Some feature that could be implemented on the website - Better My Items and My Skills

All values should also be displayed in full value and not rounded.
I think it could be nice to see e.g the full value of my Agility, since it hasn't moved a pixel for so
many years, it has same value as it had when they introduced number values to skills and attributes.
I started to fill up the progressbar 2005, and they say it isn't caped... yeah right. :confused:

If u are level 103+ u will need over 8 billion agility gains for it to move a level. so for 1% around 80 million skill increases.

You are right, an API would be amazing, but I am aware that that would be a lot of work for them to implement. Maybe not the work itself, but business decisions related to what data should be exposed for each call.
If they would do that, they would make a huge difference.
An API is a nice dream. I do not see it being implemented. There is always the risk that they expose something they do not intend to expose. This is still an RCE. It is a huge security risk.

Oh, whow. Yeah, that would also be great. Then I didn't quite get your initial thoughts ;) However, wouldn't that mean that the game engine would have to provide such kind of skinning or scripting? While skinning doesn't seem "bad" at first, allowing us to script something doesn't sound like something that's going to happen. I mean if I were MindArk I doubt I would allow that (I mean I know me :cool:)... Wait, wasn't there talk about Lua? :scratch2:

It would potentially be a fair amount of work for them, for sure.. it really depends on how their current code is structured. However, whatever time they spent on it they would gain back from not having to work on a vast number of player requests that are currently pending. Combine that with increased player happiness, retention, improvement of the perception of the game, and so forth, I think everyone wins.

Certainly there are limits as to what they could expose. It would have to be limited to mostly UI functions, like most MMOs - but that's mostly what players are asking for in terms of quality of life issues. I don't think being an RCE really makes any difference, because anything relating to loot/trade is done server-side anyway. If you don't allow for any scripting of movement or interaction then I don't see any real security risk over what a client can currently do today.

If u are level 103+ u will need over 8 billion agility gains for it to move a level. so for 1% around 80 million skill increases.

Yeah and when I mostly hunt in mid-range there are probably just base valued gains, so no extra
boost there. :laugh:

It that true or are you just kidding, I am a little thick sometimes. I was at 90 for well over a year when I was still hunting big mobs and I played every day as I am retired. That was why I was an advocate of repeatable missions for agility for players at lvl 100 or less and still am. I know that for players like you that have got there the hard way that seems unfair but I have been playing 12 years and still only lvl 92. But it it does seem to me that after 2010 (cry engine) my increases got much slower.

In "My Items" they even removed the first column with the item id... :mad::mad::mad:

Seriously? :eyecrazy:

Code:
Alekz Precision Scope	1	23.49	Omegaton M2100A1 (L) (103)

Me: "It says I have that attachment on the item with id 103. Which item is it?"
MA: "Count the lines, big boy, count the lines. You can count until 103, can't you?"

That's what I like to do, having to generate the first column with JavaScript... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Code:
    if ($("#myItems tr:eq(1) td").length == 4) {
      $("#myItems tr").each(function (row) {
        var tr = $(this);
        $("<td>").text("" + (row || "")).prependTo(tr);
      });
    }

Last edited:
In "My Items" they even removed the first column with the item id... :mad::mad::mad:

Seriously?

Yes, seriously, and this is not the only problem with site update.
For example -- by default (right after page load) items are sorted by name a-z, and if you click on "Name" column they will be sorted by name a-z again but with different order! Because site sorts names as case sensitive and click invokes sort which is case insensitive.
Or other one -- during sort they rearrange existing table rows so they go outside of tbody tag. Might be not a big dial, nearly invisible by naked eye, but smells.
Or weird alignment of Container header and ordinal rows in last column.
Or... well, I'm not in the MA QA team, so I better stop.

Probably they are really serious about other things like security and have no spare resources for side projects like this items list...

Seriously? :eyecrazy:

Code:
Alekz Precision Scope	1	23.49	Omegaton M2100A1 (L) (103)

Me: "It says I have that attachment on the item with id 103. Which item is it?"
MA: "Count the lines, big boy, count the lines. You can count until 103, can't you?"

That's what I like to do, having to generate the first column with JavaScript... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Code:
        var tr = $(this);
      });
    }

I am just wondering why you want the line numbers as it tells you what the item is attached to (Omegaton M2100A1) ? Only reason I am asking is there more info needed than can help us.

Code:
        var tr = $(this);
      });
    }

I realize this is unsolicited, but I'm bored at work so I hope you don't mind some points for improvement:

Line 1, you should use the strict equality operator '===' to avoid type coercion.
Line 3, 'var' declares a variable into global scope, which is bad. You should always prefer 'let' to declare a block-scoped variable, or in this case I would use 'const' since you aren't mutating the variable ( const tr = $(this); ). But here you can avoid the additional overhead of using a selector to capture the element with 'this' because it's passed as the second parameter of the iterator function.

I don't really understand the purpose of the empty string concatenation ("" + (row || ""))... is it some kind of hack around a problem?

I would write this like so:

Code:
if ($('#myItems tr:eq(1) td').length === 4) {
  $('#myItems tr').each((idx, row) => {
    $('<td>').text(idx || '').prependTo(row);
  });
}

Here's a fiddle:
https://jsfiddle.net/3jocxk0r/

Last edited:
Looks like MA makes changes to My Items these days. There is hope that things will improve.
Please please please add the skills in there too! :ahh:

Back