Products in PE

xodus4000

Provider
xodus4000
Hi. I was wondering if anybody actually tried to promote/sell their real life products in PE

i ll try start of 2020. should be good thing to do

This is from back in the day 2007, never did any further efforts on this venture and dont know MAs standing today.

2007-05-24 23:03 You wrote:

Hi

I have some questions about ingame sponsoring and advertising by real, non-related Entropia Universe companies.

I recently invested in a shop at the Port Atlantis mall and I am about to open a hair saloon. And I am wondering if I am allowed to promote a "real-life" company in exchange for sponsoring, inside the Entropia Universe in the ways that follows.

1)Use company Xs name and trademarks verbaly, and in adds, signs (PC) as in for exampel "Failivrin, Professionel Hair Care sponsord by X", and other loggos.

2)Create a society, bussines, event or contest with a name relation to, or even the same name as company X

3)In any way promote company Xs products, inside EU, either verbaly and/or using (PC)

I am still unsure after reading the EULA so I thought I ask to make things crystal clear ;)

- Regards, Failivrin

2007-06-02 18:34 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi,
All advertising, except for participant ads related to Entropia Universe activities or announcements have to go via Massive Inc. Advertising for real world companies via the participant ad system is prohibited, unless a company has a presence in the Entropia Universe and has a direct contractual agreement with MindArk PE AB.
Regards,
Entropia Support

It is time and money waste to promote/sell their real life products in PE. Many times people try it and lose money..

Some reallife companies like Alienware, Skullcandy, GUNNAR Optiks did promote their products in partnership with Mindark through in-game items and events. Although I don't think that an average Entropian spends enough time outside of the game to care for reallife products.

If you mean just rogue in-game advertisements bypassing the official channels then it's forbidden by EULA:

In connection with the Participant Content System, You agree that You will not: (d) post advertisements or business solicitations not related to participation in the Entropia Universe;

Super interesting replies. Seriously. The will is there, apparently. Maybe the failure of those who tried was due to the products that are of a no interest to gamers?

This is from back in the day 2007, never did any further efforts on this venture and dont know MAs standing today.

Massive Inc. Advertising no longer exists. It was purchased by Microsoft and then closed (or absorbed in to the Microsoft completely)

Super interesting replies. Seriously. The will is there, apparently. Maybe the failure of those who tried was due to the products that are of a no interest to gamers?

They fail because of the tiny player population. They realize there is no point in wasting time trying to advertise to so few people and give up.

They fail because of the tiny player population. They realize there is no point in wasting time trying to advertise to so few people and give up.

Exactly the problem, it is too tiny. It maybe would look better, if millions of ppl play EU, then advertising make sense.

I agree. We think there are a lot of players and there, for a game like this I think it is, but not for RL. I don't know how many registered players there are but looking at stats in tracker "out of" standing for globals in hunting, mfg and mining there are a little over 5000 that I would call active players which is not much IMO.

Back