably has castrated some game functionality down on par with a typical mobile app. I mean really, can anyone name a single other game that's not on mobile where a press and hold mechanic exists for bringing up an in-game menu?

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Roger Spacejanitor Wilco
    Society
    (Col.) Arkadia Rouchnecks
    Images
    Hendrik Nel. As jy Afrikaans praat tjom, dan moet jy bietjie nader skuif en lekker gesels met my hoor.

Isle of Troy Plot #5 & Southern Ithaca Plot #14
    Nea's Place TP & Sanctuary Cove TP & Aakas Island Arkadia. Starfinder XIII & Firebird

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Removing safe logout would result in my never carrying loot between planets.
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    Dear Henrik Nel
    CEO, MindArk PE AB

1. Space - when will we see new ships and upgrades to space its self to bring it up to speed with other space themed MMOs. EU lags far behind in the abilities for players to navigate space, skills to use certain spacecraft, space mining, player controlled warp gates etc etc

2. Taming and stables - We have pets that do a few things and stables that do very little. Pets should really be given some functionality. Such as being able to spawn more than one at once, use them for advertising like in the old days, give them attack features to assist in hunting etc
    Stables need a purpose. They went on sale years ago and still don't have much purpose.

3. Land plots - This is Calypso specific, but the development seems to have stopped. We build Snugs, grew basic crops. What happened to the bigger buildings? What happened to an economy where farmed fruits could be used in many blueprints?

4. Hangars - Again Calypso specific. They were returned to players, but have no function other than being pretty houses. Surely you could at least adjust the animation for Privateers to appear to enter the atmosphere like a quad, then pilot flies the privateer to their hangar and land it like a quad. This would at least allow a better planet based transport system

5. Items in loot. Crafters used to be able to craft and supply the EU population with a variety of goods. Unfortunately the drop rates for many ingredients for BPs is rare to say the least and crafters can't make anything.

6. Dead planets - Toulan, Next Island what is the plan? Rocktropia and Cyrene...what is the plan?

Cheers
    Bjorn
    Yes please!
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Davin Trooper Felth
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    These are all well written and thought out topics that should be addressed.
    I still go back to one of the first CEO's communication with us saying there would be more communication.
    I was not shocked to see business as usual and hear from CEO or even any formal announcement with the same low and limited frequency as always. I don't know what is going on over there, but they do this all the time. They got all these plans and ambitions and then just total silence for months. Either way can we please get some communication from the company FFS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast