Suggestion: Balancing the UL item's ingame to work inline with a L economy.

mg Joda VVV

Prowler
mg Joda VVV VVV
Hi Guys,

Bit off a oddball idea maybe but as i see it the greatest challenge this game faces is that it has a partially UL economy that cannot cope with a changing playerbase. This causes for markup to an issue since the ones that would consume will switch to UL asap. This kills MU on alot of items and imposes larger barriers on newer, lower or players with a more limited bankroll as they have to pay MU to get less mu and less returns in general altough they might lose it over a longer period of time compared to higher end players.

To make loot more intresting and functional and also require UL item holders to either loot or buy L items i would suggest that to repair UL items u would need L items. U maintain the value of beeing able to tier and always have accces to a UL item but are still required to also participate in the L economy.

I do see a few challenges such as melee having significant more decay but that could be tackled by requiring the item component needed to repair to be a certain % of the total repair costs instead of the full bill.

I'd suggest that every item in the same category for weapons could be used to repair for weapons, and for armour it shouldnt matter which L armour is used to do so.

Initially i would say only items that are lootable such as armour/guns/mf/amps chips would be applicable for this.

Bit a a brainfart and definately not in my short term benefit, but i know how much ends up in the TT and i would love for it to have a purpose and make mobs relevant again and the fact that it would open the possibility to loot alot more items even if they have little personal use they have a universal use then. Same goes for skilling crafting on items u can never sell it would give them a use.

That is an interesting idea, but it may be hard to digest for too many people. I do not thing MA has the guts to go for it.
To repair a UL item you would need an extender of some kind of the value you plan to repair. The impact would be that more stuff will have some markup in game, but the problem is that UL items are designed to be worse eco than the L ones, so it would be unfair for vast majority of people using UL items if nothing else is done to compensate for the change.

Such a change will impact every aspect of the game and I am afraid it will result in lots of bugs. If the system would be like that, I say it would be better, but to make the system become like that is a monumental task, if it will be done right. Done wrong is a huge risk factor.

For this reason, I hope MA will not implement such a thing.

Hard disagree on this one. I have unl so I don't have to look around for L stuff (and I still do use some L stuff sometimes). There are other things that can be done.

That is an interesting idea, but it may be hard to digest for too many people. I do not thing MA has the guts to go for it.
To repair a UL item you would need an extender of some kind of the value you plan to repair. The impact would be that more stuff will have some markup in game, but the problem is that UL items are designed to be worse eco than the L ones, so it would be unfair for vast majority of people using UL items if nothing else is done to compensate for the change.

Such a change will impact every aspect of the game and I am afraid it will result in lots of bugs. If the system would be like that, I say it would be better, but to make the system become like that is a monumental task, if it will be done right. Done wrong is a huge risk factor.

For this reason, I hope MA will not implement such a thing.

I have UL items, and all the newer UL items have much much higher eco then L. I have a vested intrest in protecting my assets, but im just confident that a good economy is the key to the game thriving.

Without a economy that works the game becomes a social, beeing forced to interact might slow u down but adds a layer that once was valued.

Sure prices might take a hit, but game managed to survive from a mod fap at 400k to 80k, shadow at 120 to 25 so what is the actual impact gonna be compared to the impact of a declining player base? Its not possible to devalue more then it already did from the point we are at now. Most older high end items are worth between 5-25% of what they where.

What if it increases the player base, i recon the UL items will keep or increase in value. there are still significant benefits over L, u can tier, you can sell more loot u get or use it, more players more activity easier to sell other loot.

Last edited:
In my opinion, the repair terminals should be removed and every item should be able to be repaired as L vehicle - using crafted device and consumables.

The downside is suply. As it is now you can do your math to find what values needed for
a target but finding items for sale is way too often hard to find.
UL gear is something to fall back to when you can't find what you want among L.
If market gets flooded the shitstorm will hit MA that there is no MU on these items.
Imo UL is for daily grinding, L is for 'events' and extra boosts.
In a way that has already begun with extenders and enhancers.

The downside is suply. As it is now you can do your math to find what values needed for
a target but finding items for sale is way too often hard to find.
UL gear is something to fall back to when you can't find what you want among L.
If market gets flooded the shitstorm will hit MA that there is no MU on these items.
Imo UL is for daily grinding, L is for 'events' and extra boosts.
In a way that has already begun with extenders and enhancers.

