PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry new players, you might as well just give up on events.
    Long time players are chipping out to enter your category 1 and win easy PED.
    You can't compete with them and their equipment so what's the point?

Do we really blame these players though?

No, I salute players who chip down. They keeps the economy spinning.

The MAIN problem in any category is that one T10 weapon can be used by many players to capture 1st-4th place. Even with CDF guns you stand no chance for top 10. Each UL weapon should only able to register for one single player during any event. Simple as that, fair and square.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Allar allarom Mark
    Images
    IMO Best solution would be to make top categories so tempting that everyone's goals would be to reach there instead of staying in the safe zone.

For example (just for example, don't take it as 1:1 suggestion) 30 rewarded places in cat10, 10 places with PM token or some extra items as prices.

Higher categories should be rewarding enough to start reaching there
    take my advice, i dont`t use it anyway!

Killashandra Liu Ling
    Society
    Alchemic Dream
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    ive heard from several players who have the same problem as me and i have zero disconnects in any other game. my ping is usually at 150ish which most likely causes problems with MAs synchronicity netcode. i already have 100k fiber up n down so its definitely not me.

other people with similar ping have the same problem. japan is just too far away from the server and with MAs subpar coding abilities this wont get any better. ask divinity, he knows it too.
    Weird. Been playing in Japan, China, Taiwan, South Korea and Malaysia for years and never had connection problems as long as the speed was fast enough, regardless being wired or wireless.

Well, China with VPN was tough sometimes, but issues were all due to the Great Firewall...you should try to check routers, modem, wires on your side, or in your neighbourhood.
    Lost in Space searching for monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by allarom View Post
    IMO Best solution would be to make top categories so tempting that everyone's goals would be to reach there instead of staying in the safe zone.

For example (just for example, don't take it as 1:1 suggestion) 30 rewarded places in cat10, 10 places with PM token or some extra items as prices.

Higher categories should be rewarding enough to start reaching there
    Technically, the best cat is cat 10, because you pay the same price/MU for pills and enhancers in any cat, the prizes are just a lot more juicy the higher you get. Unfortunately, you will also need the most expensive guns ingame to have a chance for the top 10, and it needs an expensive fap and armor, so it's a matter of budget what cat you are in.

If we banned UL weapons from entering Mayhem I for one would try to enter a higher cat, because I'd have a winning chance, but that's not gonna happen.

You can't really complain in a P2W game. Bring your credit card and start winning, end of story.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GxB View Post
    ive heard from several players who have the same problem as me and i have zero disconnects in any other game. my ping is usually at 150ish which most likely causes problems with MAs synchronicity netcode. i already have 100k fiber up n down so its definitely not me.
    100k is basically like 2 shotgun 56k modems, it's ridiculously slow, and I'm surprised you can play any MMO. Unless you meant 100mb, which is also very slow but should be enough to run the game without issue.

Run a sniffer or a debugging proxy like Fiddler to see what MA servers you are connecting to. Run a ping with say 1000 requests and look for packet loss - if there is *any* packet loss at all that can indicate a bad route and will definitely cause connection issues. Run several traceroutes to MA servers to see where the latency or any breakage might be occurring.

If you have a bad route between you and their server you can bypass it by connecting to a VPN that is closer to MA's server.
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another option... your avatar wins any prizes and u become ineligible for the next several mayhem and weapon used is now excluded from being used in there

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    Another option... your avatar wins any prizes and u become ineligible for the next several mayhem and weapon used is now excluded from being used in there

So... punish people for winning?
    Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it. - Terry Pratchett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Travis Fforest Cutter
    Society
    Project -X-
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    ......And mayhems at any level always were the competition of pedcards, nothing new here......And if you are for an equality of opportunities, then what should we do with cat10 players who can't afford to play in their category?......
    Having naturally drifted into Cat10 after 15 years of playing, this is sort of where I get stuck. Peds are a limiting factor for a lot of us and competing in our natural category is all but impossible.

I have had a go at the last two events and, at the time of completing, managed a glorious last place in the rankings. This year in particular, I tried with the biggest dps (L) gun / (L) amp combo I can handle, thorio helmet, rings and smacked off my head on 15mg pills. Still nowhere near competitive with the exotic high tier UL weaponry out there and the top end accessories. All was not lost as I got a reasonable collection of boxes / tokens, but that probably isn't the point of the event.
    To be honest, I don't have an answer. People who are lucky enough to run top gear should be entitled to use it all.

Going forward, I think I will have to resign myself to box collecting in the lower practice levels. Throwing peds into cat 10 is a mugs game these days.

Ff

It isn't all about gear but a luck factor involved also. Those 5k can make a hell of a difference. I run a ewe 41 adj tier 6 with 25B amp and 15mg pills+ rings at 120 dps in cat 3, I go through 350 mobs per hour yet I got 8th place last Mayhem and this one I'm not finished yet but I don't think I'll make it to top 10. Having the gear doesn't guarantee good placement.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast