PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images

Some feature that could be implemented on the website - Better My Items and My Skills

I was browsing the website and I noticed that there are some things that could be improved and they do not involve a huge amount of effort. It is mostly frontend work, but it will go a long way in quality of life for players.

In MyItems section we have a huge grid with all items. At the bottom, we have the TT value of our account. It would be nice to have that value at the top, and also have the amount on ped card. Also, a simple grid with pagination should not be that hard to implement. That would allow some filtering on the frontend and a few nice to have features, that would just make it be better. The usual stuff... You get the data anyway from the server, but some client side features are nice to have.

Our skills are also an important asset. We should have a section for MySkills, and again, those would be nice to have them displayed in a grid that is easy to filter/sort.
    Also MyProfessions would be nice to have, but if we get MySkills section it would be amazing.

I can't post the thread in DevCorner and I do not know where I should post this... so here it goes...
    When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Is just hard on the others.
    Same when you're stupid.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I wish they'd add something like Tree View in to the my items section...

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post2196738

P.S. SnowLeopard, if you are reading this your tree view still truncates last letter of a lot of items for some reason?... Been like that a long time. Not much of a problem, just wanted to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was browsing the website and I noticed that there are some things that could be improved and they do not involve a huge amount of effort. It is mostly frontend work, but it will go a long way in quality of life for players.

In MyItems section we have a huge grid with all items. At the bottom, we have the TT value of our account. It would be nice to have that value at the top, and also have the amount on ped card. Also, a simple grid with pagination should not be that hard to implement. That would allow some filtering on the frontend and a few nice to have features, that would just make it be better. The usual stuff... You get the data anyway from the server, but some client side features are nice to have.

Our skills are also an important asset. We should have a section for MySkills, and again, those would be nice to have them displayed in a grid that is easy to filter/sort.
    Also MyProfessions would be nice to have, but if we get MySkills section it would be amazing.

I can't post the thread in DevCorner and I do not know where I should post this... so here it goes...
    All values should also be displayed in full value and not rounded.
    I think it could be nice to see e.g the full value of my Agility, since it hasn't moved a pixel for so
    many years, it has same value as it had when they introduced number values to skills and attributes.
    I started to fill up the progressbar 2005, and they say it isn't caped... yeah right.

Chaotic Good
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MegaVolt
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would prefer they fix stuff that doesn't work properly and implement that which has been promised and not yet been delivered.

Asking them to do what you ask, could break it, and one of my golden rules is:

'If it isn't broken, dont fix it.'

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Joda asked me in my rep that if I think it is a good idea why I disagree in my post. I do think it is a great idea. The reason I disagree is not because I think the idea is not good, but because I am aware of the fact that implementing it will run into several technical problems. You start with the happy scenario where you think of how the idea should be implemented and how things would be after it gets implemented. In reality, the happy scenario never really happens. There are too many ways this could go wrong. I also believe that something can go wrong, it will. Implementation may start with good intentions and everyone will want to make the game better. However, unintended side effects can and will ruin more than we can expect.
    There is an important saying in software. If something works, don't touch it.
    What you ask for is a huge change to a working system. You have no way of knowing that after the change the system will be as good as it is now. No one could tell.
    I do not trust huge changes in large scale systems.

Edit>>>> This post was supposed to be in another thread.

But I do think your idea is good and it has a lot of merit.
    Last edited by BlackHawk; 11-06-2019 at 13:40.
    Same when you're stupid.

There are enough games that are dumbing things down for everyone. If you want to track skills, you can already do that with entering a few numbers in a spreadsheet and using third party apps. This is a RCE, the gameplay is already so dumb that there is no mechanical difference in the way you can play - at least leave some room for individual effort in tracking/statistics.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Time spent using third party tools is time not spent playing the game...
    A game that is this old could have a better frontend.
    Lots of people in community would do it for free, if the problem for them is the cost.
    Same when you're stupid.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Couple of ways to solve the problem one no MA help, two little MA help.

Select all the items in myItems and copy everything, then open a spreed sheet and paste ( I have a old version of excel) and adjust the width of each column ( I sure each is column has it's own set width) so the everything fits and you are done. See a example:

The other way is for MA to give an option to save as a comma delimited file (like EP lets you do) and let the SS convert it in.

Very simple and you can do it yourself just after you read this.

BTW I am fairly sure there are several free SS online if you don't have excel.

You can operate on the data anyway you want using all the "stuff" in a SS.

Hope this helps as it sure did me.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Black Hawk Hawk
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    I know how to do that and I can do that. Anyone can. This is not the point.
    We are in 2020 and web went a long way since EU (PE) started. A decent grid is a minimum you can ask for on ui.
    Also, the skill value is not displayed anywhere on the web. I know you can access them in various ways. I feel that it is a shame that I need third party tools for some basic things that are that easy to implement.

Also, those feature that are so easy to implement I do not see how they can break any of the existing systems. They pose no risk.
    They get the data from database anyway. They just need to make an endpoint to expose it in json.
    You can go wild and make an amazing display with tree view and all, or simply have a grid with simple features developed on the frontend.
    Same when you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In MyItems section we have a huge grid with all items.
    Some time ago I implemented some of these suggestions in the form of firefox plugin. You can take a look at another thread: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...racking-plugin
    Version described is bit old (total value at the bottom for example, now it's at the top) but you'll have the idea.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast