PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63
  1. #1
    Old Alpha Darth Revan's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Canada
    Avatar
    Darth Reven Reborn
    Society
    Love Craft Academy
    Posts
    924
    Images
    8

    Long time players in low category Mayhems

    Sorry new players, you might as well just give up on events.
    Long time players are chipping out to enter your category 1 and win easy PED.
    You can't compete with them and their equipment so what's the point?

    Do we really blame these players though? I mean sure, there is a moral side to it. These categories were meant for newer players to get their feet wet and slowly work their way up as an incentive. They are pretty much destroying any hope a new player has of competing.

    But haven't MA created this issue? Will they ever fix it?
    I don't think those players are fully to blame on this one, although it is a bit disheartening to see it happen.

    So new players, save your PED until MA come up with a new solution for events.

  2. #2
    the amount of peds needed to compete in cat1 is already a lot too high imo. id say you need at least 3k peds on your card which is more than the best packages in most crowdfunded games. just ridiculous. and with all these disconnects for players outside europe you can basically give up anyway. and then there are the prices who just get bought up by cat 7-10 winners so you cant rally buy anything in case you would win a low cat. there should be cat1 price tokens that can only buy low equip stuff and not everyone can buy everything. and with that low amount of m-tokens its impossible to get anything anyway.

  3. #3
    Slayer Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    9,069
    Images
    90
    After a "long time player" chipped down to 24 lvl (losing a ton in the process) and their health is capped to 120 by the instance, there is no technical difference between them and a "new" 24 lvl player who heavily invested in the gear and bankroll. And mayhems at any level always were the competition of pedcards, nothing new here. Sure you can forbid big rings, pills etc in the low category but how fair that would be towards the actual new players in the supposedly real cash economy?

    And if you are for an equality of opportunities, then what should we do with cat10 players who can't afford to play in their category? Should MA sponsor them or force every other cat10 player to hunt punies with a tt pistol?

  4. #4
    Mutated Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Posts
    9,771
    Images
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the amount of peds needed to compete in cat1 is already a lot too high imo. id say you need at least 3k peds on your card which is more than the best packages in most crowdfunded games. just ridiculous. and with all these disconnects for players outside europe you can basically give up anyway. and then there are the prices who just get bought up by cat 7-10 winners so you cant rally buy anything in case you would win a low cat. there should be cat1 price tokens that can only buy low equip stuff and not everyone can buy everything. and with that low amount of m-tokens its impossible to get anything anyway.
    I live in the US with 80-90ms ping and I've had zero disconnects. Haven't heard any complaints from anyone else either. I think it's a problem with you, not EU.

    As for the OP, if you are referring to like cat 3 and 4, higher level players use these cats to grind for tokens, it's the practice instances, they didn't chip out.
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.9 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

  5. #5
    Stalker Thorns Rose's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    New York Rose
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    2,371
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I live in the US with 80-90ms ping and I've had zero disconnects. Haven't heard any complaints from anyone else either. I think it's a problem with you, not EU.

    As for the OP, if you are referring to like cat 3 and 4, higher level players use these cats to grind for tokens, it's the practice instances, they didn't chip out.
    He is correct.^^

    Also, instead of spending PED in a higher Cat that some are actually competing in ( I am not ) I choose to use less PED and take less decay on a lesser Cat for dailies or challenge level, instead I go into practice instance ones seems best, how else to finish Halloween Creatures codex challenge.

    There are however players who do chip down without argument there.


    I do see your point but nothing about it is inexpensive 1-10
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 11-08-2019 at 07:48. Reason: italics

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I live in the US with 80-90ms ping and I've had zero disconnects. Haven't heard any complaints from anyone else either. I think it's a problem with you, not EU.

    As for the OP, if you are referring to like cat 3 and 4, higher level players use these cats to grind for tokens, it's the practice instances, they didn't chip out.
    ive heard from several players who have the same problem as me and i have zero disconnects in any other game. my ping is usually at 150ish which most likely causes problems with MAs synchronicity netcode. i already have 100k fiber up n down so its definitely not me.

    other people with similar ping have the same problem. japan is just too far away from the server and with MAs subpar coding abilities this wont get any better. ask divinity, he knows it too.

  7. #7
    Mutated Xen's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2005
    Avatar
    Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn-Inc
    Posts
    9,771
    Images
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ive heard from several players who have the same problem as me and i have zero disconnects in any other game. my ping is usually at 150ish which most likely causes problems with MAs synchronicity netcode. i already have 100k fiber up n down so its definitely not me.

    other people with similar ping have the same problem. japan is just too far away from the server and with MAs subpar coding abilities this wont get any better. ask divinity, he knows it too.
    It's not the throughput that matters. Perhaps it is the routing from that part of the world.
    Xen Shop ☯ Modified Fire Forge BGH 4400M tier 6.9 | Easter, Halloween, Summer, Robot Strongboxes | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Merry Mayhem 14 Gloves (M)

  8. #8
    Slayer Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    9,069
    Images
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i already have 100k fiber up n down so its definitely not me.
    It's not your ISP, it's all the intermediary servers between your ISP and MA's servers. I know people who play on < 300kbit DSL and have zero problems both with ping and disconnects. In fact, you should limit your connection in the client loader to 1mbit or lower, it should help with disconnects and the game doesn't use more than 1-3 Mb of traffic a hour anyway.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not your ISP, it's all the intermediary servers between your ISP and MA's servers. I know people who play on < 300kbit DSL and have zero problems both with ping and disconnects. In fact, you should limit your connection in the client loader to 1mbit or lower, it should help with disconnects and the game doesn't use more than 1-3 Mb of traffic a hour anyway.
    i did that already. doesnt help though. its nothing i can change though and as i said, connecting to blizzards wow europe servers is no problem. no disconnects

  10. #10
    Mutated mastermesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Location
    Billy Bar
    Avatar
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Posts
    14,496
    Blog Entries
    10
    Images
    1745
    One solution may be to create even more categories... for each category that exists break it up by avatar creation date... so like one category for each 3-5 year increments in avatar birth date... This also might allow for more splitting up of the winnings so there could be more more winners, even if winnings were lower in value, etc.

    Lots of other alternatives too..

    Maybe put nontradeable keys to mayhem in loot and release 1x amount a month randomly spread out in any mob's loot with only one or two max per day being looted. Don't have a key you cannot get in...

    Maybe do something else... lots of options out there potentially.
    Last edited by mastermesh; 11-08-2019 at 11:17.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook