Open letter to CEO

Well, tbf, I think if you are new and you search for Entropia Universe, it automatically refers you to start on Planet Calypso. This is an unfair advantage Calypso has over other PPs, imo.

Someone searching for Entropia Universe should be automatically referred to Calypso as its from advertising related to EU by MindArk.

Likewise if someone searches for a planet partner then they should be automatically referred to that PP. It's just that PP's are not doing much in the way of their own advertising.

Imho MindArk should have stipulated in PP's agreements from the very beginning that a certain percentage of their income has to be dedicated to advertising. That would have forced them to allocate a budget towards advertising.

Someone searching for Entropia Universe should be automatically referred to Calypso as its from advertising related to EU by MindArk.

Likewise if someone searches for a planet partner then they should be automatically referred to that PP. It's just that PP's are not doing much in the way of their own advertising.

Imho MindArk should have stipulated in PP's agreements from the very beginning that a certain percentage of their income has to be dedicated to advertising. That would have forced them to allocate a budget towards advertising.

I am not sure what advertising it is you are referring to, that MA does. As I have never seen any.
I have heard, in the past, of generic Google banners that existing players have seen as they already play the game and do searches related to EU. But I don’t think even these exist anymore.
Like most people, I found PE/EU through word of mouth. Most of the publicity EU receives is from internet buzz that exists because of its player base and their activities inside the Universe.

I am not sure what advertising it is you are referring to, that MA does. As I have never seen any.
I have heard, in the past, of generic Google banners that existing players have seen as they already play the game and do searches related to EU. But I don’t think even these exist anymore.
Like most people, I found PE/EU through word of mouth. Most of the publicity EU receives is from internet buzz that exists because of its player base and their activities inside the Universe.

There are ads currently running which include more than just banners. There is a particular video ad which pops up on youtube every now and then with a quad wing in space combat and several views from Calypso. It's actually fairly well made. Unfortunately it only seems to pop up when the algorithm detects that you use Entropian websites like PCF and Entropiawiki, so it mostly advertises to current players.

There are ads currently running which include more than just banners. There is a particular video ad which pops up on youtube every now and then with a quad wing in space combat and several views from Calypso. It's actually fairly well made. Unfortunately it only seems to pop up when the algorithm detects that you use Entropian websites like PCF and Entropiawiki, so it mostly advertises to current players.

and it only pops up when you dont use an adblocker (like 95% of gamers)

I dont understand why MA should advertise other planet partners than their own Calypso.
Other planet partners can use money for advertising and get players to their planets and then they get their share of the player incomes. It doesnt belong for MA in anyway to attract people to other planets than their own.

I can just say that if I would own planet for sure I would advertise it and not expect MA does that for me.

I like the idea of privateers being able to land in hangars... that seems like it could work. Get a load of people on board and off you go. Teleporting to space always felt a bit like a sticking plaster for an unfinished system. I seem to remember on of the planets had one in the sky anyhow?

So it's been month and nothing happened. Nothing will happen in 2020 nor in 2021 as I stated previously.

Go buy some peds, MA needs some money for christmas bonuses.

aren't the pp contracts renewed yearly? Add a new clause...

I've heard it plenty of times now, new players getting routed to Calypso instead of their planet of choice, purely because they didn't know they needed to begin the process at their preferred starting planet's web site, because they were new. Choice of planet therefore needs to be addressed from the avatar creation room, before the new player continues into some tutorial.

Reactions: Izz
I've heard it plenty of times now, new players getting routed to Calypso instead of their planet of choice, purely because they didn't know they needed to begin the process at their preferred starting planet's web site, because they were new. Choice of planet therefore needs to be addressed from the avatar creation room, before the new player continues into some tutorial.

will never be happening as MA would lose tons of revenue.

Forgive the bump Devs, but we didn't get a response from Henrik Nel CEO, MindArk PE AB.

It's nearly 1.5 years since we heard from you...please say something?

Forgive the bump Devs, but we didn't get a response from Henrik Nel CEO, MindArk PE AB.

It's nearly 1.5 years since we heard from you...please say something?

Agreed. Anything from them would be nice at this point. It has been extra quiet lately.

From Mindark:

'We are doing our best to keep this boat afloat. Paypal shut us off, and deposits from the US have shrank. Because of this, we had to cut summer holiday 3 days short this year. In addition, we have been dreaming up more potential products to dump on the player base; knockoff pokemon go, and knockoff coin offering had you all wanting more pain in your lives, and we are hear to deliver. We will finish space by 2035, we will fix chat windows, big red text, .. ... right after we break no less than 15 other essential game functions.'

'The withdrawing playerbase has us very concerned for future trips over holiday, as they too may be cut short. PED turnover is down, deposits are down, withdraws are up, and we are sinking. We use to pay close attention to the forums when we had many employees. That is not the case now, and we continue to push 60% returns on players in an effort to pay monthly salaries.'

'We wish you the best, please stop withdrawing currency, and please deposit more.'

'Thank you much, MA'

Back