Agree thats the situation currently,

So flip that to less shrap more items L that have a purpose, basically a commodity, that allow for strategic choices and give purpose. U can increase the ammount we find, (1 day robots i have 5-6k ped of L items) to cover more mobs, or even toy with the UL counterparts since u can control the flow to repair makin it manageble as to how big of a impact they have on the macro eco of the game.

Finaly people start notice that damage UL gear cause to our economy
And Entropia itself with RC without E have no charm

Finaly people start notice that damage UL gear cause to our economy
And Entropia itself with RC without E have no charm

Yep, well been a concern long standing of mine.
When they introduced L, UL should never have dropped again without a mechanic to counteract and control.

Hi Guys,

Bit off a oddball idea maybe but as i see it the greatest challenge this game faces is that it has a partially UL economy that cannot cope with a changing playerbase. This causes for markup to an issue since the ones that would consume will switch to UL asap. This kills MU on alot of items and imposes larger barriers on newer, lower or players with a more limited bankroll as they have to pay MU to get less mu and less returns in general altough they might lose it over a longer period of time compared to higher end players.

To make loot more intresting and functional and also require UL item holders to either loot or buy L items i would suggest that to repair UL items u would need L items. U maintain the value of beeing able to tier and always have accces to a UL item but are still required to also participate in the L economy.

I do see a few challenges such as melee having significant more decay but that could be tackled by requiring the item component needed to repair to be a certain % of the total repair costs instead of the full bill.

I'd suggest that every item in the same category for weapons could be used to repair for weapons, and for armour it shouldnt matter which L armour is used to do so.

Initially i would say only items that are lootable such as armour/guns/mf/amps chips would be applicable for this.

Bit a a brainfart and definately not in my short term benefit, but i know how much ends up in the TT and i would love for it to have a purpose and make mobs relevant again and the fact that it would open the possibility to loot alot more items even if they have little personal use they have a universal use then. Same goes for skilling crafting on items u can never sell it would give them a use.

I absolutely like the idea!
Sure some lazy folks would look at it from their perspective and might mot like it because now they would have to go after stuff, but they forget that it also might be in their favor as MU might come back to the game again.

The melee problem can easily be tackled by turning decay into ammo use like the newer melee weapons.

It reminds me of many rpgs where you could combine damaged weapons to make one again

In my opinion, the repair terminals should be removed and every item should be able to be repaired as L vehicle - using crafted device and consumables.

yes, this could be a good alternative.
Not necessarily crafted, but could also be looted mats.
Or a mix of both, depending on the complexity of the item.

Agree thats the situation currently,

So flip that to less shrap more items L that have a purpose, basically a commodity, that allow for strategic choices and give purpose. U can increase the ammount we find, (1 day robots i have 5-6k ped of L items) to cover more mobs, or even toy with the UL counterparts since u can control the flow to repair makin it manageble as to how big of a impact they have on the macro eco of the game.

If everyone gonna loot these items, no need for trades. Make them more unique and a lot of players will
get bored even sooner since they have to pay more MU for daily grinding. Hard to balance this.

L items could modify both UL and L items to new weaponry like e.g Particle Beamer, where the target can
only be damaged by PB-weapons. Same goes for defense, L items modify armor to resist PB-damage.
This will still not solve problem to get a more active market, since these typ of modifications probably
fit events and instances best rather than daily grinding.

Imo before they start to create a lot of new stuff and modifications, they should do an overhaul to the
whole tradingsystem so things we hoard atm got used instead.
Auction should start handle PEC, preferably down to 0,0001 when we create an auction and for buyout.
Shopkeepers should have add ons so we can sell stacks of things in a similar way as ammo in TT,
shopkeepers should also be able to buy things similar to orders in auction.
These systems already excist ingame so it shouldn't be too hard to solve and implement.

Perhaps it is the L economy that fucked things up since it is newer than th UL. People bitch about us needing to go back to the old PE daze...

Last edited:
I would suggest this:
1. Introduce scavenger and tinker skills, to break stuff apart. You take item apart then you get some part some raw materials some extra rare special parts in the loot. The thrill of breaking old computer to get something for your $5 arduino project, you know. Then you could crush totally useless junk to base metals.
2. Make it so you could pimp your gun or armor for extra features. Customization would naturally break apart totally along with TT value (this is where you win, MA).
3. Make it so you have different ways for improvement for each different gun, so people would have fun tinkering.
I remember, I've made some post here about that decade ago, lol. Given, that there is huge number of weapon nerds among us, it would worth every dollar spent on programmers' bread. Just add two more tables to the database and UI.

Last edited:
Back